Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Three days and no download code (extended download service)

Hi,

As the title states, I purchased the extended download service for the 747x three days ago and still nothing. I have followed instructions and created a support ticket with my order ID.

"EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE ORDERS: Your purchase has been recorded in your account. In order to receive access to your download, you must open a Re-Download ticket in PMDG's Support Portal:http://support.precisionmanuals.com"

So what is the problem? I read that it normally takes up to 24 hours but its been way over 48 hours.

I had had the same experience (4 day delay) earlier in the year.

When I eventually got my Extended Download activated, I got a sincere apology, and an explanation that it was because the one person in PMDG who processes these (Paul, I believe) was moving house.

It would have been good for PMDG to have learned from this, and had more people trained and able to process Extended Download activations.

Charging for the re-downloading of previously bought products can be hard to swallow as it is (although it's not what's being discussed here), but 3 and 4 day delays in that purchased service is just unacceptable in my honest opinion.

If PMDG are charging for re-downloads, people deserve to have access to their product as soon as they've paid;  not dependent on someone having the time to do something manually, so they can get what they've paid for.

PMDG are Numero Uno for me, and I adore their products above all others - I wouldn't even lose sleep personall over the paying for extended download service aspect, but it really sticks in my throat that they often seem to fail to provide a good service in this area, when people have paid for the extended download.

If PMDG are charging for re-downloads, people deserve to have access to their product as soon as they've paid;  not dependent on someone having the time to do something manually, so they can get what they've paid for.

The whole point of the service is to get someone to go validate the purchase of the extended download with the valid purchase of whatever product was purchased, I believe.

Kyle Rodgers

The whole point of the service is to get someone to go validate the purchase of the extended download with the valid purchase of whatever product was purchased, I believe.

Which is quite absurd since we are in the year 2013 and that "someone" could actually be a single "if" statement in a script checking it automatically.

This is unacceptable in my opinion, and it has now gone 4 days without anything.

PMDG - 10/10 product experience and quality, but this "customer service" is pretty bad...

Hello,  I sent a ticket on the 23rd Oct which is still marked "Active", although I added an addendum stating they might be busy, this is borne out as the forum has been very quiet of late from either of the usual PMDG posters.  Richard Welsh.

You could always save your PMDG_*_installerName_.exe to your own media and you wouldn't have to pay for redownload.  Bandwidth and administration time cost's money I'm afraid.

Checked your spam folder both on your PC and your ISP if you have access to some kind of webmail.

All the best.

\Robert Hamlich/

You could always save your PMDG_*_installerName_.exe to your own media and you wouldn't have to pay for redownload.  Bandwidth and administration time cost's money I'm afraid.

Checked your spam folder both on your PC and your ISP if you have access to some kind of webmail.

All the best.

^^^^

I second this suggestion.

This is unacceptable in my opinion, and it has now gone 4 days without anything.

Did you get a confirmation email from the support site?

Also, since your posts don't have your name in them, even if someone from the team happened by it, they couldn't go find your info (that's part of the reason for the forum rule).

Kyle Rodgers

Just out of interest, would it be acceptable for people on here to trade the installers?  Obviously not codes just the exe file for installation.  

PMDG have stated that bandwidth is money, fair enough, i have pretty good bandwidth and all the installers (obviously i have bought the products).  I could make them available?  

I would never distribute the codes for the products.  This would seem to be a good solution would it not?

Again just to be VERY clear, i am not talking about distributing the codes, just the installers?

Ian R Tyldesley

Just out of interest, would it be acceptable for people on here to trade the installers?  Obviously not codes just the exe file for installation.

You can answer your own question Ian, how did you receive your installer? There is more than 1 tier of protection that PMDG has built into their products correct?

\Robert Hamlich/

You can answer your own question Ian, how did you receive your installer? There is more than 1 tier of protection that PMDG has built into their products correct?

I downloaded it from the website, when i purchased the products.  I keep all my installers on an external NAS device.

I can't answer the second part, i have completely replaced bits in my PC, formatted and installed off the same installer, the only thing that changes are the activations, tied to the Code.

So other than the code, i don't see how it is tied to me as in individual, my externally (NAT'ed) IP changes, it's on DHCP from my ISP, my internal address range is IPv6 and NAT'ed externally to V4.  I don't really know how the installer would be tied to anything hardware wise.

Ian R Tyldesley

You are correct, it isn't tied to you individually but the installer is provided in a secure fashion and is not freely available to just anyone.

\Robert Hamlich/

I haven't seen anyone from pmdg around here in quite some time. Maybe they all went on vacation?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Couldnt shut'em'up before the release of the T7 ( pmdg staff - had a heavy presents here)

Now we wait for 2 service packs for 2 diffrent products and not even a so much as a  sniff around here....nor in the office by the sounds of it...

Its 1 thing charging for a redownload - no, i dont agree with it at-all - but charging for a download they cant supply....well, whats all that about?!?