Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I really, really, need some help...

I'm one of those who has been banned from the Orbx forums.

I have purchased over $1400.00US of Orbx products but I cannot get support.

I have e-mailed Orbx about it and I keep getting a form reply that tells me if I am banned to go to http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/144-support-for-limited-users/

All I get is a list of websites, none of which work for me.  I've tried it several times both typing in the address and copying it and pasting it.

What I get is the following:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

You are not allowed to visit this community.

Need Help?

. Our help documentation.

.Contact the community administrator.

When I click on help documentation I just get the You are not allowed....message.

When I click on Contact the community administrator with my problem I just get the form message back with the address listed above.

When I click on help I just get the You are not allowed,,,,message again.

Hopefully someone from Orbx will read this and contact me as to how I can support for my over 1400.00 dollars worth of product.

Right now I am having a problem with FTX Central.

I get two FTX Global icons and do not get a hybrid box to check.

The first time it happened and I was unable to get Orbx support I just uninstalled FTX Global and reinstalled.  That appeared to fix the problem, but now it's back again.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

So am I to understand that if you are critical of their product and get banned from the forum you also forfeit support for the products you purchased?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Try installing the latest Library. 130927 I believe. In fact, I know. ^_^

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

You were banned because we could not find proof of your purchases on our database and your quoted someone else's product keys. That violates both our forum and product EULAs therefore yes indeed your rights are forfeited. Read the license agreement and forum terms of use again.

We have a zero tolerance policy on piracy and our full support services are reserved for customers who purchase legitimate licenses.

If you want to redeem yourself, purchase a legitimate product and email your order number to info@orbxsystems.com and we may review your support access.

• Upvote 3

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

1 - I have library 130927 installed.

2 - I am not a pirate!

Here is my e-mail address even though I'm not supposed to put it here....birdguy@cableone.net

Here are my order numbers:

FSS0241278

FSS0237986

FSS0236872

FSS0235938

FSS0233026

FSS0232511

FSS0227023

FSS0218305

FSS0222732

FSS0207095

FSS0208325

FSS0215444

FSS0216076

FSS0215789

FSS0214618

FSS0221754

FSS0222202

FSS0214532

F220214101

FSS0213300

FSS0212836

FSS0211187

FSS0210963

FSS0207584

FSS0210264

FSS0206030

FSS0204996

FSS0204843

FSS0206089

FSS0206145

FSS0205880

FSS0204721

I have all 11 regions, FTX Global, and 57 airports including the freeware ones. I paid for everyone of them using my senior discount at The Flightsim Store.

You might think I was a pirate because since I was never able to get onto your limited user support forum I tried using my wife's computer to get service and then she was banned too.

I must say that you seem awfully paranoid about piracy and criticism. I was banned because I was overly harsh about ONE of the 69 Orbx products I purchased. Overly harsh I admit, but I still deserve support.

I have spent over $1400.00 on Orbx products(check with the FlighSim Store) and for that I think I deserve support. Ban me from the community if you want but give me support. I paid for it. And I don't think I have to purchase yet another Orbx product to qualify for support.

Noel Sivertson

Thanks for the info, we'll check our records and I'll be in touch. Not sure why you got yourself a ban, usually that happens for anti-social behavior or aggressive posts, so let me check that also.

If you are a genuine buyer then we'll offer support, no problems.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Based on John's latest post, I retract my post.  I hope it works out for you, Noel.

Best,

Kev

John, my criticism of FTX Global was pretty aggressive because of the awful green textures of the southwest desert when it was first released.  I was over the top in my criticism and don't really blame you for banning me from the community. I admit that. 

But I do want to be able to access the support forum.

Noel

You were banned because we could not find proof of your purchases on our database and your quoted someone else's product keys. (...)

(...) Not sure why you got yourself a ban, usually that happens for anti-social behavior or aggressive posts, so let me check that also.

(...)

John,

you're contradicting yourself, here. Worth another clarification, I reckon.

Right, I checked your history and yes, totally OTT reaction to FTXG's USA SW which was subsequently addressed anyway. Looking at your post(s) you really went to town on us, quite appallingly actually.

You now have access to the limited user support forum restored (not the full forums). I'll move the technical issue you raised to that area.

Olli and Alain are a perfect example of why I don't generally bother visit and post on this forum; I was linked to the OP by one of my staff. Dont expect Orbx support issues answered here at AVSIM, it's not the place to request it.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

(...)

Olli and Alain are a perfect example of why I don't generally bother visit and post on this forum; (...)

Asking for clarification after you publicly - and falsely! - accused another forum member of alleged pirating?!?

John Venema, that puts a sudden end to my customer relationship with ORBX Systems ...

Accentuation is mine:

You were banned because we could not find proof of your purchases on our database and your quoted someone else's product keys. That violates both our forum and product EULAs therefore yes indeed your rights are forfeited. Read the license agreement and forum terms of use again.

We have a zero tolerance policy on piracy and our full support services are reserved for customers who purchase legitimate licenses.

If you want to redeem yourself, purchase a legitimate product and email your order number to info@orbxsystems.com and we may review your support access.

I thought Noël made it pretty clear he was using his wife's details, this could easily lead to confusion. Do you have some form of Agenda Oliver? It seems pretty clear the issue is resolved

• Upvote 2

Rob Prest

I thought Noël made it pretty clear he was using his wife's details, this could easily lead to confusion. Do you have some form of Agenda Oliver? It seems pretty clear the issue is resolved

Rob,

I use more than one e-mail-address with this multitude of vulnerable-to-hacking shop accounts, mail accounts and so on.

And I would feel very sad to be called a pirate for that reason.

BTW, Rob, since you're asking, here's my agenda ( :P):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414791-uninstalling-orbx-ftx-global-how/?p=2732964