Sign in to follow this  
MattNeville

Dynamic Head Movement

Hello together,

i have some kind of a strange problem. Even if i have the dynamic head movement settings in the fsx.cfg file all set to 0, i have still a movement of the pov in the virtual cockpit. I already tried different settings of my TrackIR because i thought maybe that has some influence but no difference. Even if it's deactivated, there is still some movement especially at landings after touchdown. Is there another possibility, i haven't took into account?

Thanks,

Matt Neville

There's nothing you can do about it, it's hardcoded into FSX.

Hello together,

i have some kind of a strange problem. Even if i have the dynamic head movement settings in the fsx.cfg file all set to 0, i have still a movement of the pov in the virtual cockpit. I already tried different settings of my TrackIR because i thought maybe that has some influence but no difference. Even if it's deactivated, there is still some movement especially at landings after touchdown. Is there another possibility, i haven't took into account?

Thanks,

Matt Neville

It's nothing to do with dynamic head movement, so disabling that will not help. The effect you are talking about happens even without any acceleration, and can be seen simply be slewing heading. It's a bug in FSX and affects all aircraft in VC view. The further the pilot's seat is from the CG the more obvious it is.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Do programs like EZdok minimize this effect?  It seems almost every video I see with EZdok or other camera software don't have this effect visible.

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Intro manual pages 123-125

Yeah, I have to adjust the seat view like a hundred times a flight. I only have to do so with the 777 I must note.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately Ezdok does not fix this problem and it actually makes things really annoying. I constantly have to readjust the cameras after a flight because the head movement moves them over time so by the time I finish a two hour flight my camera might have moved a full foot forward or backward from where I originally had it.

Samuel Scully

Yeah, I have to adjust the seat view like a hundred times a flight. I only have to do so with the 777 I must note.

Not true. I deftinatley get this in the Default C172 and the NGX and MD11.

Happens most when taxying around corners or braking on the ground. Still happens airborne when turning and/or going from low to max thrust etc, though not so much as when on the ground usually.

The more "G" you pull, especially lateral G (accel/decel & turn left/right) the bigger the movment is.

About the only aircraft I find that doesn't seem to move the eye point is the Majestic Q400, but that doesn't move around in Turbulence either due to the way the flight physics model is literally not part of FSX, almost to the point that FSX is just a scenery generator and Virtual Cockpit drawer for a sim that is nearly entirely outside FSX.

PMDG are a little more integrated with FSX, and as a result have this issue, but also have the benifit of FSX turbulence, thermals etc actually effecting how it flies.

Recently the A2A C172 has been giving me "more movement" than the default C172...

Not true.

I know under what conditions this happens. And you missed the point, I didn't say the dynamic head movement only happened to me on the PMDG 777, I said I only had to manually adjust the head position in the cockpit when using this plane. When I get this in NGX, etc. it's certainly noticeable but with the 777, when I turn left taxiing for example, the head view moves almost above the throttles and backwards.

It's nothing to do with dynamic head movement, so disabling that will not help. The effect you are talking about happens even without any acceleration, and can be seen simply be slewing heading. It's a bug in FSX and affects all aircraft in VC view. The further the pilot's seat is from the CG the more obvious it is.

It's not a bug - it's the way the FSX programmers implemented the feature. The logic is correct by their design, they just never foresaw it being the problem it is today (like many other issues in FSX).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's not a bug - it's the way the FSX programmers implemented the feature. The logic is correct by their design, they just never foresaw it being the problem it is today (like many other issues in FSX).

It's always been a problem in FSX if you use airliner sims, or anything where the eyepoint is far from the CG. This movement of the eyepoint in the VC, basically as a function of true heading, has no relationship to dynamic head movement (which is based on accelerations). They had an acceleration model to move the eyepoint, why would they then add another movement entirely unrelated to dynamics? Something which happens even in slew mode.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I noticed a trend where it's at its worst when you're on Eastern Longitudes. Turning a corner at Heathrow I never need to readjust seat position. Now taking a corner in Dubai is completely different story! One reason I hate flying there in the 777.... Although I fly UK > US/Canada flights mostly and don't have the issue too often- when I go East it's definitely at its worse. 

I believe Opus has released a beta to minimize this effect. Details on the official Opus forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have a problem that I've tried to Highlighten it a bit but no one did answer me, my problem is that when ever I land, my camera goes crazy up down and side to side, and I have no way of controlling the aircraft when the camera does that, can anyone tell me how to fix this ? yes I have EzDoc, yes I did turned off DHM.

I believe Opus has released a beta to minimize this effect. Details on the official Opus forum.

Interesting.  I can't seem to find any information on it.  Can you link me?  I see some DHM references and camera changes but nothing on features that hope to disable it.

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM