I'm in the midst of a very pleasurable and smooth flight with MCE interfacing with RC.

I departed with the RC 'NOTAMs' option activated and wanted to tell RC when I was back on course. Couldn't get it to work, though. Checked the manuals and tested with weather deviation (which is documented just like deviation for turbulence is). Found out the 'back on course' after 'dev for wx' works nicely.

Have I missed something with going to normal navigation after a NOTAM departure or is it not (yet) implemented?

Thanks for bothering!!

I'm in the midst of a very pleasurable and smooth flight with MCE interfacing with RC.

I departed with the RC 'NOTAMs' option activated and wanted to tell RC when I was back on course. Couldn't get it to work, though. Checked the manuals and tested with weather deviation (which is documented just like deviation for turbulence is). Found out the 'back on course' after 'dev for wx' works nicely.

Have I missed something with going to normal navigation after a NOTAM departure or is it not (yet) implemented?

Thanks for bothering!!

OK will have a look at.

What sentences are you using, and to trigger which option in RC4 ATC window?

We try to make the speech grammars as flexible as possible to spare users the need to constantly read the doc.

Sometimes, the odd variation is left out.

Thanks, Gerald:

OK will have a look at.

What sentences are you using, and to trigger which option in RC4 ATC window?

The MCE documentation doesn't say anything about this RC option in particular, so I tried a couple of the phrases related to 'returning' from a weather deviation: "(...) is back on course"/"(...) resuming (own) navigation"/"(...) following flightplan (again)"

The RC option shows as #3 after 'NOTAM' is activated in the RC controllers' options (only departure side is relevant) before starting the flight: "3-NOTAM on Course".

(See pp. 105 + 125 in the 'latest' RC manual.)

We try to make the speech grammars as flexible as possible to spare users the need to constantly read the doc.

Sometimes, the odd variation is left out.

The MCE documentation doesn't say anything about this RC option in particular, so I tried a couple of the phrases related to 'returning' from a weather deviation: "(...) is back on course"/"(...) resuming (own) navigation"/"(...) following flightplan (again)"

The RC option shows as #3 after 'NOTAM' is activated in the RC controllers' options (only departure side is relevant) before starting the flight: "3-NOTAM on Course".

Aha, thanks for bringing this one up

I don't think we ever handled that particular option. No wonder it doesn't work. MCE only makes a selection in the menu if one of the expected options is there.

Could you suggest a short flight plan where the option could be seen?

Right now, the workaround would be to create a custom command using Voxkey tool that would eventually send the relevant key combination to the sim (in this case key 3).

Speaking of commands...

You're welcome to suggest a few verbiage variations of yours that would trigger selection of that particular option.

Aha, thanks for bringing this one up

I don't think we ever handled that particular option. No wonder it doesn't work. MCE only makes a selection in the menu if one of the expected options is there.

Could you suggest a short flight plan where the option could be seen?

No particular flightplan is needed, Gerald: With any flightplan loaded into RC, before connecting RC to MSFS, click onto the 'controller options' button and enable 'NOTAM' for the departure airport. A classic departure field would be LOWI/Innsbruck, where RC shouldn't vector you around immediately after takeoff because of the slightly hilly terrain structure "down" there ( :rolleyes:): You would rather fly a SID that gets you up to at least 9.500 ft (north-easterly departures) before you could start following any ATC vectors safely.

EDIT: So, to suggest a short flight - depart LOWI,  RWY 08 for a short hop into LHBP (the LHSimulations rendition is top-class).

Right now, the workaround would be to create a custom command using Voxkey tool that would eventually send the relevant key combination to the sim (in this case key 3).

Thanks. With those 'expert options' I could even get the interface with the PMDG T7 going ... ( :P) ... Seriously, I'll look into that option for customizing my own stuff.

Speaking of commands...

You're welcome to suggest a few verbiage variations of yours that would trigger selection of that particular option.

Pilot's readback in RC is "(...) we're back on course now" - I've gotten used to RC's phrases over all those centuries ...   :lol: 

Since the NOTAM feature is never used combined with weather deviations (it's either/or), a "switch" could be implemented that allows all the current "return from deviation due to wx" commands to be used for either feature - depending on which one is currently active.

Edited by olli4740

Pilot's readback in RC is "(...) we're back on course now" - I've gotten used to RC's phrases over all those centuries ...   :lol: 

Since the NOTAM feature is never used combined with weather deviations (it's either/or), a "switch" could be implemented that allows all the current "return from deviation due to wx" commands to be used for either feature - depending on which one is currently active.

Consider it done within 3 weeks.

Regarding Voxkey...

While it may get your T7 going it's not ideal because it only sends a key combo to the sim without checking the item status.

Therefore when you say "flight director on", you'll have to check visually that it's OFF, otherwise you get the opposite effect. As a stop gap it might do.

Voxscript on the other hand doesn't have this issue. And you could use it to create even some non-English commands (provided you write your sentences using English phonetics). You then tie your custom command to an existing one and things happen.

Make no mistake, we will have a fully supported PMDG T7 when the time is right. Understand when PMDG releases the SDK.

EDIT: forgot to mention...

All custom commands you create must be at least one character different from any existing (built-in) commands.

"flight director on" will be seen as a built-in command and won't get the Voxkey command executed.

Use something like "William flight director on", "I said flight director on" :lol:

Thanks. With those 'expert options' I could even get the interface with the PMDG T7 going ... ( ) ... Seriously, I'll look into that option for customizing my own stuff.

EDIT: forgot to mention...

All custom commands you create must be at least one character different from any existing (built-in) commands.

"flight director on" will be seen as a built-in command and won't get the Voxkey command executed.

Use something like "William flight director on", "I said flight director on"  or better yet, try this

"flug director einshalten" :lol:  (not kidding). If the English speech engine doesn't take it well, try

typing it using English phonetics. It doesn't matter if what you type isn't related to any existing English word.

No sweat regarding the NOTAM stuff, Gerald ... I'll get into Voxkey anyway and I might even - secretly - employ "button-control" for this single command for the time being.   :ph34r:

I was actually pondering defining T7 hotkeys to interface with my hardware MCP - the "shear" number of hotkey commands stopped me - after all, the bazillion of new hotkeys should not interfere with my other plethora of hotkeys already defined ... MCE development standing by for the PMDG SDK release is understood and complied with!

(...)

"flug director einshalten" :lol:  (not kidding). If the English speech engine doesn't take it well, try

typing it using English phonetics. It doesn't matter if what you type isn't related to any existing English word.

... which reminds me of your Google-translated German installation guide ...   :P

My "Denglish" will never be more "immöörsive" than Dieter's "double Dutch" (?!?) - for the time being I'm glad that Microsoft's speech recognition engine translates my "flääpps tooh" into proper English ("flaps two") for MCE ...   :LMAO:

MCE development standing by for the PMDG SDK release is understood and complied with!

In fact we could have it interfaced already were it not for the fact our main competitor goes crying to PMDG.

In the past, we successfully interfaced the NGX without SDK as we did the MD-11, 747, J41 CoollSky DC9, Majestic Q400, Simcheck A330B4, Feelthere ERJ,  and many others.

Initially PMDG didn't mind. But when our competitor banner waving followers started posting things like "I won't buy PMDG products until they give SDK to our guru so he can make voice control for it" it ended up upsetting PMDG so much that they decided to release an SDK.

In doing so, and probably in an attempt to sooth the crowd, they went one step farther. They changed the EULA, something unheard of in the simulation world, to prohibit interfacing the NGX using the keyboard, wrongly assuming we were using that method. They made it illegal even to edit ini files. The strange thing is while they sought to "protect" their intellectual property, they never went as far as to prohibit hacking the "panel.cfg" file for example. And you can guess why.

Bear in mind the NGX can be interfaced using the SDK even from an application that has no dll running in the sim, so in theory they could prohibit touching any of their files.

The T7 SDK will just make it very easy. Two weeks work instead of 3 to 4 months head scratching.

We can spend the saved time on interfacing other aircraft.

I dubbed Voxkey 3/NOTAM on Course "back for good" - after all MCE is a U.K. based development, isn't it?   :lol:

After some more testing and studying manuals it looks like the RC option 2 after receiving IFR clearance isn't implemented, either?!?

- 1 would be Contact Ground (for immediate taxi clearance)

- 2 would be a separate request for push&start, prior to the taxi clearance (judging from the manuals, the IFR clearance seems to "include" the P&S clearance already?)

If that's true I'll dub Voxkey 2/Request Push&Start "push it real good" - after all I fly into and out of New York a lot, too!!!   :biggrin:

On a sidenote: Did my test flight today in the Aerosoft Airbus, which loads into the sim with some "undefined" panel states which made 'Dieter' go mad about an open cross feed/bleed valve which I didn't bother to correct. He ended up stating something like "I feel a little let down with your one man show antiques" - I nearly fell off my chair when I heard that!!!

Request Push&Start

That one is normally covered.

He ended up stating something like "I feel a little let down with your one man show antiques" - I nearly fell off my chair when I heard that!!!

Spare a thought for this poor chap who thought it was a good idea to hire an official FO on Cessna light aircraft.

Absolutely hilarious, must watch video.

Travis takes his job seriously, and when captain manually activates the flaps (Travis is actually aware of these events like opening cross feed valve, moving flaps etc...), he gets upset, reminding him it is "his job" to handle the flaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR0B5HVUg_w&feature=player_embedded

Still no separate push&start request for me but the corner-cutting in the vid, Gerald ... don't try that at your home airport, kids!!!

Voice commands listed in manual regarding pushback and start are expected to trigger selection of item "X-Req Push". It doesn't matter what X is, MCE will work it out, but the "Req Push" must be there. It's not like you say something and a pre-programmed key number is sent.

Unless there is something else that appears occasionally like "X- Req start" or something. Can you confirm that Olli?

RC has a single option "Req Push and Start". It can appear as #2 or as #5. (p. 124 of the RC4 document)

This is from your Complete ATC manual. It lists the RequestIFRClearance commands in the same paragraph with the ReqPushAndStart commands. It appears as if these commands can be interchanged freely.

Additionally, I tested requesting Push&Start when only the IFR clearance option was visible in the RC window (not yet the P&S option). Result: I got my IFR clearance on my Push&Start request.

Add to this my findings that I haven't been able to request push&start with a variety of different phrases tested ...

<TASK: REQUEST IFR CLEARANCE>

When to use: X - Request IFR Clearance

Or X - Request IFR Clearance to Selected Destination

<Say_Control_Region> refer to rule [How to: Say_Control_Region]

(Say_Hello)(Optional)

<Say_CallSign> refer to rule [How to: Say_CallSign]

<Optional>

<Begin choice: one of items below>

< With >

< With information >

<End choice>

<Say_NATO_Alphabet>

</Optional>

<Say_Request_KeyWord>

<Begin choice: at least one of the words or sentences below>

< ATC >

< ATC clearance >

< IFR clearance >

< Clearance >

< Start-up >

< Start and push >

< Push and start >

< Pushback and start >

< Copy ATC >

<End choice>

(Destination airport name can go here)

<END TASK: REQUEST IFR CLEARANCE>

Examples:

Zurich Clearance Swissair 847, request ATC clearance Geneva

Zurich Clearance Swissair 847, with Delta, request ATC clearance Geneva

Zurich Clearance Swissair 847, with information foxtrot, request start

and push Frankfurt

Zurich Clearance, good morning, Swissair 847, is ready for start-up

Geneva

Zurich Clearance Swissair 847, standing by for IFR clearance Paris

Zurich Clearance good evening, Swissair 847, for Clearance to Denver

Zurich Clearance Swissair 847, ready to copy ATC Los Angeles

Zurich Clearance, good afternoon, Swissair 847, with information Tango,

ready for IFR clearance, destination Paris Orly.