Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

More P3D v2 Screenshots

AI aircraft in xplane, strangely, uses the fully computed flight model the same as the plane you are flying.

IMHO a big waste of resources as no one cares how accurately modeled the flight model of AI is, just that it doesnt look stupid when taking off and landing.

Yup.

Though at least they probably wont fly into each other like they can in FSX. Nobody in X-plane would be crazy enough to waste CPU power on more than maybe one or two AI planes.

I always loved the FSX (and I assume P3D) Sky full o' planes, though.

Would even sit and just watch the airports.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is no free lunch when it comes to AI, even if it is largely scripted the CPU still has to dedicate some resources to it. I think that Xplane10's default AI was designed to do a bit more stuff than basic takeoffs and landings, I know you can assign the AI to teams which will dogfight you, as well as do a few other things. Unfortunately it's a bit of an overkill for what most people need it to do.

Well I cant buy it every time ive ever tried to pay using more than 1 credit card it  processes and I get a tech prob message saying there was a problem  there site is the only site my 3 different Credit cards don't work on.

I have tried many times over the past 18 months but finaly gave up ever getting iy

Jason Richards

I present to you a link to more screenshots.

Really an eye opener *CLICK*

LOL Not exactly a fair comparison. Different settings are used and the P3D 2.0 screenshot clearly has a lot of new (and old) options turned off. Besides, we knew the buildings and textures and whatever would be the same. It's all about performance!

LOL Not exactly a fair comparison. Different settings are used and the P3D 2.0 screenshot clearly has a lot of new (and old) options turned off. Besides, we knew the buildings and textures and whatever would be the same. It's all about performance!

FSX 24 FPS, Prepar3D 2.0 18 FPS.  :(

We don't know if:

a. He's running both at the *EXACT* same settings.

b. What GPU/CPU he has.

I mean, to be completely fair, if the guy is running on like a 560Ti, FSX > P3DV2 isn't going to be the most pleasant experience in terms of the frame difference. It's a real pity, but such is the cost of offloading some of the processing to the GPU.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the difference with my 780, hopefully it should be a positive jump, and if it isn't, I'll just make use of their superb return policy  ^_^

EDIT: Make note that he is using Beta 1. Not Beta 4.

I'm fairly sure LM have made performance optimizations over the course of 3 further updates.

Aamir Thacker

Taken with a "leaked" beta1 copy of P3D  :Thinking:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

No offence, but this comparison is utter pile of crap. Not to mention that P3D2 screenshot comes from the leaked early beta and the guy who made it probably found it cracked on some pirate site.

So let me compare it with what I can see on the beta 4 (not a final product) on my PC. Keep in mind that I took these screenshots in slew mode from the stock FSX C172 2D cockpit view, so don't expect the same fps on the 747 cockpit at the busy approach to KJFK. Autogen and LOD at max, mesh at high, full shadows and water reflectivity:

2013-11-23_12-32-52-132.jpg

2013-11-23_12-33-2-470.jpg

2013-11-23_12-33-52-421.jpg

And that's the same situation and scenery settings, except shadows and water reflections are disabled for trees and buldings

2013-11-23_12-36-28-260.jpg

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

OK, except for the shadows still looks ugly.

And I rarely had performance problems with my FSX, so no real improvement here.

I`m a VFR guy, just flew the NGX and Digital Aviation Fokker a few month before i got bored of IFR/airliner flying.

If the scenery looks ugly, it isn`t fun to fly vfr.

I agree. It's a shame, I'm sure a little time was invested in creating the shots. Just like investing time when cooking two apple pies, you have to make sure that both have apples in them and are covered in cream! Only then will the superiority of the chief come to light.

OK, except for the shadows still looks like crap.

And I rarely had performance problems with my FSX, so no real improvement here.

Except for the part where he's gained 10 fps over 1.4/FSX, right?

Autogen and LOD at max, mesh at high, full shadows and water reflectivity:

Been sitting at my computer for the better part of 5 minutes, trying to think of something to say, then it clicked.

I've never wanted a Monday more than this.

Really liking what I'm seeing so far, I see you have a 770, so hopefully my 780 should net me a couple of more frames  :dirol:

Aamir Thacker

And that's the same situation and scenery settings, except shadows and water reflections are disabled for trees and buldings

Thanks for those comparisons, very informative. Now, can you go to the exact same spot on FSX and take a screenshot with the FPS counter on? This with the aim to compare it to that last screenshot of yours (reflections and shadows disabled).

Thanks for those comparisons, very informative. Now, can you go to the exact same spot on FSX and take a screenshot with the FPS counter on? This with the aim to compare it to that last screenshot of yours (reflections and shadows disabled).

LOL I was thinking about asking that, but thought it might be a breech of the NDA because then it would clearly show the technical aspects of v2.0 for that PC running P3D.

Waiting... :)

Lighting makes all the difference here... 3d Models is something we can always download better ones from the internet, but new Engine only happens once every 10 years!!

Alexis Mefano