Sign in to follow this  
brivadois

display issues

Thanks for your help:

I've just bought this wonderful aircraft, but I get some display issues:

The first one, the most annoying (but it happens only sometimes when expanding the Autopilot Flight Control  Panel in 2D Cockpit):

md11panel.jpg

The second one: the blur texture only for the fuselage (everytimes for every pmdg livery):

extmd11.jpgThe last one, maybe a conflict md11/737NGX, since I've installed the md11, here is the 737's VC View, with blur map:

738panel.jpg

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

I've just checked it, yes: highmemfix=1

I won't be home for 4 days, but don't hesitate to help me.

Thanks

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

Well I can see in the first pic that the video erroring seems to be affecting the plane as well as your outside scenery. 

Have you recently updated your video card drivers?

Is this happening with any of the default planes?

Anyone to help me ?

Try editing your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD in your FSX.CFG.  It should be 2048 or higher.  1024 can get you these blurry results.

EDIT: Also, check to make sure your settings are the correct resolution for your monitor in FSX's options menus (under "Display," I believe).

Kyle Rodgers

Have you tried uninstalling it?  My advice is to uninstall both, then install the MD-11 before the NGX.

In the past issues of this sort have been apparent. Always load the oldest first.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Have you tried uninstalling it?  My advice is to uninstall both, then install the MD-11 before the NGX.

Please only suggest this as an absolute last resort.  I know people suggest it all the time like it's no big deal, but it ends up being more work than it's worth, and can end up causing more issues than it's attempting to solve.  This one should actually be pretty simple, and by troubleshooting, we all learn something.

Just my own little awareness campaign I have going on.

Kyle Rodgers

All the troubles  of VC Panel (NGX)  and textures (MD11) are solved., since I've changed the texture_map_load to 4096, but sometimes the first issue occurs again.

As scandinavian13 said, I'll reinstall only in last resort.

Thanks everybody for your help.

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

I had the panel issue you have in the first picture. What I discovered was when I was running FS2Crew in full screen mode on a 16:9 monitor this would happen sometimes and only at night. Most of the time I could fix it by resizing the Flight Control Panel just a little bit taller. I never noticed this problem when FS2Crew was disabled or if I fly the MD-11 with FSX in windowed mode.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Tom,

Thanks for your help.

I fly MD-11 in FSX windowed mode and I don't use FS2Crew (maybe one these days). The issue doesn't seem to happen at day times. Most of the time, it's solved by going to VC Panel and back to 2D Panel and trying to expand (or  not) the Auto Flight Control Panel.

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

I have TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 and no issues here.

Are you sure you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 written in CAPITALS and under the correct section of the FSX.cfg?? Your issue looks like the problems you see when that option is NOT present.

Do you have AI active? It might be that your system can't load all the textures due to shortage of memory, or otherwise is too slow to display them.

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Best regards,

Robin.

Robin,

I checked my fsx.cfg  and I noticed once again  that "your" line was present but my line was written  HIGHMEMFIX = 1 and was not directly placed under [GRAPHICS]. I don't know if it is important but I made the changes.

After 2 short flights at night, everything seems to work fine.

I hope it is fixed now.

Thank you very much.

François

François CHAUSSE

I'm newbie

I've seen similar issues to the first picture and solved them by going from windowed mode to full screen and back (or the opposite if you fly full screen). Try that if it happens again, hit alt-enter, wait for it to switch. Then repeat the process.

Steve Caffey