Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Random FPS drop

Hi guys. I have been noticing that sometimes while at cruise I would get a random fps drop by over 10fps and it keeps fluctuating highly resulting in it not being smooth. After quite a while the fps would return to stable lock again at 30fps. (fsx set to unlimited and nvidia inspector fps set to 30). This happens especially in VC. i tried changing views  to external and wing views and all is fine. Sometimes it wouldn't be fine too but mainly in happens in VC. Anyone else getting this? I noticed also every time when landing the 777 the fps drops a lot. I don't know why to be honest. I hope patch will some how help with performance. I believe i have quite a decent pc but this fsx thing is getting too much.

My PC specs: (if anyone using similar pc to mine can you please show me your fsx settings so i can try set the same and compare...thanks)

Core i7 3770k overclocked 4.5GHZ

8GB Ram

GTX 680

Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard

I did everything already according to pmdg manual and even followed fsx tweak by frooglesim and http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Cheers
Swadeep

I dont have a GTX but sometimes with my ATI 7950 at crz after a few hours I lose LOTS of frames....I turn on my fans and i bring my GPU down to 55-65 degrees and I go back and my FSX is how it started....

Also, I found re-cycleing my priority in my task manager helps with this as well....so set the priority to normal and then realtime and then back to high or normal..I know it may sound wierd but this usually helps on my system....ATI 7950, i7 3930k @ 4.4

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I have gtx 770 and a i5 2500k at 4.3ghz. 

I have seen people getting 45fps at payware airports. But with or without cursor i dun know. (without cursor this gives me about 10fps which is 40fps at OMDB flytampa)

I hope that prepar3d v2 will make use of the latest video card to its maximum

if you are using 3rd party water and high levels of AF then its normal to get random fps drops, but its not all bad as there some fixes.

32bit water and high levels of AF do not mix, one option would be to use dxt1 water effects or if you want to keep the 32bit water then use fsx to control AF.

Also be careful what levels of super sampling you use as that can cause fps drops and big ones to.

-Paul-

I dont have a GTX but sometimes with my ATI 7950 at crz after a few hours I lose LOTS of frames....I turn on my fans and i bring my GPU down to 55-65 degrees and I go back and my FSX is how it started....

A simple case of overheating. Be sure it is adequately cooled at all times, otherwise you are just inviting hardware failure.

Best regards,

Robin.