Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Jerky banking turns 777 only

I thought because I had tried some new Inspector settings, that I had caused a problem, but when going back to the NGX, there is no problem. Not so in the 777. When I am changing heading and banking to the new heading, I kind of jerks as it is turning instead of turning smoothly. This is only in flight. In other words, my sim is nice and smooth and no stutters turns on the ground or artifacts etc. my frames are good and my GPU usage is normal. Any ideas?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Are you by any chance banking more than 35 degrees bank?

That is Overbank protection kicking in, foghting you :-)

Klick on the AP disengage BAR on the MCP panel to turn envelope protection off,then you can go crazy.

Or just bank max 30 degrees like in real life.

Rob Robson

Are you by any chance banking more than 35 degrees bank?

That is Overbank protection kicking in, foghting you :-)

Klick on the AP disengage BAR on the MCP panel to turn envelope protection off,then you can go crazy.

Or just bank max 30 degrees like in real life.

Have checked my bank limit. Still does is at reduced bank angle settings. I normally use "auto".

Rick Hobbs

I have noticed this as well.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

The bank angle selector has no influence on manually flown turns.....you are flying manually here are you not?

Or is this jerking while using the AP?

Rob Robson

For me, under A/P.

Eric 

I  am also in A/P.

Edit: When I look a little closer, this looks like a series of mini pauses or freezes.

Rick Hobbs

I  am also in A/P.

Edit: When I look a little closer, this looks like a series of mini pauses or freezes.

Ditto under A/P control and under handflying (I'm not banking too fast)

What weather program are you using?  I have seen this with OPUS if the DHM is not set up correctly.

What is the view "out the window" doing? Is it stuttering/pausing?

Best regards,

Robin.

some little nasty stuttering there, but I think because the as2012 download or refresh the weather (in my case in every 5 min)

What weather program are you using?  I have seen this with OPUS if the DHM is not set up correctly.

I'm using AS2012 Sp2 in DWC mode enabled.

FSGRW. No stuttering of outside scenery. Just the plane.

Eric 

Try disabling turbulence in fsx that's what fixed it for me.  It also stopped the oscillating while climbing to cruise level.  

Its in the intro manual to disable but I chose to ignore that and ran into issues so the past few flight I've had it disabled and the plane is much smoother albeit no turbulence.

Sean Green

Try disabling turbulence in fsx that's what fixed it for me.  It also stopped the oscillating while climbing to cruise level.  

Its in the intro manual to disable but I chose to ignore that and ran into issues so the past few flight I've had it disabled and the plane is much smoother albeit no turbulence.

"FSX" turbulence is 'interesting' in the way it works. The whole air mass of the planet basically jiggles around, and some 'things' are done to the airspeed indicator which bare little semblance to what real turbulence looks like.