Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Jesus Tweaking Tool FSX Offline?

Maybe im crazy but  after building a new computer I went to the ******* tweaking tool to find it off line.

Anybdy know anything about the JTT for FSX. the url looks dead.

Thoughts , new URL, Does anyone have access

Peter

Maybe im crazy but  after building a new computer I went to the ******* tweaking tool to find it off line.

www.venotubo.com/fsx.html

Thoughts? Changes?

Peter

Peter,

Have you had a chance to look at this? Here it is: http://forum.avsim.n...software-guide/  This guide is a great help when setting up a new system.

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

I can't tell you where it went or how to get it back.  All I can tell you is if you are trying to tweak a modern computer running FSX, try this searching for Kostas tweaking guide on his wordpress blog.

I had better success with this, so did many people that I know.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Topics merged as they had the same subject.  Please do not post two different topics asking the same question.  Thanks!

Jim Young

AVSIM Forums Moderator

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Topics merged as they had the same subject.  Please do not post two different topics asking the same question.  Thanks!

Jim Young

AVSIM Forums Moderator

Sorry about that Jim.. I hit the button a few time ..Regards  Pete

Thanks all , no worries,  Ill run through the Word Not Allowed guide. but I have to say I liked the ******* B Tweaking tool

Pete

Just a reminder: Use automatic tweaking tools at your own risk. As they say, easy come easy go. In the case of FSX tweaks, less is often more. The thing is, tweaks need to be customized for your system, since there are few identical PC setups out there, and customized for the scenery and aircraft you fly.  

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It's a shame ******* has taken down his tweaking site... :(   Despite what some others say, as a ATI user I still saw vastly better performance from *******'s tweaks that from Kostas (all of whose tweaks reference nvidia hardware).

A shame. It always served as a great starting point for new users and even explained the background of the settings. With ******* being the guy behind some of the tweaks or at least a strong driving force, it is sad to see that free/donation based service disappearing. :(

I'd also say it kept people away from the expensive payware tools mainly copying the free knowledge from forums like these and promising much more. Most likely too much.

Ah. My guess would be that we'll soon see it in the PAYWARE section of the FlightSim Store next to the DX10 Scenery Fixer. :O  :lol:

Peter

Back up here Sat. AM.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right