Sign in to follow this  
ysfsim

GSX and the 777

Does any one notice that gsx uses AKH containers rather than AKE or ALF containers as it should? The AKH containers are only for the A320/321-200 series. They are too small for the T7. Also has anyone noticed that during push backs, the nose wheel acts strange because it doesn't want to turn when the tug turns. This was not a problem with the ngx but I found the solution: Turn off all the hydraulics until after the push back. Like I said, this was not a problem with the ngx. In real life the way around this is a bypass pin, which is not simulated in fsx. I think the ngx was not a problem because it allowed the nose wheel to be turned by an external force such as the tug even though the hydraulic are powered up.

-To PMDG: can you sim a bypass pin or work it like the ngx?

-To Fs Dream team: Can you correct the cantainers? and it is disappointing to see only a maximum of six containers coming off a T7 that can hold over 26 AKE containers. I know the code allows a max of three dolly trains but can you have more tractors drive in with more? ( if there are 12 containers, four tractors drive in to offload)

cheers!

-To Fs Dream team: Can you correct the cantainers? and it is disappointing to see only a maximum of six containers coming off a T7 that can hold over 26 AKE containers. I know the code allows a max of three dolly trains but can you have more tractors drive in with more? ( if there are 12 containers, four tractors drive in to offload)

1. You should make this request in FSDT's forums.  I doubt they come in here that much.

2. Do they even have a profile for the 777 yet?  Last time I used it, they did not.  Until that happens, I doubt PMDG can do much to help them, and I doubt they did things too differently from the NGX.

Kyle Rodgers

Does any one notice that gsx uses AKH containers rather than AKE or ALF containers as it should? The AKH containers are only for the A320/321-200 series. They are too small for the T7. Also has anyone noticed that during push backs, the nose wheel acts strange because it doesn't want to turn when the tug turns. This was not a problem with the ngx but I found the solution: Turn off all the hydraulics until after the push back. Like I said, this was not a problem with the ngx. In real life the way around this is a bypass pin, which is not simulated in fsx. I think the ngx was not a problem because it allowed the nose wheel to be turned by an external force such as the tug even though the hydraulic are powered up.

-To PMDG: can you sim a bypass pin or work it like the ngx?

cheers!

attachicon.gif737 dlh eddf depart.jpg

You can correct this yourself. In the GSX customize aircraft settings select the cargo doors, and there is an option to select whatever container type you want. Save it and your done. As for the the wheel problem with the tug, I don't have that issue.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

GSX does have a profile for the T7 yes, it was in one of the automatuc updates. they have even added a high loader to use with the freight model.  im not sure if they have fixed the profile yet where it requiers you to open door L1, even though the jetway or stairs got to L2.

Jason Dilley

GSX does have a profile for the T7 yes, it was in one of the automatuc updates. they have even added a high loader to use with the freight model.  im not sure if they have fixed the profile yet where it requiers you to open door L1, even though the jetway or stairs got to L2.

Yes they have!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

im not sure if they have fixed the profile yet where it requiers you to open door L1, even though the jetway or stairs got to L2.

A tweak I found on the FSDT forum is to swap the door settings between L1 and L2 in the GSX aircraft profile. Doing this essentially makes L2 "the main exit". FSDT did not indicate they were going to change/swap it as part of the default profile - not sure why....

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Yes they have!!

A tweak I found on the FSDT forum is to swap the door settings between L1 and L2 in the GSX aircraft profile. Doing this essentially makes L2 "the main exit". FSDT did not indicate they were going to change/swap it as part of the default profile - not sure why....

Thanks for the heads up chaps

Jason Dilley

As for the the wheel problem with the tug, I don't have that issue.

I get it working only if I skip powering up the hydraulics. If they are on, the wheel won't turn.

hey Jordan

would you mind explaining how exacty you swap the gex door info because I already tried that but it has caused issues where the stairs now go to ddor 2 but it still asks to open door 1 or where two sets of stars go to door 2 or the animation of the stars extension does not work on door 2 etc etc

so not sure how to get it right . do you need to swap over the code? and or change the door location via the editor and change the name?

tks

kav

I followed Umberto's guidance he posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9092.msg72855#msg72855

Basically copy everything, including the door code/name/position fields from 2L to notepad, then copied all 1L fields into the 2L fields, then from Notepad, copied the old 2L info, back to 1L.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I too have the nose wheel issue, where it tried to straight hen up when the tug is pushing back , plus the rudder keeps moving.

Any way we can stop the rudder movement as well ?

I too have the nose wheel issue, where it tried to straight hen up when the tug is pushing back , plus the rudder keeps moving.

Any way we can stop the rudder movement as well ?

With the exception of the Majestic Q400, nose wheel steering in FSX is tied to the rudder axis, so it's perfectly normal for the rudder to move when the wheels are turning.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I followed Umberto's guidance he posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9092.msg72855#msg72855

Basically copy everything, including the door code/name/position fields from 2L to notepad, then copied all 1L fields into the 2L fields, then from Notepad, copied the old 2L info, back to 1L.

thanks Al for the link and info and appologies for miss reading your name as your surname. small print....... me old man etc etc : )

kav