Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

PMDG_777X.DLL CTD AGAIN

Ok so this is my second ctd same route alt and performing exactly the same task when it happened prior to decent.

was selecting a star for hong kong 7l cruising in a right 1 offset and the crash exactly as I selected the runway to view the stars. hourglass sim freeze for about 10 seconds then CTD

After about 4 hours in cruise

here is the event viewer report

I will submit bot of these as a ticket now as I can see many others getting 777x.dll ctd's so there does appear to be an issue here.

here is the first flights ctd report

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52256029

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000c10dc

Faulting process id: 0x1290

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb5fd24115d1e

Faulting application path: F:\program files\microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: F:\program files\microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL

Report Id: 87dab8f6-2230-11e3-8a15-20cf301a7a06

and here is the second

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52256029

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000c10dc

Faulting process id: 0x13b4

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb86086b08049

Faulting application path: F:\program files\microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: F:\program files\microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL

Report Id: 66674214-2484-11e3-aaf0-20cf301a7a06

both flights exactly same route

CS B473 CGO W7 IOO W3 AKOTA A583 SABNO V541 RAMUS V531 BETTY

YBCS VHHH

Kav

ok so I am testing this scenario. I did my third replicated flight just now same route exactly, everything identicle and again as I went to select the runway I got the fatel error and ctd. every time I have been in an offset and I am now starting to think this has something to do with it. I remember the pmdg 747 suffered from this same issue. if you try to re select a runway during cruise whilst still in an offset the sim would crash to desk top. I learned to come out of the offset in the 747 to avoid this and no problem ever after. the only thing is surely you should be able to enter runways or re enter runways whilst still in an offset. I am going to try to replicate again now for the forth time but with no offset and see what happens. Please devs could someone look in to this as I think I am on to something here could someone try and test this theory .

I actually don't believe that the route matters or is relevant but here is my plan I was on each time Cruising at fl380 about 100 nm from tod, right one offset, fmc full of fix rings and nav data tuned for vhhh . only addones are ezcam and ultimate traffic . runway already selected was 7lL trans limes and I went to select the runway again in order to see the stars for that runway and that's when the crash occurs. I have replicated 3 times now easily and exactly.

BIB DCT LAKED B473 CGO W7 IOO W3 AKOTA A583 SABNO V541 RAMUS V531 BETTY

ths

kav

Tested here - no problem.

* Offset 1R

* Changed destination to VHHH from VHHX. Note that I was still 2000 nm from dest.

* Selected ILS RW07L app, etc.., and no problems.

Do you have FSUIPC installed? It fixes a certain class of CTD in FSX.

Do have ANY tweaks in FSX.cfg except for the HIGHMEMFIX=1? Do you have AI and/or AutoGen enabled?

Best regards,

Robin.

hi Robin

thanks for testing im just trying to do the same but closer to destination.

I have a few fsx config tweaks from Kostas guide I do have ai and autogen enabled . using ultimate traffic and autogen medium or low I think

tks.

kav

I have a few fsx config tweaks from Kostas guide

Get rid of them, and disable AutoGen and AI traffic. See what happens.

Best thing is to back up your FSX.cfg, delete it, let FSX build a new one, and add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to it.

Be sure you have the latest FSUIPC installed.

Best regards,

Robin.

F:\program files\microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Your path seems to be strange. 

I'm wondering why using a path with a folder structure which doesn't exist on a different partition than OS? Do you operate more than on OS (multi-boot) or more than one FS

at the same system?

It would make sense, if you had migrated an old installation from OS partition to a different partition/physical drive and maybe there is an issue you aren't aware of. 

A common FSX installation structure normally would look more like:

default path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

or individual path:

x:\FSX\

Your error message also says, you are using acceleration package have you tried FSX with just SP2?

ok thanks will try that see how I go

k

Your path seems to be strange. 

I'm wondering why using a path with a folder structure which doesn't exist on a different partition than OS? Do you operate more than on OS (multi-boot) or more than one FS

at the same system?

It would make sense, if you had migrated an old installation from OS partition to a different partition/physical drive and maybe there is an issue you aren't aware of. 

A common FSX installation structure normally would look more like:

default path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

or individual path:

x:\FSX\

Your error message also says, you are using acceleration package have you tried FSX with just SP2?

Bad advice that won't work.

@Paul: do everyone a favor and understand what UAC is and how it works, then study ACLs, and finally how they tie in with the user level of the currently logged in user. Only once you understand all those topics in depth, will you understand the issue surrounding installation of FSX into the Program Files(x86) folder. You'll then also understand why it won't make any difference in this situation. Also, the name of Program Files is completely irrelevent.

If Program Files is really "the" Program Files location of the OS, then that tells me that he is running a 32-bit OS.

All of the above aside, his problem is related to memory, or lack thereof. I strongly suspect he is running into a side effect of a memory leak in FS, and selection of a runway is causing the problem to manifest itself.

I would be very interested to know if ANY selection will do it.

@Kav: try this. Fly the flight exactly as you have been doing, but before you make the selection that causes the CTD, save the flight. Quit FSX, restart and load the saved situation. NOW try and make the selection that causes the CTD. If it does NOT CTD, then it is a memory leak in FSX that you are running into.

Best regards,

Robin.

By any chance are you using payware scenery for VHHH?

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Bad advice that won't work.

@Paul: do everyone a favor and understand what UAC is and how it works, then study ACLs, and finally how they tie in with the user level of the currently logged in user. Only once you understand all those topics in depth, will you understand the issue surrounding installation of FSX into the Program Files(x86) folder. You'll then also understand why it won't make any difference in this situation. Also, the name of Program Files is completely irrelevent.

If Program Files is really "the" Program Files location of the OS, then that tells me that he is running a 32-bit OS.

All of the above aside, his problem is related to memory, or lack thereof. I strongly suspect he is running into a side effect of a memory leak in FS, and selection of a runway is causing the problem to manifest itself.

I would be very interested to know if ANY selection will do it.

@Kav: try this. Fly the flight exactly as you have been doing, but before you make the selection that causes the CTD, save the flight. Quit FSX, restart and load the saved situation. NOW try and make the selection that causes the CTD. If it does NOT CTD, then it is a memory leak in FSX that you are running into.

Best regards,

Robin.

You would do yourself a favour if you gear down, read/understand other postings first before assuming others UAC skills at random. Maybe YOU aren't able to handle the default path, i do very successfully. Btw. i didn't apply for it was intended to illustrate why his path is uncommon, because it's  F:\program files\etc... The order structure from any OS  beside C:\

That forced me to ask for the possibility of unsuccessful migration. Even you would prefer F:\FSX here.

Second, i gave no real advice 'til yet, i just asked 2 simple questions.

Third, if his problem is really memory based he wouldn't get errors in PMDG_777X.DLL but the prominent OOM message. 

The lack of runtime integrity would fit much better, at this level of information.

Hi

the file path looks strange because recently i migrated my fsx installation to a new ssd drive all by its self leaving the operating system on the other. I decided to put the fsx folder in a new folder called program files incase I ever needed to install onother program on the drive so figured it wouldnt hurt.I am running win 7 64 bit home edit

I have never tried running without acceleration never heard it could be an issue before.

yes I am using imaginesim vhhh and kaitak scenery.

I did try to replicate the flight again using the saved flight scenario and I got no ctd this time. I trid to mess with the fmc as much as I could trying every runway and sid etc but it was fine.

cheers

k

Hi

the file path looks strange because recently i migrated my fsx installation to a new ssd drive all by its self leaving the operating system on the other. I decided to put the fsx folder in a new folder called program files incase I ever needed to install onother program on the drive so figured it wouldnt hurt.I am running win 7 64 bit home edit

I have never tried running without acceleration never heard it could be an issue before.

I did try to replicate the flight again using the saved flight scenario and I got no ctd this time. I trid to mess with the fmc as much as I could trying every runway and sid etc but it was fine.

cheers

k

I had the same issue with Imagine Sims VHHH. Every time I approached the airport, roughly 20 - 30 NM out, boom CTD. It's definitely not the 777 causing it. I was due for a full reinstall and reformat anyway which is how I cured the issue. The CTD could have been caused by the scenery or the issue that's explained in the pinned "777 current issues and fixes" thread regarding the runways file. I've decided not to reinstall the airport and went with AIGs freeware version instead. No CTD again, but after all the maintenance I performed, I wasn't expecting any further issues.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

@Paul: no issues here - thanks for asking. B)  I just completed a 21 hour long-haul (real-time). FYI OOME is not the only sign of things going awry in memory. If it is memory leak induced, then anything could happen, but a crash or OOME will be the ultimate symptom (in this case, crash).

Is that FlyTampa Kai Tak? That certainly has a memory leak issue. Do this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420832-scenery-and-landclass-files-memory-leak-fix/

I specifically detail how to fix FlyTampa Kai Tak in this post here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420832-scenery-and-landclass-files-memory-leak-fix/?p=2796145

Also try disabling AI and AutoGen and see how it goes.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi Robin

having looked at my folder set up for fly tampa s hong kong the process you described was already done and I never did it my self anyway still get the ctds there

kav

I had the same issue with Imagine Sims VHHH. Every time I approached the airport, roughly 20 - 30 NM out, boom CTD. It's definitely not the 777 causing it. I was due for a full reinstall and reformat anyway which is how I cured the issue. The CTD could have been caused by the scenery or the issue that's explained in the pinned "777 current issues and fixes" thread regarding the runways file. I've decided not to reinstall the airport and went with AIGs freeware version instead. No CTD again, but after all the maintenance I performed, I wasn't expecting any further issues.

I am having that same issue, 20-30nm out, I get an ntdll.dll error when approaching VHHH. I also have Kai Tak and Imaginesim VHHH... very strange issue... did you ever solve it?

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg