Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

Whats going on. Expert help required

My story starts here....

HI Guy's
     I have the following message pop up randomly through my flights which when accepted closes down my FSX session.

vzgr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My system specs are
Intel I7 3770k @3.350ghz CPU
Nvidia geoforce gtx 660TI - Current driver
8 GB RAM

So i installed the DX10 fixer which appears to have delat with the OOM issue.

then i suffered this problem

So i brought and installed the dx10 fixer.

seemed to be fine. So i took the PMDG 777 out for a spin on EGKK - TLPL. about 600 miles out from TLPL - yes 8.5 hrs i got an application hand and CTD.
details below from the event viewer.

Fault bucket 350827061, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.61637.0
P3: 46fadb14
P4: 82b2
P5: 0
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\daz\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC3.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\daz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1FC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_fsx.exe_2ad31b40eea6b6b6bccf7f10fb6a3d9c51ce7b_00590d60

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Hang
Date:          10/29/2013 8:53:16 PM
Event ID:      1002
Task Category: (101)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      daz-PC
Description:
The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1014
 Start Time: 01ced4aa0f142e65
 Termination Time: 192
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id: c8cc934a-40db-11e3-a4a2-08606e55497f

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-10-29T20:53:16.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6919</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>daz-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>1014</Data>
    <Data>01ced4aa0f142e65</Data>
    <Data>192</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>c8cc934a-40db-11e3-a4a2-08606e55497f</Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I would really appreciate some help with this as i am now way out of my comfort zone

Cheers 
Daz

Daz - please post your system information - including overclock - into your profile, so we can see what your hardware is.

Next - grab your fsx.cfg and copy it, then rename the copy as "daz_fsx.txt, start a reply here and select the "More Reply Options" (lower - right corner). This will allow you to attach the txt file to the reply. Whoever wants to evaluate the cfg can then open it in a text editor, moving the sections around for easy reading. I hate scrolling down four screen trying to read a continuous fsx.cfg (and most often will then ignore the post - sorry!)

One question, though.. The UIAutomationCore.dll doesn't usually cause a CTD - but there's always a first - so do you have that .dll in the root folder of FSX? (where fsx.exe lives).

If it's not there - download it from here, and place it in the fsx root folder and unzip it, then rename it to its correct name - ok!  The version number should be 6.0.5840.16386.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HI PJ

thanks for the reply

I have updated my profile with my specs as requested

CFG file attached

I have also checked and UIAutomationCore.dl was present but had a different version number so i have updated that as directed.

Appreciate your help and looking forward to some feedback

Daz

Try the heap fix if you are in Win7 64bit. Google "fsx heap" and check the first link (blog).

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

... and so - no CPU overclock - right?

I'd like to see your Inspector settings, to, please, Daz - and what you set AA to in the Fixer. 

Thanks.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This setting., This will make an entry into the fsx.cfg, and you will then use the MultiSamplesPerPixel number and enter that into Inspector - like this: This will set 4x SGSS in Inspector, and will apply 8x AA through FSX. Note the change to the [Display.Device...etc] - I added :-

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1    to both, as I don't know which port it's using. The normal cfg is like this:-

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780.0]     //  DX9

Mode=3840x1024x32

Anisotropic=1

for DX9 and like this:-

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780.0.0]     // DX10

Mode=3840x1024x32

Anisotropic=1

AntiAlias=1

.......for DX10.

Here's your config, and note that it assumes the 8x CSAA as per the pic above, as well as the Inspector pic.

OK - Talk to you tomorrow!

All the best,

pj

Morning

really appreciate your help with this

Whilst i have inspector on my system i haven't used it solo before. The last time is used it was under the direction of Michael Greenblah (think that's how you spell his name) who has now passed :(.

Since then i have rebuilt my machine and obviously previous settings are not absent.

1u9s.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wont change anything or play with this until you have reviewed because frankly - i don't know what i am doing

thanks again
Daz

Thanks Daz: Here's current settings which you can use, with AA set to 8x CSAA by the fixer - (just run the Fixer and make sure that actually IS what it's set to!)

First - the cfg entry, under [Graphics] (which the Fixer does for you, as above), and then the NI settings here - which you take from the Inspector pic, with the SGSS setting equal to the MultiSamplesPerPixel number.

For the BufferPools setting - you have a 4.4-gig proc feeding a 660Ti, so I suspect that the GPU performance is slightly better than the CPU, so you can probably get away with having UsePools=0.

See what it's like with some heavy settings, weather, traffic, etc., as it is set right now (UsePools=1, with a RejectThreshold of 262144), and note the average frame rate over four or five (repeatable) circuits, and then change the setting to UsePools=0 with no rejectThreshold. One series is going to be higher than the other.

OK! Have fun, 

All the Best,

pj

Thanks for your help with this.

I have been away for a while due to some work commitments. 

i started up this morning with a view to finishing off your instructions and moving forward. However every time i try to start FSX it crashes to desktop immediately when the log appears. No error message or pop up !

any ideas how i find out how to fix? 

Hopefully then i can get the other elements sorted and resolved.

Sorry again fr the delay

Daz

Try deleting your fsx config file then restarting FSX and let it build you a new one. Does FSX load now?

If it does then apply the config tweaks as suggested. Do this one by one until you are confident the sim is stable. Remember to also set your inspector settings as advised.

If you get errors or crash on start up of FSX you need to back track your recent changes to isolate the issue!

It's sometimes the case that the LogBook will become corrupt, and this will prevent FSX from starting, causing this symptom to occur. Fortunately there's a fix in the Avsim Library that cures this, called FSXLog  - fsxlogrecovery11.zip. 

When unpacked FSXLog.exe goes into the

"C:\Users\{your username here}\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\".  

Run it, press Analyze, and if there's a problem, it will tell you, so then just click on "Recover". If this action as I basically described it here, was required - you'll find FSX will now start. A ReadMe.txt is included which will describe it in better detail.

Hope this fixes it.

All the Best,

pj 

Thanks Both

I tried the log file - no problem found

\i therefore backed up my FSX.cfg and tried to rebuild.

same thing happened.

got the splash screen then it stopped and closed.

Thanks for your help

Daz

ok, Dal: thanks. Would you copy/paste the contents of your exe.xml and your dll.xml files here, please?

These two being corrupted can also bork FSX.

Thanks,

pj