Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The Man Who Helped Kill FSX - His New Role

Way to go Joshua Howard! You successfully helped to kill off one of the most historic and well recognized titles in all of the gaming universe, and certainly the least misogynistic game ever, and you are now pandering to 14 year old boys with T&A content! Congratulations.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/8/4815826/crytek-warfaces-sexualized-female-skins-were-designed-from-regional

Unbelievable, and to think this guy was heading Flight at MS Game Studios.

Interesting March 2012 interview with Tom Allensworth: http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/jhoward.

I did not know the background and history of Joshua Howard until reading this interview. He is NOT a "simmer" supporter, IMHO.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Seems like this guy, Joshua, is all about the money.  Do what it takes to make a buck.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I personally don't agree with video games that promote violence, but adding this sexual content to it to make it appealing to a wider audience is deplorable. I'm a guy in his late teens, most people my age are playing this mind polluting rubbish. Sickening IMHO.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I'm a guy in his late teens, most people my age are playing this mind polluting rubbish. Sickening IMHO

Way to go Jesse, you are on the right path of life!!

:Applause:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I personally don't agree with video games that promote violence, but adding this sexual content to it to make it appealing to a wider audience is deplorable. I'm a guy in his late teens, most people my age are playing this mind polluting rubbish. Sickening IMHO.

Couldn't have said it better ( in my late teens also..) . I really do not get the appeal of GTA5 and games like it, it is just mindless violence

Spending all that time and resources on virtual women's skin for a combat game????

The guy is in serious need of a girlfriend.  If he's married, I really don't know what else to say.

I played the battlefield series aswell as GTA since I was about 11 or 12 but I have yet murder anyone nor have I ever been in trouble with the law besides speeding tickets. It really makes me angry when people blame games for all of the shootings ect. Games aren't to blame I mean back when I was little before games were real big my friends and I would play soliders and pretend to be in a war and I suspect most other guys on here did the same. As for the sexual stuff most kids back in the day were peeping at their dads playboy mag. Nothing has changed besides the package that our violence and sex come in.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not the clad women that bother me, but Joshua Howard should of never been near flight sim gene to start with. First, flight sim history goes back to late 70s and early 80s. The brought in somebody looking to collect a paycheck or bonus. Read the interview now see how oblivous or ignorant he was about flight simulation in general. All the budget directed toward flight could of been used to create incremental improvents to fsx. Free to play does not work on simulations at all.

Tom,

You remind me why you are a leader in our community and I applaud you pointing this out.

However, more of this vitriol from you would have been handy in early 2012.  I guess you do have a community to run.

While I had never heard a more clueless MSFS product manager than Josh, we has likely at the end of puppet strings attached to revisioning of Microsoft's presence in the market.

Our hero today should continue to be Phil Taylor.  The foresight to make ESP gives us P3D, which seems to have kept the dream alive.

Great post.

Way to go Joshua Howard! You successfully helped to kill off one of the most historic and well recognized titles in all of the gaming universe, and certainly the least misogynistic game ever, and you are now pandering to 14 year old boys with T&A content! Congratulations.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/8/4815826/crytek-warfaces-sexualized-female-skins-were-designed-from-regional

Interesting March 2012 interview with Tom Allensworth: http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/jhoward.

I did not know the background and history of Joshua Howard until reading this interview. He is NOT a "simmer" supporter, IMHO.

He was an idiot when it came to our culture.  However, he was just the errant boy - the "rot" most certainly came from the top.  Whomever listened to this guy's pitch and thought he'd carry the torch was derelict.  Microsoft clearly doesn't even value their own past. 

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

So someone of distinction in the flight sim community (now and for the long term) should approach someone now of distinction at Microsoft and point out the evident decision making value system of the decision maker at the crucial time......

Something kept FS going from the early days of the PC, through the legal battles and related legal costs vs subLogic, through competition from Pro Pilot and Fly, and up through FSX and the effort toward Flight.  Are there faintly glowing embers?  Or did they die per passing of baton to Prepare3D?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yep i was one of those lol

Lol