Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

latest 331.65 driver and vsync

Hi guys. I just recently updated my nvidia driver to 331.65. I notice that I can still see tear now when panning around cockpit. My nvidia inspector still the same setting which is 1/2 refresh rate. Any ideas? I did however changed 8XSq to 8XS and 2SSGD to 4X Super sampling. I am trying everything again to get the best performance out of FSX. Here's my spec for what it's worth. Please feel free to suggest FSX setting and tweaks. I do have the basic HIGHMEMFIX USEPOOL (=0) AFFINITY 14 (HT OFF) TBM=40. Thanks

Intel Core i7 3770K (4.5GHZ)

GTX 680 Superclocked edition

8GB Ram

Asus p8z77-v pro motherboard

Win 7 X64

FSX (Sp2 acceleration)

PMDG 737 777

AXE A320/321

AS2012

REX

FTX GLOBAL

Cheers

Swadeep

Your computer is pretty solid; very much like mine.

My experience with this is to: Do not OC your Video Card too high. A too high oc on the card WILL cause this. I stay around 800 Mhz- not higher!

Nvidia Drivers: I just go with the most recent one on their website.

The next thing that fix it for me (considering I have a pretty high end system like yours), was to simply go back to "Jezus-Bigote Altuve's" tweaking tool, and lo and behold, I used the suggested tweaked FSX CFG and my sim is as smooth as silk. This of course with using FSX setting set no higher than 80 %. (AI at around 50%)  And, yes I first set my CFG with all good known suggested tweaks. I am flying with high-end aircraft within HD clouds, AI, and gorgeous textures. Now, keep in mind that there isn't any computer out there that will handle 100% maxed settings along with a high-end aircraft, and expect to have no hiccups. Nope, will not happen.

How is that supposed to answer his question Mark?

I personally haven't tried the new driver yet, if I can't get VSync to work, it will by the end of FSX for me. Because it's unplayable without VSync. Even 50 FPS is quite choppy. Not when panning around, but when making turns, when looking out of the window at the scenery, when taxiing etc.

I personally haven't tried the new driver yet, if I can't get VSync to work, it will by the end of FSX for me. Because it's unplayable without VSync. Even 50 FPS is quite choppy. Not when panning around, but when making turns, when looking out of the window at the scenery, when taxiing etc.

Well, I am not an expert on the subject; but since I have experience this issue, I thought I would share a bit of what helped me. Would that be okkkk ?

If I'm not mistaken, in the Main section of your FSX cfg file add:

DisablePreload=1

This should get rid of your tearing issue. I am at my office and can not refer to my rig, but I am almost certain I added that on mine and tearing has vanished.

Hope this helps. :-)

Best, Jeff

I just installed 331.65, went through my usual tests (FPS, smoothness etc.) and I can report no problems. FPS is at 43 as usual in my test, then enabled VSync 1/2 and it was smooth as silk.

Then I noticed my NI version is outdated (1.9.6.5) so I figured it must be that. So I downloaded and installed 1.9.7.2 and noticed there were indeed a few new options, but my settings will still there. I left all the other options untouched, went through the same tests and got the same results. All you gotta do is import your previous settings and don't touch the rest.

If you install NI don't just export the .exe but also the other two files. Just in case check in your NI root folder whether these three files are there (apart from your profiles).

I have the new drivers and have no issues. If I were you I would completely uninstall the Nvidia drivers and start again, being sure the check box "Perform Clean Installation" is checked. It should reset any Nvidia profile settings that may be mucked up.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

"Jezus-Bigote Altuve's"

It's ******* "Bojote" Altuve, lol.

Edit: For some reason his name blocks, but its J e s u s.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Your computer is pretty solid; very much like mine.

My experience with this is to: Do not OC your Video Card too high. A too high oc on the card WILL cause this. I stay around 800 Mhz- not higher!

Nvidia Drivers: I just go with the most recent one on their website.

The next thing that fix it for me (considering I have a pretty high end system like yours), was to simply go back to "Jezus-Bigote Altuve's" tweaking tool, and lo and behold, I used the suggested tweaked FSX CFG and my sim is as smooth as silk. This of course with using FSX setting set no higher than 80 %. (AI at around 50%)  And, yes I first set my CFG with all good known suggested tweaks. I am flying with high-end aircraft within HD clouds, AI, and gorgeous textures. Now, keep in mind that there isn't any computer out there that will handle 100% maxed settings along with a high-end aircraft, and expect to have no hiccups. Nope, will not happen.

i did not overclock my gfx card at all. maybe the card i got was already overclocked so that's why it said superclocked edition?

would you mind to share to share pics of your nvidia inspector settings please?

If I'm not mistaken, in the Main section of your FSX cfg file add:

DisablePreload=1

This should get rid of your tearing issue. I am at my office and can not refer to my rig, but I am almost certain I added that on mine and tearing has vanished.

Hope this helps. :-)

Best, Jeff

will try with your suggestion and report back

I have the new drivers and have no issues. If I were you I would completely uninstall the Nvidia drivers and start again, being sure the check box "Perform Clean Installation" is checked. It should reset any Nvidia profile settings that may be mucked up.

i did uninstall drivers already and installed inspector and drivers again also but same problem. it's like the tear is mainly visible if i pan the views fast enough. there must be something wrong.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks all

Swadeep

I think he's having the same problem as me also. POST #10

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423318-nvidia-inspector-settings/?p=2836276

Cheers

Swadeep

I'm not sure if it'll help but, If you don't currently have it, add PanRate=200 under Display in your FSX.cfg. I just recently added it after seeing someone mention it here and I don't have the stutter I once had when panning. I don't know if it'll help with your tearing but it might be worth a try.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Tearing is inevitable with sync at half refresh, set vSync on and see how that goes. A couple of other things might help: setting affinity generally restricts where Windows can put the threads, with HT off other threads can't use the more efficient HT mode on a core whereas FSX threads will still get the same throughput, and other threads run more efficiently. HIMEMFIX and bufferpools setups can reduce the frame rate on a 680. Go back to default cfg settings then tweak from there. Set the GPU control panel to defaults then set FXAA on, AA Mode enhance, AA setting 16xQ CSAA, AA transparency 8x, max pre rendered frames 4, Tex filter High Q, vSync on.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Tearing is inevitable with sync at half refresh, set vSync on and see how that goes. A couple of other things might help: setting affinity generally restricts where Windows can put the threads, with HT off other threads can't use the more efficient HT mode on a core whereas FSX threads will still get the same throughput, and other threads run more efficiently. HIMEMFIX and bufferpools setups can reduce the frame rate on a 680. Go back to default cfg settings then tweak from there. Set the GPU control panel to defaults then set FXAA on, AA Mode enhance, AA setting 16xQ CSAA, AA transparency 8x, max pre rendered frames 4, Tex filter High Q, vSync on.

Will try as you suggested. So are you saying removing highmemfix and bufferpool should help me gain more frames? Everywhere it says these tweaks must be used.

I never had tearing problem with half refresh rate until this driver.

Thanks

Swadeep

1/2 refresh lets in the odd rip, in cockpit you may not have seen any problem, maybe panning the outside view you could see tearing. A slow down somewhere recently may bring it on a little more than it was, so now alerting you to it. Set fixed fps below that which can be maintained and wait 30 seconds for the card to retrain and work on the look ahead buffer, takes a little while. Tweaks may have worked with DX9 and older cards in some way, I've only seen drops in performance on my 680.

...it's possible the new driver update altered the vsync settings internally somehow and isn't working at all. Perhaps making adjustments as I suggested, defaulting the card and remaking settings, will cure the problem, and you can continue with 1/2 refresh setups.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com