Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Proper Nvidia Inspector settings wiht DX10 fixer?

Download a couple of little apps, Rod: 1). CPU-Z, which will tell you what your proc is running at, and will also tell you what your memory is running at. 2). Number two is CoreTemp - this one just sits in your systray, bottom-right, and shows temp and clock speed. I like it, it's unobtrusive, just reminds me every now and then that the temp is 34C and 5-gig.

Just watch that temp - nice n cool is around 29 - 35C and ~55 when running FSX.  I would not allow anything above 75C, as it would be approaching it's limit - just under 100 (I think). Check on the weeeb.

If the stock cooler will handle it - you have an exceptionaly good cooler/processor seating. Better to run at 4.2 for the moment, untill you can monitor it and build in some safeguards. Just banging it up to 4.4 is not a "good thing" to do - much better 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and then load test it for a day or so. All will depend upon those temps.

More tomorrow!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,

Thanks again for all the help.  FSX has never run better for me.

I downloaded and installed CPU-Z and Core Temp.  I played with FSX for about six hours.  As soon as I saw your above post, I dropped the Overclock speed to 4.1.  During FSX flights, the highest temp was 67 C.  It never stayed at 67, it would jump back down to 56 then back up to 67.  Never stayed at a steady temp for any period of time.  It was constantly changing.

I also used a program from Piriform, called Speccy which also gives me the temps of each core.  It never reached the same temp as Core Temp.  Speccy would show about 3-5 degrees less than Core Temp most of the time.  I also noticed that Core 1 gets the hottest.  Is this normal on all systems?

Well, then I went to 4.2, and no change on the temp.  I flew for a couple of hours with 4.2, then upped it to 4.3 and no change.  So, I think It's doing ok, what do you think?

I also need to clean out the computer case for any dust, as I haven't done that in about six months.  I try to do that every three to four months.

Thanks again Paul, and if you have any suggestions and/or recommendations, shoot 'em my way.

Rod

Rod Beck

I think that b****** great, Rod! 67 is just right. I guess FSX is working pretty well for you now, then!

You're finding theat each core is different from its neighbour - yup - that's perfectly normal behavior - temps will constantly vary, as will the individual loads, if you monitor those, too.

IF there's no heat increase move to 4.4, but monitor it. Are you using any loading software - like Prime95? Would you mind running through the process which you're using to overclock, please? Just a brief overview - maybe with a screenshot or two if the bios has the ability. I assume it's the same UEFI Bios that ASUS has, as this company makes (made?) the boards for ASUS. Do you have a guide to go by, or are you simply upping the proc speed? 

Sorry about all the questions - I just don't want you to have a nuclear "event" in the bowels of your pc!  

:lol:

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,

I am not using any other software to overclock.  I entered the BIOS by pressing the F10 while restarting.  I think it was the Power Settings I went to and it had an option called Overclocking.  I clicked on that and it showed Core1 through 4 with two digit numbers beside each core #.  I changed those numbers to i.e., 43. and then it asked if I want to accept to press F10, which I did, then I would go to another window, can't remember, and it gave options like, Exit and Save and/or Exit and Not Save, or something.  I always used the Exit and Save.  Then the computer would finish restarting.

Right now, I've been flying a 737 Posky (sp), and at 4.3 overclock.  The Core Temp showed 73 degrees Celsius a couple of times.  I'm still flying ( on my other computer) and it's showing 70 degrees as the highest lately.  I might set it back to 4.2 after my flight is complete.  I'm flying a mission, online, and it's about a four hour flight, so I'm watching it closely.

I don't have a guide to do this, I'm just upping the speed through the bios.

I'm really enjoying the way FSX is handling, just concerned about the heat from the overclocking.  According to Core Temp the Tj Max is 105 degrees Celsius.  What is this Tj Max?

Thanks, and I hope I answered your questions and request.

Rod

Rod Beck

I think you're likely going to be ok - even up to 76, Rod, but it is a 4770k, and will likely be good for 4.6 gig with some better cooling. Go to 4.4 at this time, and just watch it for a few days, and mull it over some. 4.4 and 76 (if it even hits 76) is good by me - but no warmer.

For proc speeds above this you will very likely require something like that Corsair H100i, Rod - then you will have peace of mind, as you'll not likely see 70 when that's doing it's job. The "fit" will be the determining factor in cooling - there are several videos on the tube demonstrating technique - like this one showing the various types and application methods of thermal paste.

Tj Max = the tjmax temp means that the cpu will shut down at that temp. For load testing purposes - one can get within 20 degrees of that and be ok, because the regular FSX and other heavy-duty games will not usually create as much load as, say Prime95 or other load applications.

ok! I hafta say - it's good to see you doing this - you're going to see some rewards in a few days! 

Good luck!, All the Best,

pj

Paul,

Again.......A BIG Thank You.

I just finished that 3 hour and 46 minute flight from Oakland, CA to Knoxville, TN, and she didn't blow up.  I'm pretty happy so far. 

It's a 3770K....at least that's what the specs say.

Again....thanks a lot....

Rod

Rod Beck

Hi can somebody please help as I have followed the guide thou when I start fsx I get the jiggered lines on the start up aircraft which is the trike the jaggies are on the lines connecting the wing please help NVidia inspector is set as above mentioned in this post and fsx cfg configured also please help thankyou

Mikeymike,

Having the jaggy lines on the aircraft selection menu is not a big but if you really want to try and reduce them, try these settings.

Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.2

NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage: Allowed

Toggle FXAA on or off: ON

Give those a whirl.

M

Hi

Thankyou so much for reply I still have the same issue don't understand why thou others don't have the same issue

Does anybody else have any input on this? Should I reinstall and reset everything and try again?

I still have the same issue don't understand why thou others don't have the same issue

The spinning aircraft screen is not antialiased in dx10 or dx9. We all have the same issue. The fact that it works in DX9 is fortunate. If you want the spinning aircraft to look "normal" - do as MikeAdamo suggests. It's on page 7 of the guide.

The last three parameters in this section - FXAA - can be used also with little performance loss: it will remove the jaggies from the spinning aircraft, and will generally soften the fsx graphics. The pic below is shows FXAA set to "Allow", and is also turned on, but with no on-screen indicator. It can be on or off: it's your preference.

OK!

All the Best,

pj

Hi mikeymike,

I'm just curious, other than the jaggies being purely cosmetic on the aircraft selection page and not within FSX, why would you go through the hassle of reinstalling only to have the same results? Again, it's purely cosmetic and once you are "in" sim, the graphics should look fine so are you seeing these jaggies when you get in the sim and start flying?

"why would you go through the hassle of reinstalling only to have the same results?"

Vaas... The definition of Insanity...

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply I will turn on FXAA predefined on and see if it gets rid of jaggies in fsx menu spinning aircraft and also vc. Can someone also please share their dx10 scenery fixer settings or do you guys leave sliders  it at default? Thanks.

Hi guys,

so I have set the fxaa on and off to no avail I still get jaggies and a little in pmdg 777 and noticed shimmering on taxiway markings I am set at 4x sgss using a gtx titan. I have read the manual numerous times but to no avail please help thankyou.