Sign in to follow this  
brucek

What triggers the cabin ready message?

This seems, as far as I can tell, to be a random timer with upper/lower time limits, that triggers the cabin ready message- both on arrival before landing, and on taxi out before take-off.

I'm wondering if the message on departure is triggered by engine start, push-back or taxi start (and if the taxi requires any pre-requisite such as engine start or pushback). I'm building some saved "flights" at the pre-takeoff phase with various departure procedures that I can use as a shortcut to flight with only 30 minutes available to sim in the weekday evenings, but want to make sure I get that awesome "cabin ready" chime.

Thanks, Bruce.

I think it is in the tutorials somewhere but yes it is random after the before taxi checklist is complete.

Can't recall exactly where and what by hart but have a look at the tutorial

One of the criteria needed is that the cabin doors are armed.

No I think its  one of the stewards pressing  the button at the back of the aircraft ^_^

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nothing to do with distance to the runway.  Here in FAA-land, the cabin must be ready prior to taxi.  If it was distance-based, you'd never get the warning, and you'd never be able to start the taxi here.

Kyle Rodgers

Nothing to do with distance to the runway.  Here in FAA-land, the cabin must be ready prior to taxi.  If it was distance-based, you'd never get the warning, and you'd never be able to start the taxi here.

Some interesting theories and ideas….  I too began to think it was “distance to take-off runway”, after I experimented last night a bit.  I saved my “flight” at the “before push-back” phase of the departure procedure, and had noted that the “cabin-ready” chime came on at a certain distance to the runway, while taxying.  So, I then tried a delay to taxy after pushback, and noted that even with a 5 minute period where the aircraft didn’t move (but not paused !), the chime still went off when approaching the runway (but the proximity to the runway seemed to change, hinting that it might be a “random” distance to the runway.  But one could go on and on testing this, and I got what I needed-  if I save the a/c at the “ready-for-pushback” phase, I et the chime.  Now to see if I still get it when saving at the “ready to taxi” point.

Kyle has an interesting theory too-  based on RL procedures, no doubt…. 

Thanks,  Bruce.

Could it be timed from brake release? Once the engines are both running and brakes are released a timer is started?

I then tried a delay to taxy after pushback, and noted that even with a 5 minute period where the aircraft didn’t move (but not paused !), the chime still went off when approaching the runway (but the proximity to the runway seemed to change

This makes it seem like that might be the case.

Guys, seriously...it's not distance to the runway.

Haha. Of course not. The T7 may be smart, but she isn't that smart. There's no way for it to tell which route you're going to take to the runway.

My bet is on some sort of timer tied in to engine start/pushback/brake release or a combination of conditions known only to PMDG at this point.