Sign in to follow this  
vonstroheim

FS9 portovers in FSX/DX10 with Steve Fixer

Yes thanks to Sean from SOH I know how to start the wonderful Kirill Konovalov FSX native PT Tu-154B-2...

But I still believe the old Vitamin FS9 Tu-154M has better textures and details...

FSX Kirill's Tu-154B-2 landing gear

pewv.jpg

FS9 Vitamin Tu-154M

mvbw.jpg

But this Tu-154M was never completely finished, some textures are missing in the VC, and systems are wrong... too bad... With a lot of efforts I could fix some area in the rear, but what's the point... Kirill version (at least the VC) is wonderful indeed.

Here the FS9 Vitamin Tu-154M VC (rear) with my fixed texture "4vc.bmp" (will try to upload it somewhere... stay tuned!)

vuy6.jpg

To fix the rear cockpit texture, use this link, rename the JPG "4vc", and export as extended 32bits BMP file. Put in texture folder.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3595/1khr.jpg

More FS9 portovers to try in FSX DX10 with Steve's Fixer!
Here's an old classic, but still nice, even in DX10: Yannick Lavigne's Dassault Falcon 50:

(aquitaine.simulation.free.fr)

6avs.jpg

3uxh.jpg

Now it's your turn to post your favorite portovers, with credits, images and link please...

Maybe a suggestion: I reduced the size and weight of bkg.bmp from 1024x1024 pixels / 3,073 KB to 16x16 pixels / 1 KB. It loads way faster, and works just as fine... well so far...

mmmm  I wouldn't trust it - there are particular shades of grey used at specific offsets that are tested for at the highest mipmap level.

Nice pictures by the way.

Yes you're right, I reverted to your bkg.bmp, and looks like my sim is more stable...

Another FS9 classic you can enjoy in DX10 thanks to Steve's fixer, the F-86 Sabre by SectionF8 (www.sectionf8.com)

8m8q.jpg

ly6b.jpg

Another one looking good in DX10 too: The FS2004/FSX Mitsubishi F-2A Type Package by Team FS KBT/ Hiroaki Kubota (Simviation)

cibh.jpg

rif6.jpg

I know these fighters dont belong here, but this scenery is so nice: RAF Coningsby by John Young (UKMIL).

Hello,

How you doing, I just installed the Falcon 50, bmp8texture the box is checked, but I still have a ghost of Falcon50

i,send a MP

How you doing, I just installed the Falcon 50, bmp8texture the box is checked, but I still have a ghost of Falcon50

You need to use the DX10 Toolbox program included in Steve package. It's a bit hidden, it's not in the main Fixer interface. In my PC it's here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DX10SceneryFixer\DX10Toolbox.exe

Make a desktop shortcut since you're going to get addicted to this toolbox!

To convert a FS9 aircraft to FSX, that's another story. But to convert an already FSX-DX9 compatible aircraft to FSX-DX10, here's a few tricks:

Step 1

- Install the aircraft in SimObjects like you usually do

- Open Toolbox / Menu "Aircraft" / option "Tag model as aircraft"

- Select the aircraft you want to convert (select the aircraft folder name, not the cfg or mdl file)

- Click OK. If there is some error detected, no big deal, say OK to each error, that's it

Step 2

You usually need to convert old 8 bits textures to DX10 compatible textures:

Open the toolbox

- Menu "Textures" / option "Convert 8 bits textures"

- Select each texture folder (one for each repaint) and the toolbox will convert only the 8 bits bmp files

- Launch FSX and go for a spin with you old/new toy!

In the main DX10 Fixer interface, you don't need to tick the box "8bit texture fix" since you just fixed them at step 2. This option is only for debugging, don't leave it on.

Here you go! Works fine for quite a lot of FS9 aircrafts. Of course you'll have issues with gauges, propellers and glass, the usual stuff... But some FS9 aircrafts are already FSX DX9 compatible, like the B25J, the Yak-40, the Bell 412 (below) or the Falcon 50, so Steve toolbox works very well.

wa75.jpg

2oxh.jpg

Hovercontrol Bell 412 FSX portover, now in DX10 too!

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=AAA_Hovercontrol_Helicopters

Gents - resurrecting this thread in a hope that you might be able to help me out with a cockpit glass problem I'm having with two aircraft I dug out of the Virtavia Alphasim bone yard. The both have the same issue: The cockpit glass appears perfect when there is terrain or blue sky behind it, but vanishes when there are clouds or autogen trees or buildings behind it. The texture files are DTX 5 with what I think is a correct Alpha channel. I've tried a few formats and tried varying the RBG content and Alpha channel grey shade to see if it's working and it all appears fine, except for this vanishing issue.

I'm using the fixer with one of the aircraft tagged and Legacy shader. (One needs it, the other doesn't.) Both were flagged as having 'Legacy' MDL files by the Fixer toolbox. This is not specifically a DX10 problem as it appears in DX9 mode as well.

Any ideas?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I believe that this effect is a problem with the model, rather than the texture.

I have seen it often with propellers, which disappear when viewed against a

3D background and also propellers which cut a hole in the 3D object behind

them.

I don't think that there is a solution but if there is, I have a couple of aircraft I

could apply it to.

Regards,

Nick

:( Oh well....

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Anyone found a fix for the Skyspirit 777-xxx virtual cockpit textures which appear transparent while the rest of the scene is being loaded, but then converts to a light blue non-transparent window once everything is loaded. Have look at alpha channel and rebuilt it, but to no effect. Have also tagged the aircraft for conversion in DX10 Toolbox - think the offending texture is $vc_03.bmp. Slider position also had no impact.

BTW - thanks for fixing the transparency in the taxi marks - works faultlessly now.

Regards

Rob

I have fixed the windows and the solid sun shield for you.

I do however get quite confused with Posky/Skyspirit aircraft models, there seem to be numerous versions of each aircraft and then mutilated versions by aftermarket publishers.

I used this model: klm_posky_b777-206_er_.zip at Flightsim.com.

As far as I can understand, they all use the same VC textures.

You may know better.

I don't use the model but do quite enjoy making incompatible textures work.

Before

777VCorig_zps0bb77b48.jpg

After

777VC_zpsc3806a4b.jpg

The incompatible file is in the texture.VC folder, named os777_VC_10_t.bmp.

You can download the replacement file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/phax8w4okmtgm42/os777_VC_10_t.zip

It is a .dds file, so rename your os777_VC_10_t.bmp file to os777_VC_10_t.bmx and put the new file into your texture.VC folder.

Regards,

Nick.

Another FS9 classic saved by Steve's DX10 fixer and some easy alpha layer tweaking, the Junkers Ju-50 by Oliver Fischer (junkers_52_v2.zip @ avsim)...

4ux1.jpg

vpym.jpg

jgxh.jpg

7jhs.jpg

Seems to work well in P3D2 too... with nice VC shadows (this image courtesy of Daube, joyeux Noel!) :

7up2.jpg

Hi all would appreciate a quick bit of advice please re the Falcon 50. Mine wasn't showing properly so I followed Steve's advice and used the toolbox to fix. Now I have a working VC and exterior texture but the transparent windows and cockpit have some sort of black pixellated effect when viewing from spot view (see pic below).

Any idea how to remove/fix it?

Thanks

Adam

post-161091-0-60050100-1388277292.jpg

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg