Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

I need help, FSX doesn't start in DX10

I found a guy with the exact same scenario on Steve's site:

I found a similar case with out solution found on Steve's website:

Please any advice on what could be wrong? I cannot get past the splash screen. FSX process just quits, no warnings no nothing...

Hello Steve,

I’ve installed your files, after I opened the fsx I enabled the option Dx10 Preview in FSX and I had to restart the fsx, but since then I can’t open again the fsx.

I had a lot of payware installed, like fs global, rex, gex, utx, aerosoft scenaries…

Please, could you tell me how I can restore to the previuos configuration?

Thank you a lot!

POSTED BY FRANRAMONCRUZ | APRIL 16, 2013, 8:49 AM
REPLY TO THIS COMMENT

I forgot to mention that i had installed d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll of ENBSeries

POSTED BY FRANRAMONCRUZ | APRIL 16, 2013, 8:56 AM
REPLY TO THIS COMMENT

That’s why I suggest trying dx10 before installing the new shaders.

Your problem is one of the add on libraries which isnt dx10 compatible. best bet is to ask in the dx10 forum on avsim.

To return to dx9 just edit fsx.cfg and change the line d3d10=1
To d3d10=0

POSTED BY STEVEFSX | APRIL 17, 2013, 7:27 AM
REPLY TO THIS COMMENT

Thank you very much,

That solved the problem and I’m trying to investigate which libraries are incompatible with D10. I had unable disabled all the scenaries and airport and the problem persisted, I couldn’t open again fsx, maybe because of I’ve replaced 3 files of system32: d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll and UIAutomationCore.dll

POSTED BY FRANRAMONCRUZ | APRIL 17, 2013, 4:04 PM

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I suggest the following.

I assume that you haven't replaced any Windows system files like he did.

If you have, download Direct X again and re-install it.

Make sure you have absolutely no remnants of the ENB series files in your FSX folder.

Probably the easiest way to make sure you catch every one is to temporarily copy all the files back into the FSX root folder, which should highlight them all. Then delete them.

The same goes for SweetFX, if you have ever had it installed.

Complete, it works well with DX10, if you like to mess with the picture.

However, if bits are missing it can cause either a totally black screen or, as you may well have found, the complete disappearance of FSX.

If its any consolation, I have experienced both and each time found I had not removed all the SweetFX files, through carelessness.

Nick

I did not, knowingly, replace any windows files!

I did try to remove ALL ENB files, but how can I find the sweetFX files?

Thank you so much for your help!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

These are in your root fsx folder:

d3d9.dll                 - DirectX 9 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 9 games
   d3d9.fx                  - DirectX 9 specific shader code
   dxgi.dll                 - DirectX 10/11 proxy dll that will inject shaders into DirectX 10/11 games
   dxgi.fx                  - DirectX 10/11 specific shader code
   injector.ini             - Settings for the shader injector dlls - you can reconfigure the keys used in this file
   SweetFX readme.txt       - This readme
   SweetFX_preset.txt       - You can choose which settings file to load here - default is to load SweetFX_settings.txt
   SweetFX_settings.txt     - SweetFX settings. Effects can be turned on and off here, and their settings can be tweaked.

Don't forget the folder SweetFX and the files log.log and shader.fx

A good way would be to unzip the SweetFX downloaded file to a temporarily folder and check the content of it with the fsx-root.

Spirit

Don't forget the folder SweetFX and the files log.log and shader.fx

A good way would be to unzip the SweetFX downloaded file to a temporarily folder and check the content of it with the fsx-root.

Spirit

What I posted above are exactly that. The other files and folder you're talking about have no affect on anything as long as he removes the files I mentioned above from the fsx root. That way if he wants to re-install all he has to do is re-install those 8 files.

These are the files that ENB series puts in your FSX folder.

ENBfiles_zps0b45b6a7.jpg

These two are put in by Steve's Dx10 fixer, if you have it

Fixerfiles_zpse2310bdc.jpg

and you have the list above of the SweetFX files.

I believe the ones that do the damage start with d3d9 / d3dx and are .dll files.

Unless you have the fixer there should be none in the FSX folder.

Check again for any of the ENB and/or SweetFX files,

good luck.

Regards,

Nick

What I posted above are exactly that. The other files and folder you're talking about have no affect on anything as long as he removes the files I mentioned above from the fsx root. That way if he wants to re-install all he has to do is re-install those 8 files.

I prefer to make things clear and clean. It doesn't matter if I reinstall 8 or 20 files and I doubt that a readme.txt file has any influence so why do you delete this one?

Spirit

I found bits and pieces of what you wrote I should look for, and I am happy to say that I am now fully setup for DX10, I purchased Steve's setup file and will now fly exclusively DX10

I tested my route airports for today: Flytampa Dubai and UK2000 Manchester and they both worked fine!

Thank you all so much for your help!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I am delighted that you have solved your problem.

I have no idea who decided that the best answer was a list of files

but I have both experienced your problem myself and seen others post about it

on other forums.

In every case where a solution was found to either FSX simply stopping without warning or starting

with a black spinning aircraft screen and then the whole screen, the answer lay in the failure to

remove all the .dll files from the FSX folder placed there by either ENB or SweetFX.

Regards,

Nick

My guess would be because it actually answered the OP's question in post 3. :)

I am delighted that you have solved your problem.

I have no idea who decided that the best answer was a list of files

but I have both experienced your problem myself and seen others post about it

on other forums.

In every case where a solution was found to either FSX simply stopping without warning or starting

with a black spinning aircraft screen and then the whole screen, the answer lay in the failure to

remove all the .dll files from the FSX folder placed there by either ENB or SweetFX.

Regards,

Nick

Yes you both helped me! I am sorry I just had to choose one, and now I can see I cannot choose two, so I don't know which one to choose, I thought that kwynn's post might be the one to look at if others need to remove files also.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Don't worry about. I could really care less. Just glad it helped you.

Yes you both helped me! I am sorry I just had to choose one, and now I can see I cannot choose two, so I don't know which one to choose, I thought that kwynn's post might be the one to look at if others need to remove files also.