Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Loganair J41s anyone?

If there is any painters without work at the moment, why not Loganair J41?

We have already BN-2 Islanders and I saw a forthcoming screenshot of a QW Bae-146 in Loganair colors...

Certainly there wil be a Loganair Twin Otter as well. With FTX Scotland and UK2000 airports it could be great fun to fly those Loganair routes.

Check out Airliners.net photo search "Loganair" and British Aerospace J41...

I would love that too, being that Loganair, together with sister airline, Manx, were launch customers for the type. I was actually involved in the delivery process from BAE Prestwick for the Loganair J41's. Happy days!

Complete and utter insurrection

Loganair was mentioned before but I'm not sure the request was ever fulfilled:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419964-jetstream-4100-libery-request/?p=2964605

Jim Hodkinson did a lot of repaints and published them in this this thread, perhaps Loganair is in there:

http://forum.avsim.n...repaint-request

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Happy to hear that this topic is still alive. I wasn´t able to find the paint from that thread.

Perhaps try messaging him?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just for fun I did one today. I'm not a pro painter and I need to install the Jetstream again to test the livery, but I'll see if I can post a quick preview later today.

That'd be the one ^_^

support1.jpg

That was the last draft I had done, but not the final look. Should be able to complete her since I still have the file on my external drive. I'll see what needs alignment, and what else needs to be painted, but should be able to upload her to avsim library on Monday. Busy weekend this weekend, and wont be able to do it until then.

One observation I have on the basis of your screenshot Johnny is that the font for the LOGANAIR logo is not quite right, it was somewhere squared off. Also the "Scotland's Airline" text should be moved left a bit and there should be more space after the apostrophe. You'll see what I mean if you search for G-LOGJ on airliners.net

support1.jpg

Hi Propane

Definitely not redundant in my eyes and was one of the liveries that was sadly midding from PMDG, considering that Loganair along with sister airline, Manx, were joint launch customers for the type. I'm an avid user of my J41 so if you want it tested let me know

Ken

Complete and utter insurrection

Ah, it's a good way to dust off my limited repainting skills. I will try to finish it tomorrow. If you ever flew on the J41 with Loganair as pax, I would be interested to hear if they had the stripes on the inside of the engine nacelles as well? Can't find any picture that shows it.

I tried to make mine as accurate as possible, using G-LOGJ as reference in Photoshop. But the font I copied from their current logo. As mentioned by ckyliu, they used a different one on the planes. Also, mine doesn't have a registration yet, as my text tool refuses to work in Photoshop...

Here's a quick shot from a circuit at Prestwick:

2vtv4n4.jpg

I will tweak it a bit more and drop a link in this topic later on.