Sign in to follow this  
Winglet74

FSiPanel for FSX. Train IFR approaches like airline pilots.

Hi Guys, I don't know if this is the right place to post? I have created a new software for FSX based on my personnal experience with airline training.

FSiPanel is a new Flight Instructor Panel for FSX. (Release date by the end of 2013)

As an airline pilot and a huge fan of flight simulator, I always found frustrating when flying a new high end aircraft not to be able to fly several approaches within a few minutes without having to reset all parameters.

In the real world airline training, the instructor is able to repeat an approach by moving the aircraft to a specified position, allowing the pilots to try another approach with a different weather or any other scenario.

When you load a flight from FSX menu, the engines are initially at idle and the result is an unstabilized approach with some failure on the EICAS due to low speed, loss of altitude, etc.

With FSiPanel, everything is controlled by the program, your aircraft will be positioned, the engines will spool up while the speed and altitude will be artificially maintained.

The NAV setting will be done for you, the aircraft will be trimmed and stabilized, ready for you to take over an fly a nice approach.

FSiPanel 1.0 main features :

• Move your aircraft to any airport within FSX coverage
  • Move your aircraft to predefined Downwind, Base, Final, Vectors or Take off position.
  • Set the weather manually as you like for each approach or download actual or historical weather
  • Crosswind challenge (Land on Touchdown zone on centerline and the crosswind will increase by 5 kts for your next landing)

FSiPanel 1.0 supported aircraft:

• PMDG 737
  • PMDG 747
  • PMDG 777
  • LEVEL-D 767

Other aircraft will be added upon users request, high end aircraft as above are sophisticated and FSiPanel is taking care of all parameters before giving you the controls.

The first video demonstration is now available on youtube, it shows the features of this new tool and how to basically use it, it can be used as a single station (1 computer) or fully loaded mode (FSiPanel on a remote computer)

Link to the demo video #1:

http://youtu.be/S9xEIWemEUw

Please feel free to leave me any comment or things to implement on this software.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre

Excellent piece of software. Must have taken you a lot of time and effort.

I use the iFly 737, would be great if it was available for that.

Thanks for the comprehensive youtube video.

Eugene

Hi guys, thank you for your comments !

I’m working on it on my days off and time off, the software is almost ready for its first release version.

Overload : IFly 737NG is in the loop and might be included in first release.

There will be new functions such as:

-          Engine failure training at V1, V2, cruise and approach.

-          Failure of Autopilot, A/T for manual flying

-          And some more…

Since my first video, I’ve added a new feature for airport traffic patterns, FSiPanel will prepare a left or right hand traffic pattern at any airport, FMS route prepared, nav setting completed, ready for you to train takeoff followed by a fully customizable traffic pattern.

You can see this video on my channel : www.youtube.com/user/fsipanel

Safe flights everyone,

Jean-Pierre

Another excellent video, very impressive functionality, looking forward to the release!

Eugene

Man, that's amazing. Would it be possible to add your own aircraft, or is that a horrendous undertaking that requires programming? Seems undoable for you to add just any aircraft.

Can't believe noone else is interested in this. Did it scroll off the radar too quickly?

Man, that's amazing. Would it be possible to add your own aircraft, or is that a horrendous undertaking that requires programming? Seems undoable for you to add just any aircraft.

Hi Brazen,

I will be adding new aircraft depending on requests received by the users, all aircraft are different and need a specific code to make sure all parameters are set for a stabilized approach. FMS routes are different as well.

On its initial release, it will be compatible with 4 ot 5 high end aircraft and more will be added later.

Jean-Pierre

www.fsipanel.com

Can't believe noone else is interested in this. Did it scroll off the radar too quickly?

It's difficult I believe to get interested to a product which is not yet available.

There is some people interested and following the product, I will probably ask them to be beta testers.

There is another post in MS FSX : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/425794-fsipanel-for-fsx-train-ifr-approaches-like-airline-pilots/

Watching the vid got me interested pretty quickly. :D

It's linked in Post #1 for those who missed it.

Hi Guys,

The development continues at high speed and I’ve now added some new features :

-          Ability to handle Engine Failure on takeoff and approaches

-          As in a full motion simulator, ability to take a snapshot of your approach to retrain from this position, all engine operative or with engine failure.

I’ve made a new video showing you these new features, the scenario is a takeoff from Amsterdam, Runway 18C with a CATIII weather, 200m Visibility and a ceiling at 100ft.

At V1, ENG Failure, circuit pattern for ILS CAT I on runway 18C, at minimum, no contact, GO-AROUND.

Repositioning using the snapshot mode to practice a CAT IIIa autoland on runway 18C.

The link is http://youtu.be/eHcq0MSgZkg

Please feel free to leave any comments and or suggestions from improvement on my youtube channel or here on the forum.

Safe flights,

Jean-Pierre

www.fsipanel.com

www.youtube.com/user/fsipanel

Jean-Pierre,

That looks simply amazing!

Kevin.

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Hi guys, project is moving forward and beta version will soon be released for beta testers.

If you want to follow the project, please register to our newsletter on http://www.fsipanel.com at the bottom of the page.

Newsletter will give you last information and registraton as beta testers.

Safe flights!

Jean-Pierre