Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

No cabin dome lights in DX10.

I've only just started flying a few early morning flights. I jumped in my CT206H and thought, "hmm, the cabin seems a bit dim today". I have my lights set to separate switches on my quadrants, so I checked the control settings and yes, all good. I went back to my cockpit and turned on all lights - the tarmac lit up, the strobes flashed, the Cessna panel looked like a Christmas tree - but I'm surrounded by darkness?! I look up and see my dome lights fully lit, but no light is shed from them.

I check my Skymaster, same problem, and the RealAir Duke's and the Spit and the Kodiak and the.....and the........all the same; lit dome lights but no light emanating from them.

Having issues with the Kodiak and other such aircraft doesn't surprise me, but the Carenado stuff is generally DX10 compatible, what with the stock VC shadows, so this problem has me stumped.

I've tried different settings in Steve's fixer, all to no avail.

Any ideas? 

Water shader is greyed due to using FSWC shader. 

Same with all aircraft; panel lights fine, dome lights on but no light from them.

Weird.

This guy is having the same problem -http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422148-cockpit-dome-lights-with-dx10-fixer/ shame nobody could help. I even completed a fresh install (all 100GB of the stuff!) before installing the DX10 fixer, I wanted to start afresh.

Oh well, it's not a big deal, just irritating when something doesn't work properly, eh, Steve? ;) 

SPEEDY UPDATE:

Not sure what was left to do - and basically clutching at straws - I took a visit to my fsx.cfg and what do I see? NUM_LIGHTS=1

1, I'm thinking, 1? That's not right. So pop it back to 8 (as far as I know that's the stock setting) and voila! I have my dome lighting back! Yeah!!!

So a corrupt fsx.cfg was the culprit. No idea how that happened but hey, a good knowledge of your fsx.cfg does come in handy. ;)

I took a visit to my fsx.cfg and what do I see? NUM_LIGHTS=1

1, I'm thinking, 1? That's not right. So pop it back to 8 (as far as I know that's the stock setting) and voila! I have my dome lighting back! Yeah!!!

So a corrupt fsx.cfg was the culprit. No idea how that happened but hey, a good knowledge of your fsx.cfg does come in handy. ;)

Well - that was a surprise! Good going, Mark!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.