Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Process EXplore VAS Usage bar

I am using Process Explore . How can I put VAS usage , on FSX bar? It will great if can monitor it during the flight

THX

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

You cannot.  Good idea though!  You can run in Windowed mode though (uses more FPS/memory) and monitor it from the desktop.  I use a program called Advanced System Care and they have a way to monitor memory and cpu usage.  Sometimes when I start up fsx it is extremely slow loading and I'll see the cpu usage is 100%.  I'll do a ctrl-alt-del and go into the Task Manager and see an Internet Explorer tab didn't close properly (hard to believe Internet Explorer doesn't shut down properly... :rolleyes: ).  When I shut down all the Internet Explorer processes, cpu usage goes to 1% and fsx loads immediately.  The best way to monitor vas usage is to install FSUIPC and it will being to provide warning sounds that you are near to running out of memory.  So, tell your virtual passengers you have to go and shut something down and go into the Task Manager and shut down whatever is taking a lot of your resources.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks for your response. I have FSUIPC. I will try Advanced System Care . I also requested from Pete Dowson , if he can show VAS Usage numbers in FSX upper Bar.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Open the FSUIPC setup screen. Go to the "logging" tab, and in one of the "specific value checks" enter the value 024C (first character is zero, not the letter"O".

Change the "type" for that value from S8 to S32.

Click on the checkboxes to display the value either at the upper window bar, or within the main FSX screen.

Now save and exit. Going forward, you will have a continuously-updated readout in-game of free VAS remaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Open the FSUIPC setup screen. Go to the "logging" tab, and in one of the "specific value checks" enter the value 024C (first character is zero, not the letter"O".

Click on the checkboxes to display the value either at the upper window bar, or within the main FSX screen.

Now save and exit. Going forward, you will have a continuously-updated readout in-game of free VAS remaining.

Yep easy to do and a VAS acounter on the window frame of FSX :-)

André

I learn something new everyday!  Thanks to those for answering the OP's question and for the tip.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No problem! Can't take credit for it though...I got it from someone else! ;) I just passed on the knowledge! :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Very cool.. Just for info, the number it displays is the available VAS remaining or something to that effect?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

How cool is that!!  Thanks very much. Extremely useful. Everyone should implement this in FSX.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Another tip, is to use Bob Scott's Quantam Leap addon ( available in the Lib) and use the Vas counter, ideally suited for a client PC.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very cool.. Just for info, the number it displays is the available VAS remaining or something to that effect?

It's good approximation to the free VAS as returned by VAS Map application (VMMAp.exe).

Devin,

Wow.. That is excellent.Thank you very much. If I knew what those numbers mean I will be really happy.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3999/sncr.jpg

Don't click on the "Hex" check box in FSUIPC.  It should be left blank.

The number is the actual amount of VAS being used by FSX.  In my case, I'm using 2.5G of VAS.

10969940373_0d8a135fe0_b.jpg

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png