Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Best FSX addons

Hi I am looking for suggestions about what addons I should get for FSX. Like Scenery, AI traffic, Planes, cabin annoucement/flight crew addons.

Also could anybody suggest a good Boeing 737, and Embrear 145 addon?

I would be running all these with Windows 7 if that helps any.

Thank you in advance!

737 .. PMDG or maybe IFly .. I only have PMDG ..

The only Embraer is the Wilco / Feelthere product I call it 1/2 between stock FSX aircraft and PMDG's offerings a semi- light plane...

FSCaptain for flight crew sounds and flight dispatch, pilot career and such..

737 .. PMDG or maybe IFly .. I only have PMDG ..

The only Embraer is the Wilco / Feelthere product I call it 1/2 between stock FSX aircraft and PMDG's offerings a semi- light plane...

FSCaptain for flight crew sounds and flight dispatch, pilot career and such..

Thank you for the information. Can you get other liveries for the PMDG and the IFly? More specifically like United, Delta, those types of airlines?

PMDG NGX with fs2 crew, ORBX FTX global, AS2012 is where I'd start.

Matt Wilson

ORBX FTX Global....really nice replacement textures for the whole planet. Gets rid of the National Graphic Planet Earth Fake looking yellow desert everywhere look.

This is all very helpful information thank you. I do have a couple questions though. I saw on the AS2012 website you can upgrade AS2012. Is the ugprade worth it?

Also with ORBX FTX Global does the program increase the amount buildings, houses, roads or anything?  Or does it just make the existing buildings, objects and areas look better?

With FSCaptain is there a way to download for example a United set of cabin announcements or a Delta set? Or is it just generic that would work with any airline?

I will say the airports that are shown on these sites look awesome.

I did google that. There were just so many selections that I thought it would be best to ask so I could narrow down my search. I have read about stuff in this thread that I didn't find from googling just FSX addons. It's been very helpful.

1. Anything PMDG

Anything Milviz, A2A, Realair, Majestic Software, Airbus X Extended

Carenado C337, C208, and a couple others

Anything ORBX especially global

Anything FSDreamTeam, Flytampa, most aerosoft

FSUPIC

Let's add DX10 Scenery Fixer to the list. Bought it earlier today and it has been growing on me by the hour. A simply fabulous add on that finally allows us to see the Microsoft ACES Team's true vision of FSX. With all the great add ons of recent weeks, this is absolutely the cherry on the cake. Worth every cent and some!

As for the B737, it's most likely the PMDG NGX (which I don' have, but it sounds it is one of the best addons ever) or the iFly 737 (which I do have - it's a nice plane, but not as detailed as the NGX; however, you'll get a lot more versions for the same money).

As someone else said, there's only one Embraer 145 out there, and that's the Feelthere one.

For scenery, you can't really go wrong with FTX Global for now. If you're looking for airport sceneries, you need to be more specific about the area where you want to fly - there's simply too many airports available to say which ones are the best.

Other planes I can really recommend are the Realair Lancair Legacy, the A2A C172 and J3 Cub as well as the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and the Majestic Dash 8 - all are excellent aircraft that look great and simulate at least SOP (applies especially for the Airbus, the others can simulate more I think, haven't tried that yet) very nicely.

As for the AI traffic, I'd ask you to search the forums a bit (or read through the threads linked below) - there are too many options, which all have their pros and cons, and it's been discussed too often. In short, my advice would be:

1.) Try World of AI and Military AI Works, both are freeware and were actually created for FS9, but they do work in FSX, and you can safe space on your drive by using only packages for the area(s) you fly in. Be aware that using FS9 traffic files will lose you all FSX native AI traffic, though, so if you want to keep ship traffic (and possible other AI traffic you'll need a tool such as AI Flight Plan Converter to convert those files to FSX format)

2.) Try Flight1 Ultimate Traffic 2, they got a 30-day-money-back policy for downloads, so you can try it with no loss.

3.) If you don't like either of the above options, you still have MyTraffic Professional (there are other versions, but IMHO Professional is by far the best) or Traffic 360 as well as the option to create your own traffic.

For further details, refer to the following threads(cross-referencing in those thread is possible):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412793-which-ai-traffic-package/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409236-best-ai-traffic-solution/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398880-ultimate-traffic-2-my-traffic-x-trafficx-whats-your-favorite/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/410969-traffic-addon/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394764-ut2-traffic-360-or-mytraffic-2013/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/390566-which-ai-traffic-software/

I'd also recommend to buy REX Plus Overdrive to replace the default sky and airport textures.

That being said, welcome to Avsim! This is a great and helpful community, don't hesitate to ask if you need assistance, you'll always find someone who can help here. Enjoy your new hobby (and the forums, of course).

Regards,

Flo

It completely depends on your style of flying, your budget, and even on the question whether you used FS9 before (and corresponding addons).   :P

For example ASE can still be used in FSX. As another example the iFly NG for FS9 offers an inexpensive cross-licence for the FSX version.

Instead of investing into heaps of addon airports and planes which you won't fly anymore after a couple of trips, you could ponder

- a 2nd monitor

- a hardware flight yoke (and pedals!), a throttle quadrant

- a subwoofer

- TrackIR

What I use (nothing more, nothing less):

FSUIPC

REX

ORBX FTX Global + Regions + Airports

FS Global 2008 + Freeware mesh (found in AVSIM library, and other places).

A2A Piper Cub

RealAir Duke + Turbine Duke

Aerosoft Twin Otter

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Here's what I use and would recommend

PMDG 737NGX

Milviz 737-200

Feelthere 145

Turbine Sound Studios ERJ Sound pack (if you like the 145 which I really do)

Scenery

Orbx FTX Global

FS Genesis mesh (good mesh)

Scenery tech landclass

Then there are a lot of airports, landclass, regions etc all around the world, see:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

http://www.flightsim-scenery.com/fsx.html

Weather

Opus FSX

Rex although I use that for textures

Other:

PFPX - great flight planning

Aivlasoft EFB - Flight bag with charts

Plan G - Great for VFR, moving map, like above, freeware

Navigraph - Update your AIRAC's for your planes, Aivlasoft etc

Vox ATC - Offline voice controlled ATC

FS2Crew - 2 ppl in the cokcpit