Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

JS41 PFPX

Anyone know if there is a profile avaible for planning with PFPX, I'd love to have one, take care.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'd make one, but I really dont have a AOM with performance data and even if I did it would take me weeks. I really wish the developers would get on board and make profiles for the more popular addons (ie TOPCAT with the NGX, T7, Q400, Aerosoft Bus etc).

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

+1

For now I am using the Saab 340(really what's the point. I don't know any Saabs for fsx, and I have looked a lot!) profile, and I changed the weights to that from the PMDG Jetstream manual.

I got around to doing a test flight today and it burnt around 100-150 Lbs more fuel than PFPX claimed, which is a result I was happy with.

For now I am using the Saab 340(really what's the point. I don't know any Saabs for fsx, and I have looked a lot!) profile, and I changed the weights to that from the PMDG Jetstream manual.

I got around to doing a test flight today and it burnt around 100-150 Lbs more fuel than PFPX claimed, which is a result I was happy with.

Thanks for the Saab 340 tip! (I don't see the point in having it either, and I've looked a few times for one as well, but at least it can serve as a mid-size regional generic till the JS4100 is supported.)

As you suggested, I altered entries to whatever data I had available on the JS4100 - on a small hop from Kona Intl to Lihue, I landed with 100lbs more fuel than predicted, with a payload of 5421 lbs. I am extremely happy with the result. The JS4100, despite its age, is still one of the most realistic addons for FSX (and in a league of its own for regional props). In conjunction with PFPX, its an even better experience. 

BTW, I found this JS4100 brochure while I was googling and I thought it was pretty cool, so thought I'd post the link: http://www.jetstream41.com/files/J41overview.pdf

Guys, remember that PFPX was NOT made for FSX, specifically.  It's a fuel planner that calculates based on real world data.  If the aircraft developer then uses real world data in creating its aircraft, the performance numbers will match and everything will be fine.  Granted, yes, PFPX includes templates for aircraft created for FSX, but that doesn't mean those are the only ones in there.  There was a SAAB 340 created for FS9.  I'm guessing that's why it's in there.

As far as the JS4100 goes, I'm working on the performance numbers.  Once those are done, I'll upload it to AVSIM for people to use.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Guys, remember that PFPX was NOT made for FSX, specifically.  It's a fuel planner that calculates based on real world data.  If the aircraft developer then uses real world data in creating its aircraft, the performance numbers will match and everything will be fine.  Granted, yes, PFPX includes templates for aircraft created for FSX, but that doesn't mean those are the only ones in there.  There was a SAAB 340 created for FS9.  I'm guessing that's why it's in there.

As far as the JS4100 goes, I'm working on the performance numbers.  Once those are done, I'll upload it to AVSIM for people to use.

Hurry up

Ron Hamilton

Guys, remember that PFPX was NOT made for FSX, specifically. It's a fuel planner that calculates based on real world data. If the aircraft developer then uses real world data in creating its aircraft, the performance numbers will match and everything will be fine. Granted, yes, PFPX includes templates for aircraft created for FSX, but that doesn't mean those are the only ones in there. There was a SAAB 340 created for FS9. I'm guessing that's why it's in there.

As far as the JS4100 goes, I'm working on the performance numbers. Once those are done, I'll upload it to AVSIM for people to use.

Thanks very much, Kyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

As far as the JS4100 goes, I'm working on the performance numbers. Once those are done, I'll upload it to AVSIM for people to use.

In case you haven't seen it, there is a JS4100 fuel planner for FSBuild that is fairly close. 

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Great Work Kyle!

Thanks a lot.

Hurry up

haha - hurrying!!!  I think I should be able to knock a significant portion out tonight.  We'll see.

As the second-most flown plane in my fleet, I think I'm more anxious than anyone here.

Thanks very much, Kyle.

Great Work Kyle!
Thanks a lot.

You're welcome guys.  Hoping to have it to you all within the week!

Kyle Rodgers

haha - hurrying!!! I think I should be able to knock a significant portion out tonight. We'll see.

As the second-most flown plane in my fleet, I think I'm more anxious than anyone here.

You're welcome guys. Hoping to have it to you all within the week!

I was just playin around, if you need pfpx help let me know.

Ron Hamilton

I was just playin around, if you need pfpx help let me know.

I figured.  No worries.

Kyle Rodgers