Sign in to follow this  
Bunkers

Carenado Grand Caravan EX is out!

Nice eye candy.  :smile:

But of course, the RealAir Duke 2.0 has just been released, with exceptional eye candy, sound and flight characteristics - making it a little harder to justify a Carenado purchase at the moment.

Saying that, the C208 is my favourite Carenado product, so perhaps..........

First time I bought a Carenado at launch, I'm positively surprised. Then again I havent really tested much of the systems, mostly hand flying her so far. Flight model feels credible enough for some1 like me who have never been in a real Caravan so that's not really worth much  :lol:

(Own) screenshots, Bunkers! :Big Grin:

Now that's a G1000 plane, right? So the question in regard to fps is vital too.

It looks good, they sure did excellent work. However, I don't really see any reason for me to buy this plane, because I believe it basically is nothing more than their normal or cargo C208, and I'm not so keen on the G1000 either, and let's face it: nearly 40 dollars isn't exactly inexpensive either. So I guess I'll stick to waht I have already. But I have to say that I'm impressed by every single screenshot of their latest release, when it comes to visual modelling and texturing skills they are right up there with PMDG!

(Own) screenshots, Bunkers! :Big Grin:

Now that's a G1000 plane, right? So the question in regard to fps is vital too.

I be the FPS will go into the toilet. Just a guess.

Bob

Lol, Bob. 'Nicely put.' :lol:

Lets just say they will surely be affected. I can see Carenado delivering 'ok' fps in their TBM with SP2, so maybe there's hope. It's just that the old C208 is very fps friendly, so pointing out a possible difference makes sense.

Lol, Bob. 'Nicely put.' :lol:

Lets just say they will surely be affected. I can see Carenado delivering 'ok' fps in their TBM with SP2, so maybe there's hope. It's just that the old C208 is very fps friendly, so pointing out a possible difference makes sense.

"Nicely put" LOL -- You made me feel terrible. I should have said "There is a possibility that the frames rates (depending on your hardware), may be adversely affected. 

Bob, you are set for a political career now. :O ^_^

Yes, the impulse replies can get you into trouble. It won't be the 1st time LOL. There has been rumor that we will no longer be able to use fps  when we talk about an aircraft. They are talking something like "lean on the frames" or "fat frames". These types of descriptions are less hurtful and shows compassion for the developers efforts.

Hey, let me know how you like the HD version. I think I need a change though. I am eyeballing the Majestic Q400. Very nice reviews on it, and the frames are remarkebly lean considering the complexity and clarity.

Bob

(Own) screenshots, Bunkers!

Tough audience eh  ^_^

sga5.th.jpg t76o.th.jpg

okiz.th.jpg lmzn.th.jpg

About FPS. I was worried about those myself. I dont measure my FPS exactly, but I did expect it to be worse than it is on my system. I have the Carenado B200 and that is worse. I also have the C337 and that is better. Maybe on par with the P46T. I'm sure more measured opinions will be available soon.

EDIT: I always loved the idea of a VIP Caravan but didnt actually know one existed until recently. I think this might very well be the perfect plane for me. It's something you just cant explain properly or justify with reason. It's a feeling  B)

I'm Carenandoed out.... But it looks nice as usual.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm Carenandoed out.... But it looks nice as usual.

Wow, "Carenadoed out" LOL

I know what you mean. I need something different and looking at the Majestic Q400.

Bob

This will probably be my last aircraft purchase for now; the past year has been a phenomenal embarrassment of riches, and I feel like I have enough aircraft in my hangar of high quality to last me for years!  Getting really familiar with each one will be my goal, now, along with the scenery areas I will concentrate on.

Looks like a beautiful job, downloading now!  I really think their TBM is fantastic, and this is another turboprop.

Read the details on the Carenado site but see no mention of what NAV database is in use.  Anyone found out yet?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere