Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

DX10 Fixer - ATI/AMD AA and Vsync Guide

Peter I am thinking of going the nvidea route as getting lots of tearing. Which would be the most compatible with my processor?

I have the exact same thing Tony... Is 4X AA all you did in the Fixes menues? I have been trying EVERYTHING.....and cant fix it....these are the topics I have made with some stills....is this what your seeing too?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422802-serious-issue-with-ati-and-steves-dx10-fix-tears-and-spikes-everywhere/#entry281786

I solved this problem by uninstalled everything related to ATI and then install a little old driver.like 12-8 or something. the artifacts simply disappeared

• Upvote 1

I solved this problem by uninstalled everything related to ATI and then install a little old driver.like 12-8 or something. the artifacts simply disappeared

Correct. Pre 13 drivers work. Confirmed by Steve. Sadly I need latest drivers for other games too.

P3Dv2 initial tests seem ok though. Waititng ona few more patches before I make it my full time platform though. And honestly, DX9 with BP=0 is everything DX10 is.only missing cockpit shadows. Everything else is identical in DX9.

C.

Hi,

after installing DX 10 Scenery Fixer I had a lot of problems with artifacts - especially when flying in “heavy” weather e. g. through thick cloud coverage. Normally I got FPS of 30 but at those moments the FPS drops to 15. I finally found the settings (please see below) where those artifacts disappeared but I am not satisfied anymore with the scenery quality. But changing the FSX settings e. g. to improve quality the artifacts return……. So this is no solution. Maybe my other settings are wrong?

So is there anyone who can advise me what I could do to improve my scenery quality e.g. which settings I should change in the FSX.cfg file.  I tried various different settings (because the instructions are not quite clear for a “normal” user) but those changes also did not work.  

Processor:         Intel Core i7-3770K CPU@ 3.50GHz, 4501 MHz 4 core 8 logic processors

Graphic card:    AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (0x679A)

Software:           Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2

Active Sky Next

Aersosoft Airbus X Extended A320 NEO

Aersosoft MegaAirport Frankfurt EDDF

Radeon Pro (settings according to the DX10 Scenery Fixer documentation but additionally     OverDrive enabled = HP GPU clock set to 930 and Memory clock to 1575).

DX10 Scenery

Fixer:                    AA = 2x

Clouds Shader = off

Fsx.cfg:            

[BufferPools]
UsePools=1
RejectThreshold=262144

[GRAPHICS]

MultiSampleQuality=8
MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=0
FreewayDensity=7

[DISPLAY]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=254

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=3.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=70

MESH_RESOLUTION=19

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=24

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=4

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12

[sCENERY]

LENSFLARE=0

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=2

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3

SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0

FSX Settings:        [Aircraft]

Aircraft cats shadows on the ground: Unticked

Aircraft casts shadows on itself: Ticked

Aircraft landing-lights illuminate ground: Ticked                 

[scenery]

Level of detail radius: Medium

Mesh complexity: 70

Mesh resolution: 76m

Texture resolution: 2m

Water effects: Low2.x

Land detail textures: Ticked

Scenery complexity: Normal

Autogen density: Normal

Ground scenery shadows: Not ticked

Special effects detail: High

[Weather]

Cloud draw distance: 100mi/160km

Thermal visualization: None

Detailed clouds: Coverage Maximum

[Traffic]

Aviation traffic: Airline: 11/ General aviation: 10 / Airport vehicle: Minimum

Land and sea: Road vehicles: 8% / Ships: 0% / Leisure boats: 0%

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse - Did you roll back the driver to an older driver, say 12.8, per the previous post by Charles - also on page 9 of the "How-To" DX10 Guide?

Regards,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

of course I did and thats the reason why I was not talking about "spikes" just mentioning "artifacts" ......Could you please have a look at my specific DX10 fsx.cfg settings (e. g. buffer pools, graphics, display and jobscheduler) because I believe the root-cause for the bad performance can be found there.

Regards,

Hanse 

Sure, Hanse: I'll just leave the parameters which I think are to high - or wrong in some way, for your system - ok!

Fsx.cfg:            

[GRAPHICS]

MultiSampleQuality=8                 These two figures are given by having 8x CSAA in the Fixer. You show only 2x.
MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

[DISPLAY]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40  //   80

FSX Settings:      

[Weather]

Cloud draw distance: 100mi/160km     <<<  better would be 60m/96km

Detailed clouds: Coverage Maximum    <<< better would be 'medium'

[Traffic]

Aviation traffic: Airline: 11/ General aviation: 10    <<< Already low, bu choose one or the other at any one time.

Not a great deal out of normal - these above will make a difference, though. Here's a list of the worst offenders. One of the features of DX10 is that it will be quite smooth right down to 17 or 18 frames, and I'm aware of a number of folks doing this. Just set the frame limit and vsync parameters down to 20, with 1/3 refresh rate (Inspector) and Enable Dynamic Framerate Control and “Keep up to 20” FPS (RadeonPro)

When troubleshooting, Hanse - it is better to minimise most everything, and then increase only per your personal "Must-Have" priority list, until one meets a point where further increase causes issues that can only be met by reduction of one or more components of that priority list.

If this is not possible - then a hardware change is neccessary, and - condsidering that most Flight-Simmers enjoy this hobby for many years, I think it is not reasonable to suffer the continuous aggravation that these problems can cause over a long period of time.

I hope this will help,

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the proposals. But I recognized one strange thing in connection with RADEON PRO. Previously I always manually started the program and then started FSX from the RADEON PRO application profile (by double-clicking) on the stated fsx program path.

But I do not know why anymore: One time I handled it in a different way e. g. added RADEON PRO as a Windows start-up program and without opening RADEON PRO I normally started FSX. The result was significantly e.g. I had an increase in the FPS and as well could increase my fsx scenery-settings without getting "artifacts"......(still FPS limited to 30)..Maybe those findings might be also important for other users and to be mentioned in your DX10 Notes.

So for the time being my problems seem to be solved - thanks anyway for your support.

Regards,

Hanse

If anyone wants the Graphical Corruption issues in DX10 Preview mode in FSX, they need to actually report the issue. I just tried a flight in the new BETA 14.3 drivers and when water is set to medium or high to get the reflections, you will have corruption in 5 minutes or less.

Steve Parson also confirmed this as well. He discovered this issue only arose since the introduction of driver 13.x and later and is with us to this day. Even with water on x2 low, it will happen eventually on longer trips.

Please report this to AMD to have it addressed in the current driver cycle. If no one reports it, we will get what you can expect. No change.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B69

Here's hoping. Sticking with DX9 until this gets resolved.

PS - this was also an issue in X-Plane 10 and was fixed in the current BETA because users complained.

Charles.

• Upvote 1