Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

Does the fix resolve problems with DX10 and aerosoft airports (night textures), as well as AI Textures

Yes it does SkwaL, but that implies "all" Aerosoft airports, so we have to be careful with a blank statements....of course you might very well mean "all" - they have a lot of airports, but not "all" have bben tested, and it's possible there may be issues with some of them, and it's the same with AI. UT2 apparently have no issues, but there have been comments about nav light issues with other AI. I expect we will still find issues here and there for a week or two - maybe more; before there's a solid grasp on what works and what doesn't. There is a fix for one issue coming out next week, and it's possible, like almost all of the FSX addons and improvements - there is generally some learning curve involved - certainly in this case, as DX10 basically remakes the simulator into a new FSX, and that has a very big impact.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Also bear in mind that some AS airports have configuration tools like PANC and EDDS. So make sure DX10 Preview is checked.

You've got a better memory than me Julian!

Yeah, not bad for an ol' fart aye Dave :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes it does SkwaL, but that implies "all" Aerosoft airports, so we have to be careful with a blank statements....of course you might very well mean "all" - they have a lot of airports, but not "all" have bben tested, and it's possible there may be issues with some of them, and it's the same with AI. UT2 apparently have no issues, but there have been comments about nav light issues with other AI. I expect we will still find issues here and there for a week or two - maybe more; before there's a solid grasp on what works and what doesn't. There is a fix for one issue coming out next week, and it's possible, like almost all of the FSX addons and improvements - there is generally some learning curve involved - certainly in this case, as DX10 basically remakes the simulator into a new FSX, and that has a very big impact.

As for aerosoft I'm only asking about EDDP and EDDF. About AI, i actually looked more into WOAI, which includes various packages. (online flying)

Still sitting here and debating whether to switch from DX9 or not.

4.7 and a 670 is a nice machine, and you should see some nice performance with DX10, but all I can say, is read the forums, judge for yourself who the negative/positive users are: you can also download the Shaders Patch set 3.2.2 from here or from Avsim library, and most important - read the How-to guide, which is pinned at the top of the Discussions forum, so that you're aware of the history behind the Fixer. Look at lots of screenshots, and in partiicular look at the frame rates on those pics. I will tell you - there are lots of folks who are not successful in making the transition, and most of those have expected it to work like any other addon - instantly, and without any work. It is not an aircraft or a scenery addon. It impacts the way the operating system/graphics presentation system work at their base level, and once loaded and selected - the FSX cfg and it's graphics control system will have changed, and will now need to be optimized and/or experimented with further. Steve, Charles and myself, along with a growing number of very smart and successful users will be glad to help here on the forums, even to offering TeamSpeak/Teamviewer sessions if you wish, in order to get you fixed up-ok!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

4.7 and a 670 is a nice machine, and you should see some nice performance with DX10, but all I can say, is read the forums, judge for yourself who the negative/positive users are: you can also download the Shaders Patch set 3.2.2 from here or from Avsim library, and most important - read the How-to guide, which is pinned at the top of the Discussions forum, so that you're aware of the history behind the Fixer. Look at lots of screenshots, and in partiicular look at the frame rates on those pics. I will tell you - there are lots of folks who are not successful in making the transition, and most of those have expected it to work like any other addon - instantly, and without any work. It is not an aircraft or a scenery addon. It impacts the way the operating system/graphics presentation system work at their base level, and once loaded and selected - the FSX cfg and it's graphics control system will have changed, and will now need to be optimized and/or experimented with further. Steve, Charles and myself, along with a growing number of very smart and successful users will be glad to help here on the forums, even to offering TeamSpeak/Teamviewer sessions if you wish, in order to get you fixed up-ok!

All the Best,

pj

What are the benefits of the DX 10 fixer which is payway vs freeware?

The payware includes all of the freeware fixes, which are basically code repairs or enhancements, plus it diagnoses and repairs/makes compatible those textures which - for whatever reason - show incorrectly or don't show in FSX.

ah alrighty gotcha :) .... I'll look around for few more day on DX9 VS DX10. Does DX10 use more RAM? I hear it reduces OOMs

I can pretty much use Heathrow, LOWI and EHAM  from aerosoft with DX10, so was it worth it ....YES. Also I had reverted to DX9 for night flying with FTX Global, no need to switch that anymore as night lighting is working perfect. 

Also since I purchased the 777 Ive had 4 OOM's using DX9 those have gone away again. No more flickering mountain reflections on the water( they were there on DX9 too)

Steve put a lot of time fixing someone else's broken code. In my eyes it's a no brainer...worth every penny.

hello !

I've a big problem :

all is black (window preview aiplane, windows of the flight...) ,

I can't regenerate "shader10", only "shader",

I haven't anymore "direct X preview" : the line had disappeared 

Direct X 11 seems ok...

I've removed dx10 fixer, but it the same thing...

Please help me  :(

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I can pretty much use Heathrow, LOWI and EHAM  from aerosoft with DX10, so was it worth it ....YES. Also I had reverted to DX9 for night flying with FTX Global, no need to switch that anymore as night lighting is working perfect. 

Also since I purchased the 777 Ive had 4 OOM's using DX9 those have gone away again. No more flickering mountain reflections on the water( they were there on DX9 too)

Steve put a lot of time fixing someone else's broken code. In my eyes it's a no brainer...worth every penny.

Well, its good to hear that the fixer got everything fixed. Is it hard to switch around between DX9 and DX10?

I'm hoping that's just for an updated version,as I was planing to buy it today.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well, its good to hear that the fixer got everything fixed. Is it hard to switch around between DX9 and DX10?

no. Its really simple. Just a click on the switch button.