Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

Good news!!

I went to their facebook page but could not find any images.

Also, I am really blown away that the forums are not lighting up like like a xmas tree. I would think there would be discussions, more pics.  and everything else that would come with what I would term as a "incredible milestone".

Regards

Bob

Bloom effect is there

Performance, well, what we were handled to play with worked with DX11 vid cards only and even then, your mileage may vary.

There are lots of different set ups for either lighting, scenery, weather, traffic and graphics.

Personally, my experience was very positive, i used a 30fps target frame rate and most of the time i got within 70 to 90% of that target, BUT at the same time i used extreme settings on water, clouds, shadows (this is a shadow gallore sim) and what´s most impressive, IMHO, is virtual cockpit self shadowing.

I can say that i simply couldnt run my FSX with the settings i have in P3D V2.0

Ron

Thanks a lot for the info! Very helpful.

As for the bloom, does it look anything like the DX9 bloom in FSX? Because the DX10 bloom performs much better, but it got toned down a lot. I can only expect the DX11 bloom to almost non-existent.

I would think there would be discussions, more pics. and everything else that would come with what I would term as a "incredible milestone".

Give it some time -- I think many will need to see/smell from other's screenshots and videos ... then the stream of good and bad will begin.

IMHO, is virtual cockpit self shadowing.

Is this different from how it works now in FSX DX10 with Steve's DX10 Controller?  If so, can you provide a video of the shadows in motion in the VC?  Would love to see how different it is from FSX.

i used a 30fps target frame rate and most of the time i got within 70 to 90% of that target

With all that turned up, that is impressive, what are you GPU/CPU specifications?

Cheers, Rob.

One of the benefits of the new lighting system is that all aircraft now have nice, smooth VC shadows, without the need to make changes to the MDL file like we have to in FSX. This means all FSX aircraft running in P3D have shadows like that out of the box:

377_p3d_small.JPG *

Full size screenshot made over ORBX Iceland: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25623949/p3d/377_p3d.JPG

*disclaimer: This is a WIP screenshot from a WIP product showing an addon for FSX that has been manually copied to P3D v2 and is not officially supported in this simulator, because the addon was created when P3D did not even exist. No changes were made to this addon to make it P3D compatible or incompatible. I can not promise that it will look like that in the final version of P3D v2, or work at all, though I hope it will. And I certainly was not entertained while making this screenshot. **

**disclaimer to the disclaimer. Lewis asked me to wrtie it, just in case...

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Wow! The lighting looks terrific!

Is it possible to increase the shadow resolution though? Because in one Prepar3D 2.0 beta video I found (it has been removed since then), the cockpit shadows looked kind of blocky.

Thanks Michal, love the disclaimer :P

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Wow! The lighting looks terrific!

Is it possible to increase the shadow resolution though? Because in one Prepar3D 2.0 beta video I found (it has been removed since then), the cockpit shadows looked kind of blocky.

Most sims supporting these shadows have options that give you anything from blocky/pixelated shadows to smooth ones depending on your settings.  I guess p3d is the same

Ron, from RAZBAM here

Some pics of our Helldiver in P3DV2.0...FYI with P3DV2.0 Professional Plus you get weapons (guided/unguided) FLIR systems, ECM pods, countermeasures etc (obviously all should be created by 3rd party devs), it´s going to be awesome.

helldiver_004_zps16d1ce83.jpg

helldiver_006_zps192a2512.jpg

Un edited pics

Best regards

Ron

W  O  W!!!!  Fantastic!!! Are those "Stock" Clouds??? Thx

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The video you're referring to was probably made with the early beta that leaked to the internet. Many things have changed since then. If you look at my screenshot, there are no jaggy/blocky shadows, even under small cockpit parts. The quality is probably better than in DX10 with Steve's fixer.

One important thing is that the shadows are calculated differently. In FSX, even with DX10 fixer you will usually get all sorts of artifacts if you enable the shadows in an airplane that was not designed to use them. In P3D it does not matter, it just works.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

One of the benefits of the new lighting system is that all aircraft now have nice, smooth VC shadows, without the need to make changes to the MDL file like we have to in FSX. This means all FSX aircraft running in P3D have shadows like that out of the box:

*THAT SUPER AWESOME 377 PICTURE

Full size screenshot made over ORBX Iceland: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25623949/p3d/377_p3d.JPG

*disclaimer: This is a WIP screenshot from a WIP product showing an addon for FSX that has been manually copied to P3D v2 and is not officially supported in this simulator, because the addon was created when P3D did not even exist. No changes were made to this addon to make it P3D compatible or incompatible. I can not promise that it will look like that in the final version of P3D v2, or work at all, though I hope it will. And I certainly was not entertained while making this screenshot. **

**disclaimer to the disclaimer. Lewis asked me to wrtie it, just in case...

Oh my! This made me actually gasp at my desk. This truly could be our future!

And I certainly was not entertained while making this screenshot. **

Classic !!!  :LMAO:

Wonder will there be any benefit from a plane being designed for P3D2  exclusively rather than a port?