Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Mindstar GNS 430/530 release ?

Any word on the release of the Mindstar GNS 430/530's. I thought it was this past Friday. I see no reference or mention of it on their web site.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Bill, we may well never see them for FSX or Prepar3D. The last word I had (email) from one of the programmers was that they were rethinking their plan to release for casual simmer use... :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That really is disappointing to hear Bill, as I was really looking forward to having an alternative to the RXP units.

If you read this Mindstar, please know that the minority of people who helped derail twharrel's thread about the 530/430 really are that, a minority.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Bill, we may well never see them for FSX or Prepar3D. The last word I had (email) from one of the programmers was that they were rethinking their plan to release for casual simmer use... :unsure:

Disappointing I was looking forward to the Garmin's for FSX and P3d. I wish they would re think. They'll be surprised the amount of support they'll get. And from those of us waiting to purchase. We're not a minority.

Since Reality XP support is no longer around, I was really looking forward to Mindstar stepping up and taking over. Come guys your the future now....Don't be timid. Step up and lets do this...

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

The developer himself was doing the announcement in and making himself angry at the same time playing to a suspicious few.  I hope he puts the product out there and lets people buy it.  Don't let a few spoil what could be a great product and a real benefit to the simulation community.  It'd be great to have a replacement for RXP.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Bill, we may well never see them for FSX or Prepar3D. The last word I had (email) from one of the programmers was that they were rethinking their plan to release for casual simmer use... :unsure:

And that's extremely unfortunate, having a couple of ill-advised individuals rain on the parade for everyone else.  I understand the reaction and frustration, but... really, most of us aren't spoiled, overly-entitled people.  There's potential here, and I'd love to see it have a chance and see the light of day, especially for the P3D market.

Scott

And that's extremely unfortunate, having a couple of ill-advised individuals rain on the parade for everyone else.

That's the thing with the Internet...a person with an issue can drag something on and on while the rest of the folks have to take a back seat.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

That's the thing with the Internet...a person with an issue can drag something on and on while the rest of the folks have to take a back seat.

Highlight by me.

No we don't; we could have reported them early on, or make a stand.

We are a community, but many times we don't act like one, and we let trolls and other people overrun the forums.

I'm dissapointed in Mindstar's reaction to that thread.  Regardless of who is to blame for that thread going south, can you imagine if PMDG, or A2A decided they were going to just take their ball and go home every time somebody torqued 'em off on the internet?  The truth is, the beta tester guy shouldn't have even have started the topic in the first place, announcing an imminent release.  There is definitely a wider market for a Reality XP alternative in P3D, and if Mindstar doesn't want to make money off of it, I'm sure somebody else will step in to fill that void.  I hope that Mindstar takes a step back, puts things into perspective, and proceeds with their original plan to release the product, and I hope that more third party aircraft makers decide to embrace it, but if not, the world will carry on. 

At this point, here is where we stand:

We almost cancelled the release, but at this point we are still moving forward.  We have a few things to 'wrap up' before we provide access for purchase.  Unfortunately those things take a back seat to our 9-5 job (and a few other things like honey-do's etc).  So, we're working on getting a good guide on how to install the gauges into addons put together but it's going to take a little more time because of our over-inflated schedules.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm dissapointed in Mindstar's reaction to that thread.  Regardless of who is to blame for that thread going south, can you imagine if PMDG, or A2A decided they were going to just take their ball and go home every time somebody torqued 'em off on the internet?  The truth is, the beta tester guy shouldn't have even have started the topic in the first place, announcing an imminent release.  There is definitely a wider market for a Reality XP alternative in P3D, and if Mindstar doesn't want to make money off of it, I'm sure somebody else will step in to fill that void.  I hope that Mindstar takes a step back, puts things into perspective, and proceeds with their original plan to release the product, and I hope that more third party aircraft makers decide to embrace it, but if not, the world will carry on. 

+1 and  then some.

At this point, here is where we stand:

We almost cancelled the release, but at this point we are still moving forward.  We have a few things to 'wrap up' before we provide access for purchase.  Unfortunately those things take a back seat to our 9-5 job (and a few other things like honey-do's etc).  So, we're working on getting a good guide on how to install the gauges into addons put together but it's going to take a little more time because of our over-inflated schedules.

That is great to hear!  I think the product is very well timed.  

Gregg Seipp

Thanks for the update Ed, and good to hear that it's back on track!

Now just ignore the rest of this thread, because within 24 hours there will probably be another one of "those guys" here to drag this thread back down through the mud...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

thanks for the update

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit