Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

Captains-

We are very close to commencing testing on the first expansion pack for the PMDG 777-200LR/F so I thought it was probably time to give you a quick update on the status of a few things related to the 777!

First off- we really hope you are enjoying the airplane.  The state of simulation is one that we are really quite proud of- and during the past couple of months we have been hearing from many of you who are professing just how much you really like the airplane.  Of all the projects we have brought to market, this one is my personal favorite thus far- which is saying something because you all know of my affinity for the 744. 

We are preparing to push the first full SP1 (Service Pack) out to our testing team so that they can validate some of the changes we have made since the product released in September.  I will at some point publish a list of fixes and a partial list of additions/changes- but that is beyond the scope of today's discussion- and we still haven't finished with the fixes we have planned...

SP1 currently encompasses about 120 changes.  Ninety of those changes are fixes/tweaks/corrections from the original release- and we still have more that we intend to work through before pushing SP1 out the door.  Some of the items are really small, but some were pretty big for performance enhancement- so overall we think you will find improved performance, stability and improved functionality over the original release!

As always- we do not have a target release date- as we prefer to work to a completion point rather than a calendar date.  We have been actively at work on the SP1 update for about six weeks now- and I think we are more than half way through our plan- if that gives you any ideas...

The SP1 update will release concurrently with the PMDG 777-300ER, but it will not be required that you obtain the 300ER in order to get the SP1 improvements.

Now- on the topic of the PMDG 777-300ER, we are moving along quite nicely with this, the first expansion on the 777 product line.  We have been flying the airplane internally for a few weeks now- and she is almost ready to out for the initial beta test phase- which we anticipate taking a few weeks.

The core functionality of the 300ER is now present in the simulation and is operational, including 300ER specific behaviors such as up-rated engines, semi-lever landing gear, systems differences, etc.

One area that we are not certain will be ready at release time is the taxi cameras.  We have not yet succeeded in providing the multi-camera view in a manner that is stable enough for day-to-day use.  Stability is a major issue to sim users- so unless/until we get a stable camera module, we won't include it in the release.  Stay tuned on this topic...

We have packed a few more goodies and surprises into the 300ER and SP1 releases- but I don't want to tell you about them just yet.  Suffice it to say that we could probably make our lives simpler by not adding new functions into the product line at this stage- but what would be the fun in that?!

Oh- and the 747-400v2.0 is making rapid forward progress...  Which pleases me immensely.  Wait until you see this beautiful airplane put together with the level of detail we used in the NGX and the 777 product lines.  It has to be seen to be believed!

Thank you again for all of your support on the 777- we are happy you guys are getting so much enjoyment out of our tribute to the Big Boeing Twin!  Don't be afraid to stop by the forum and tell us about your adventures flying her all over the FSX world!

This post has been promoted to an article

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Excellent update. Thanks RSR.

Great news! Maybe it will be here in time for Christmas! No rush! Loving the 777 as it is right now, can't imagine what it will be like soon! Great Work gentleman! 

Good news all around.  I can't wait to see the first shots of the 744v2

Chris Sunseri

Very excited for this. I see a 777-300ER in my stocking!

Wahey! Thanks for the update, Robert. Eagerly awaiting release. :smile:

Excellent news! Can't wait for the slightly bigger twin brother  :smile: