Sign in to follow this  
DANEQ99

WIN 8 Joystick disconnect NEW possible FIX

Hello, I think I have found a solution to the dreaded joystick disconnect in Windows 8 while playing FSX. I recently upgraded to WIN 8.1 with no problems but a 3D thing with nvidia which was easily fixed. But I think I have fixed the joystick problem. So to fill yuo in I have my Logetech Attack 3 joystick disconnect when not clicked on the sim or when switching tasks. Now, I've updated to 8.1 and changed the compatibilty of the FSX.EXE to windows 8 and remmeber to run the exe as an admin. I have gone through multiple tests and my joystick has not disconnect from switching tasks for now. Hopefully this fix works and upgrading to 8.1 will do no harm to your computer of FSX. 

Dane Quartel 

Interesting. Working for me too on my CH Eclipse!  However, I'm not sure the windows 8 compatibility setting is necessary. It works without it for me. 

So im not sure what to do here explain the fix in idiot turms i have CH eclipse CH pro pedals and Throtte Quad Win 8.1