Sign in to follow this  
jbee1a

LCC

After having problems with the VC in the PMDG 777, namely the eye point shifting by itself depending on latitude or other factors, I download the Opus demo to test the Live Camera Control and see if it was a solution to my problem. At a northern latitude I set up a few cameras based on the captains view point, i.e., forward view, MCP view and FMC view. It's great, it works. Move the plane to an airport close it the equator and the view point has moved further back, distorting my view point. I opened the LCC dialogue and reset my eye point, so far so good. However, the problem is I have to reset the eye point for each camera individually: with more than 10 camera positions this isn't practical. Is there any way to adjust the eye point for all cameras simultaneously and preserve the setting for the duration of the flight, even after switching to an outside view and back? That would be a workable solution for me.

I've researched enough to know that the 'shifting eye point' is a core FSX (and P3D) bug, (not PMDG), but so far I've spent more time fiddling with the VC than studying the 'plane - I would like to fly it once in a while.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The solution which takes just a second to do is to use the LCC (Live Camera Control) to adjust the eye point, using assigned buttons or even a GamePad, I use a Sony DualShock3 controller so it takes a small flick of the x axis. After tweaking the view you then use the Set Camera LCC function to assign the offset to the camera view. It is then applied to the view each time it is selected. I also have the Set Camera function assigned to the middle PS button on my controller so it ends up just a flick and then a button press then go fly. You do have to do the same with the first officers view but I don't bother since its not so noticeable on that view.

This same FSX bug, shifting the aircraft axis at certain locales, also affects the NGX, especially noticeable with the HUD. The same procedure fixes that.

Stephen

Forgot to mention these features are best used on the latest beta although the functions are available in the latest Upgrade the beta development and enhancement is ongoing. The release will be updated in the near future after we return from our holidays.

Stephen

So you create your VC camera views in the normal fashion using Live Camera (LC) and with total disregard for the FSX axis shift bug, then when the aircraft is moved to a location where the view is shifted you use the above LCC procedure ... Shift the eye point axis and hit the Set Camera LCC function ... To fix the axis shift once and for all for that flight. Each time you select that VC view the offsets you assigned to the camera view are restored correcting the FSX axis shift.

Stephen :-)

The shifting eye point is an fsx bug. It is more noticeable the higher you go say over 200,000ft. I have put the trike in high earth orbit and the view point was all messed up.

thank's for the suggestions - I'll do some tests.