Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

PC Aviator - silence on overdue order

Back on 2 October I ordered FS Global ULTIMATE - Europe/Africa on DVD which was sent the following day via the US Postal Service.

Last week I sent an email to PC Aviator asking when it might arrive. No response. Yesterday I posted another request asking when it might arrive. Still no response.

I don't believe it should take over two weeks for a small item like this to arrive especially when the shipping cost was $7.80.

But what really concerns me is their lack of response to a customer request. As this is my first order with them I'm getting concerned. If the DVD doesn't arrive in 7 days and I fail to hear from them I shall contact my credit card company for a refund.

I know the US Government workers were affected by the recent shut down. Did this also apply to postal workers?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have always got great response from PC Aviator. Try calling them at 1-800-664-0033. They are in eastern time zone USA.

Vic green

Olli, thanks, I'll be patient a bit longer. I suppose it might involve UK Customs wanting a VAT payment and if that's the case there's no advantage ordering from the US. I'm more annoyed they're not replying to emails.

Patco, that might be a free number in the US but it's not in England.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

For the VAT stuff in Europe (EU):

- VAT must be applied to payware DVDs (full product price)

- with "DVD service" (=download products burned to a DVD for a few extra bucks) VAT is applied only to to the value of the blank disc itself, but not to the download product. Considering a minimum limit for VAT this variant will be completely free of VAT in the end.

That's just "plane" crazy ...

Olli,

Do I take it that you paid VAT for your purchase? It sounds likely from your post. I assume PC Aviator will fix a label with the retail price to the package. This could be my first and last purchase although the large discount may tempt me into the North America version.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My order came to $47.75 inc P&P so VAT will be around $9.50 or about six quid. It will be interesting to compare to the price on European sites once I finally get it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Did you receive a tracking number on that package at all from PCA USA?

If so, is the item trackable via the USPS website?

Its not uncommon for deliveries to International locations to be delayed (for any number of reasons which are beyond the shipper's control).

VAT is also another item we have no control over as that is a local import tax.

Sit tight and hopefully the package arrives to you in the next few days.

If there is still no sign of it in 3-4 days, please send me a PM here and I will see what I can find out from the USA office for you.

Dean

PCA (Aus) Office.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Ray

I'm only replying to your post because of your past inter-action with my posts as I've sworn not to bother with this Forum any more.

Just to comfort you, recently I ordered some items for my Fender electric guitar from the USA which cost £75 as opposed to £193 over here. From being posted by the seller in Florida to a courier hub here in Normanton took a mere 3 days, but from there to my door took over a week. Seems the hold-ups are at this end.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from PC Aviator and have always received every item in perfect condition.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  You'll get it, and if you don't, they will take care of you.

Did you receive a tracking number on that package at all from PCA USA?

If so, is the item trackable via the USPS website?

Hi Dean. Thanks for your post. I chose the International Economy Air Mail option so it cannot be tracked. I suppose the key word there is economy. Not having ordered software from the US before I'm not aware of how long such a delivery would take but I would have expected it after 2 weeks.

Its not uncommon for deliveries to International locations to be delayed (for any number of reasons which are beyond the shipper's control).

That's what Rick has alluded to above. I suppose I just have to be patient.

VAT is also another item we have no control over as that is a local import tax. Sit tight and hopefully the package arrives to you in the next few days.

If there is still no sign of it in 3-4 days, please send me a PM here and I will see what I can find out from the USA office for you.

Quite understand the VAT thing and I suspect it's the UK end where the delay is. I am reassured by your and others posts about PC Aviator but much of this may have been avoidable had the US office responded to my emails. Perhaps they're short of manpower?

Ray

I'm only replying to your post because of your past inter-action with my posts as I've sworn not to bother with this Forum any more.

Just to comfort you, recently I ordered some items for my Fender electric guitar from the USA which cost £75 as opposed to £193 over here. From being posted by the seller in Florida to a courier hub here in Normanton took a mere 3 days, but from there to my door took over a week. Seems the hold-ups are at this end.

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry you feel that way about AvSim but I'm very appreciative of your post. I wouldn't be surprised if after all this the package turned up in the next couple of hours!

Please reconsider your decision. This place is all the better for having good members. :smile:

I've ordered a lot of stuff from PC Aviator and have always received every item in perfect condition.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  You'll get it, and if you don't, they will take care of you.

Thanks Robert. I imagine US customers have no problems with PC Aviator. Overseas orders will always be different and I fully understand delivery will take longer but what does concern me is the lack of response to enquiries about my order.

I'll post here when it arrives.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Got the bundle directly from PILOTS today,10 days from Austria to France. Well packed. Now the real work begins, installing about 20 DVD :rolleyes:  ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Ray,

Give Royal Mail a call. They usually intercept parcels from abroad and hold them until the recipient pays the VAT and their "handling fee" (read ransom). They usually send a letter to say they're holding the parcel pending your payment. The letter might have gone amiss somewhere in the system.

Thanks EngineRoom, good idea. I called RM but my local office doesn't have anything for me yet. I'll wait until the middle of next week and then contact Dean in Oz.

Domkle, lucky you but that's a long time from Europe. It's only these huge files that require a DVD. All other stuff will be cheaper from the US with no VAT to pay on downloads.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather