Sign in to follow this  
Morph

MD-80 series?

Fly the maddog by leonardo already exists. Thats why pmdg wont make one ever. Plus the pmdg wouldn't be as detailed as the leonardo already is because they dont know how to put a weather radar in their planes.

Haha wow. Just. Wow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Fly the maddog by leonardo already exists. Thats why pmdg wont make one ever. Plus the pmdg wouldn't be as detailed as the leonardo already is because they dont know how to put a weather radar in their planes.

I fully agree with you!

Flight1/Coolsky already has an amazing detailed study sim MD-80, have you seen it?

The coolsky MD-80 is very good, I think that for some simmers PMDG is their 'Nike', all the aircraft they love/fly have to be made by PMDG so they can brag "I got PMDG, that's how awesome a sim pilot I am!"

I've seen threads regarding the 717

This needs to be done, Perfect Flight's the only 'competition' and their 717 is far from perfect.

I think a MD-90, MD-95/717 package should be done by somebody

747 classic,

The CLS one isn't that bad, no one's done an SP or -100 for FSX though.

One word, QualityWings

Level-D, yes it's old...so is the Leonardo Maddog, both are still praised highly for fidelity though.

A320,

FSLabs is on the case, for now Aerosoft's version's the best.

A330 and A380.

These along with the A320 are by default extremely difficult to properly emulate. FSX is Boeing biased, PMDG doesn't really have that kind of experience.

FSLabs and Aerosoft are the ones to bug about those planes

I think people should do a simple Google/AVSim search for a particular aircraft they want and see PMDG's response to it.

PMDG's replies aren't that easy to find

Googling "PMDG [Non Boeing Airliner]" shows a sea of threads like this one.

Also a lot of these requests are PMDG groupies, they want every single airliner ever made by them.

The coolsky MD-80 is very good, I think that for some simmers PMDG is their 'Nike', all the aircraft they love/fly have to be made by PMDG so they can brag "I got PMDG, that's how awesome a sim pilot I am!"

IMHO, Leonardo's MD-80 is better than Coolsky's, but they are both good. 

This needs to be done, Perfect Flight's the only 'competition' and their 717 is far from perfect.

I think a MD-90, MD-95/717 package should be done by somebody

A 717 is being developed, by TFDi. This was quite a lite product, but now it seems it's being done in some depth. The MD-95 is the same aircraft more or less though it never entered service in that name. But the MD-90 is very different so I don't see how it fits in as the same product package.

The CLS one isn't that bad, no one's done an SP or -100 for FSX though.

The external model is OK, but otherwise it's very poor, nothing like a real 747 Classic systems wise. Lite and default systems only.

FSLabs is on the case, for now Aerosoft's version's the best.

I think the BBS Airbus is actually better than Aerosoft's. Not so "gamey" and more functional.

These along with the A320 are by default extremely difficult to properly emulate. FSX is Boeing biased, PMDG doesn't really have that kind of experience.

FSLabs and Aerosoft are the ones to bug about those planes.

FSX is Boeing biased? You've just praised other devs for producing good McDonnell Douglas sims, so how does that work. There is nothing in FSX which is biased against Airbus, heck, there's even an Airbus in the default set of aircraft.

Why do you think the A320 is difficult to simulate in FSX? Apart from details of the FBW concepts, Boeing and Airbus aircraft are more or less the same in essence. Arguably, Boeing's FBW is harder to simulate properly. If PMDG can simulate an MD-11 and a 777 they can simulate an A320 or A380 (if they had the spare resources to do so).

As FSL and Aerosoft (and of course BBS) can make Airbus sims in FSX then so could PMDG. The fact it is clearly possible blows away your idea of FSX being biased to Boeings.

PMDG's replies aren't that easy to find

Googling "PMDG [Non Boeing Airliner]" shows a sea of threads like this one.

Also a lot of these requests are PMDG groupies, they want every single airliner ever made by them.

PMDG have never said they will only do Boeing airliners. They even announced an Airbus family a few years ago, but it was shelved. To date they have done Beech, British Aerospace and McDonnell Douglas airliners as well as three Boeings. A Douglas is in the works.  This is hardly Boeing only.

I agree with you that some people seem to think only PMDG is acceptable, but there is no demarcation between add-on developers based on aircraft manufacturer.

ki9cAAb.jpg

A 717 is being developed, by TFDi. This was quite a lite product, but now it seems it's being done in some depth. The MD-95 is the same aircraft more or less though it never entered service in that name. But the MD-90 is very different so I don't see how it fits in as the same product package.

Wasn't the MD90-30 the inspiration for the MD95 -> B717?

I can't see why they're done together from an internals point of view, though.  The deck might as well get lumped in with the rest of the 80s.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the MD 81/82 from Commercial Level Simulations, while the "FlyTheMaddog" is the most realistic out there, the CLS was on sale for me at 15.99 USD so.... However an MD-90-30 or Boeing 717-200 would interest me....

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

FSX is Boeing biased

What do you base this statement off of?

FSX ships with default Boeing AND Airbus aircraft. How is it biased?

Wasn't the MD90-30 the inspiration for the MD95 -> B717?

I can't see why they're done together from an internals point of view, though.  The deck might as well get lumped in with the rest of the 80s.

The MD-90 was a 5 foot stretch of the MD-88 re-engined with the IAE V2500. The flightdeck is basically the same as the MD-80. In contrast, the MD-95 went back to DC-9-30 fuselage length and even had DC-9-30 wings (not MD-80 wings). Different engines again (Rolls-Royce BR700).  It had the same all glass cockpit as the MD11, very much of the 1990s.  The 717 as eventually produced ended up with BR715 engines.  So the MD95/717 is very different to the MD-90.  They are only related by chronology really.  Different ends of the capacity spectrum.

As a new tech version of the DC-9-30 it really should have been much more popular than it was. I hope a good quality 717 makes it to FSX, I'll be first in line to buy one. I'm not so bothered by the MD-90, it's too similar to the MD-80.

ki9cAAb.jpg

No plans to do this whatsoever.

Aaaand scrolling through all the nonsense shitposting, here is finally the answer that I waited for, sad to hear but thank you.

As for the other boeing models, IMO I think that the 767 is the one that needs to be done now, since it is by far the most outdated one (we already have a good 757 by QW/CS). The 787 might also be an interesting choice since its very easy to transfer from flying the T7.

I think we've reached the point where the FM matters a lot but with a crappy 3d model and texturing makes the whole aircraft obsolete. (I'm talking about the current maddog, it feels old even though the FM is excellent.

It needs a PMDG/Majestic refurb.

Cheers.

It's better then the LDS VC by a long way

I bought the Maddog years ago and still cant fly it......every time I load the plane I cant stand how BAD the graphics are..........very poor product for the money you pay.......system may be good, but what happened to the graphics......

I bought the Maddog years ago and still cant fly it......every time I load the plane I cant stand how BAD the graphics are..........very poor product for the money you pay.......system may be good, but what happened to the graphics......

I'm guessing you never flew the Level D 767 then...

Can't wait till Majestic sell their Pro Q400 with multiple crew over IP/LAN

Till then, the Leonardo Maddog is still the only aircraft on Flightsim where you can do this:

which is just about as close to doing this: you can do without leaving home.

I was gonna say. Leonardo maddog is in many ways even better than PMDG products - except graphics, and in some ways ease of use. A new version with some imporovements in these regards would make it a top-class addon again, right next to the NGX, 777 and Majestic Dash.

+1

Best regards,

Robin.

Aaaand scrolling through all the nonsense shitposting, here is finally the answer that I waited for, sad to hear but thank you.

Shitposting? Nice way to show respect for others in the thread.

As for the other boeing models, IMO I think that the 767 is the one that needs to be done now, since it is by far the most outdated one (we already have a good 757 by QW/CS). The 787 might also be an interesting choice since its very easy to transfer from flying the T7.

The CS 757 is far from good, not remotely close to PMDG quality. Apart from the buggy and flawed systems, the VC is a poor rendition of a 757. Still, if you're happy with it, why are you not equally happy with the CS 767? It's no worse.

The 787 has little in common with the 777 from an FSX developers point of view, apart from the similar FBW. The flightdeck is very different. So PMDG would have to start mostly from scratch. But QW are already developing one so that's good.

ki9cAAb.jpg