Sign in to follow this  
bensmini

trouble with function display along top of cockpit

The last few times I have flown my 747-8 shortly into the flight the function display along the top of the cockpit view which leaves you with no way to control various functions such as overhead, throttle, fmc, eicas, etc. So far I have found no way to cure this disappearing act so I was wondering if someone has a "magic" cure for this happening.

It seems to occur when switching from the outside view back to 2D cockpit or when restoring the ATC to active on screen status. One time it just disappeared when the plane was simply flying along with no inputs happening. This is a very aggravating situation so would appreciate any solutions.

Ben Metcalfe

You can turn that back on in the View menu by selecting the "PanelSwitcher" - I think it's bound to one of the Shift+# keys too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your solution it worked. I don't think they should allow dimwits like me to fly planes like the 747-8, how you guys can know all this stuff continues to amaze me.

Once again thanks, problem solved;

Ben Metcalfe