Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Extraordinary good news from JV

The best news from a major dev this year!!

Quote from :http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67122-dx10-dx11-compatibility-and-orbx/

There seems to be quite some "angst" in the FS community about the silence from Orbx about DX10 compatibility and our 1,000's of library objects. In response to the continued barrage of blog and forum posts around the internet (some of them less than pleasant I might add), and even some mis-guided attempts to modify Orbx IP and files to "fix" shadow issues, I thought it prudent to give a company statement.

We are committed to DX10 compliance for all our products

We are also looking at the bigger picture which is DX11 compliance for Prepar3D V2.0

There are a number of known issues with shadow planes attached to our StaticFlow aircraft libraries; we have been aware of these for some time but the fact is Jarrad Marshall has been on a round-world holiday and has the source files on his laptop and is working to resolve this tricky issue. It's not a simple problem to fix for a myriad of reasons, but Jarrad has been working with Steve Parsons on some techniques and hopes to update this library very soon.

We are also aware of DX10 shadow issues for many objects in the Orbxlibs; again, we are acutely aware of these and are internally organising a disciplined, structured way to test and report on these DX10/DX11 issues and resolve them.

Please understand that we are not ignoring the DX10 crowd, nor trying to dampen their obvious enthusiasm. We fully intend to be able to put shiny "DX10" badges on all new product releases moving forward and to update the Orbxlibs as soon as possible.

In return, I would ask the FS Community to be a little more patient and respectful and not resort to bombing almost every Orbx news post on FS sites with "but is it DX10 compatible" sort of posts; it's getting quite tiresome and irritating for the entire team.

Yours in updates.

Like This

Regards,

JV

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hope they sort it with their new Iceland demo. I downloaded it last night and loaded up Reykjavik. Flashing hangers and poor framerates in DX10 and DX9 so uninstalled again.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Umm...No flashing anything, and my framerates are still hanging in there at 30. 

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

Umm...No flashing anything, and my framerates are still hanging in there at 30. 

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Are you using the DX10 fixer?

FPS was around 30 but I was seeing stuttering for the first time since I moved to DX10.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

No flashing anything, and my framerates are still hanging in there at 30. 

Same here. Works like a charm. No stutters. Smooth 30FPS with DX10 (with DX10 Fixer)

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Are you using the DX10 fixer?

FPS was around 30 but I was seeing stuttering for the first time since I moved to DX10.

TrafficPilot,

Yes, I am using DX10 Fixer.

Rod

Rod Beck

Can recommend DX10 Fixer.

Anyone knows if the DX10 FIxer automaticly checks for updates when launched?

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Hope they sort it with their new Iceland demo. I downloaded it last night and loaded up Reykjavik. Flashing hangers and poor framerates in DX10 and DX9 so uninstalled again.

I'm getting 40+ at Reykjavik and 80+ everywhere else in DX10 with the fixer and frames set to unlimited.

If I set frames to 40 (my preferred setting), they stay between 35-40 everywhere.

Almost all FSX settings are maxed with the exception of traffic and cloud settings.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

No FPS problem with Iceland Demo, only black squares all around in DX10. With P3D 1.4 it's fine so I guess it would be ok too with FSX/DX9. I hope that LM together with ORBX can fix this because I'm afraid that P3D v2 may also have black squares all around in ORBX sceneries like the Iceland Demo.

Spirit

This is great news indeed!

Overall and besides the already known and reported "Black Squares-Issue" at various ORBX library objects, DX10 and ORBX go hand in hand together quite well - especially since Steve's great DX10 Fix is available!

And this post by JV as stated here makes me very confident, that in a future not too far away all ORBX specific library objects/entries and sceneries in general will be fully DX10 ready (and sure DX11 ready as well)!

I really think this is a clear, informative and very helpful message by JV for all of us DX10 users out there!

By the way:

ORBX's upcomming Bathurst Airport (YBTH) will - as stated by its developer - already be fully DX10 compatible.

See #18 here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67122-dx10-dx11-compatibility-and-orbx/

So again saying:

Rather sooner than later, i really think, all ORBX sceneries will be DX10 compatible!

Cheers, Christoph