Sign in to follow this  
Ahiko

Release Date From The Service Pack?

A little advice is to not ask these types of questions as you will be disappointed.

David Porrett

I remember seeing someone from the Dev Team say most likely a hotfix will come first sometime in the near future and then a Service Pack will be ready around the time the -300ER expansion pack is supposed to be released.

I am always somewhat amused by this "walking on eggshells" scenario whereby no-one must dare to ask PMDG a question regarding some small issues in a new product that thousands of loyal customers have just spent almost £60 on!

The company is excellent and their products are light years ahead of the competition. For these reasons I have no doubt that they truly appreciate the loyalty of their customers and will therefore have no problem at all in advising their fanbase of likely timings for the correction of some small errors. After all, in the commercial world that is only courteous and polite. Don't be afraid to ask politely and respectfully, you are a customer and they, as a professional supplier, understand their obligations to you and will certainly wish to help all they can. They know the small issues involved and they know how long it will take to issue a hotfix. I have no doubt they will respond very quickly.

JON GREEN

Well if you are correct my friend then that would be very sad indeed. They are a great company. Why would they not wish to communicate with their loyal customers?

JON GREEN

Well if you are correct my friend then that would be very sad indeed. They are a great company. Why would they not wish to communicate with their loyal customers?

JON GREEN

Because this communication has taken place over and over again:  Release dates are estimates only. Estimates are more likely wrong than correct. A (likely) wrong date will cause another bazillion (two bazillions, to be precise  :P  ) of similar threads. PMDG used to make mistakes by issuing those dates; they've corrected their communication since.

This horse has been beaten - Pacman-like (  :lol:  ) - to its deaths numerous times.

Now, please, let it R.I.P. ...   B)

I am always somewhat amused by this "walking on eggshells" scenario whereby no-one must dare to ask PMDG a question regarding some small issues in a new product that thousands of loyal customers have just spent almost £60 on!

The company is excellent and their products are light years ahead of the competition. For these reasons I have no doubt that they truly appreciate the loyalty of their customers and will therefore have no problem at all in advising their fanbase of likely timings for the correction of some small errors. After all, in the commercial world that is only courteous and polite. Don't be afraid to ask politely and respectfully, you are a customer and they, as a professional supplier, understand their obligations to you and will certainly wish to help all they can. They know the small issues involved and they know how long it will take to issue a hotfix. I have no doubt they will respond very quickly.

JON GREEN

The only difference between your post and the OP question is that hes asking about a service pack, not a hotfix witch has been said by PMDG (I believe) will release around the same time of the expansion pack or even when that is released.  I'm sure we will see a hotfix soon as I know the sound engineer for PMDG posted yesterday they plan to push one out for 5.1 and 7.1 channel speaker systems. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421156-new-777-sounds/?p=2799792

Again, there is a different in a service pack and a hotfix.  And of course PMDG will fix promptly what needs be with hotfixes but a service pack is fine polish of already fine work that most users of the product won't even notice.

Sorry my friend you are not following what I am saying. I am not talking about pestering someone about the release of a product, I am talking about the release of a correction of small errors to the product. If the product has unforeseen errors then I have no doubt PMDG will be quick to correct them in a professional manner. After all, the product needs to be right doesn't it?

A paying customer asking politely for an idea of when errors will be corrected is not "beating a horse to death". It is a customer asking a polite question of an excellent supplier who will wish to keep his customers happy to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.

JON GREEN

A full version, a servicepack, a hotfix - it's all about software development. Same principles apply to all these releases, no matter what they are called.

Of course, a hotfix will sooner be finished than an SP, an SP sooner than a full version. Still a reliable release date is impossible to announce.

BTW, here is your PMDG communication:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread/

No they are not the same at all. I do not advocate pestering someone for the release date of a new product. Pointless and futile. However, if I pay money for something then I see no reason why I should not have the consumer right to ask my supplier when they might be able to fix my product. This is the world of commerce. Whether you buy a sofa, a bottle of beer, a car, a house or flight sim software, the same rules apply. Done respectfully and politely then all is good.

Thank you for the link, I really appreciate it.

JON

You're welcome.

Yes, there are consumer rights.

No, PMDG don't have a replacement T7 in their store (you can buy a 2nd licence - the plane will still work the same way your 1st purchase does  :P  ).

No, whatever release date you were given, it would still be a non-binding estimate, most likely to be missed.

Nobody's helped that way - neither you nor PMDG.   B)