Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

PMDG position in P3D with Boeing, but how about BaE or MD?

It's not a market issue, or agreements with other manufacturers.  It's a legal issue.  Granted, that may extend to between PMDG and the partnered manufacturers, but there's also a fundamental issue between PMDG and LM.

Reread the post if this is not clear enough.

Ar! Kyle, I see you are up to your normal diplomatic self, when the poor topic starter asked you to excuse his command of English

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Ar! Kyle, I see you are up to your normal diplomatic self, when the poor topic starter asked you to excuse his command of English

...which is funny because I was responding to the post directly above mine.

Kyle Rodgers

I think the whole point is that PMDG has allied itself with Boeing so therefore when potentially dealing with another organization in the real world they should talk to Boeing first, lets not forget this is a commercial application we are dealing with, not some freeware product. We have seen a hundred products that are Airbus, Boeing, Cessna or whatever and none of the developers are allied like PMDG is with Boeing. So therefore it's quite understandable that PMDG will want to clarify with Boeing what they can do from a legal standpoint... It doesn't help that LM are pressing ahead with P3D development like it is a type of home use, developers have also not helped by pushing this out to the FSX community as though the license has changed. Those developers may say P3D is the next big thing for flightsim but what they do miss is the fact that P3D is not a home use product and their website clearly says so. I'd say until LM clarify their intentions for this product, especially with regard to the add on community than PMDG just simply cannot proceed as the statement said.....

P3D is for home use its just not a game like FSX is, its a true sim used for learning.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I think everyone should just get over it until something changes, and if it does, I am sure you will hear it first in these forums.

David Porrett

I think everyone should just get over it until something changes, and if it does, I am sure you will hear it first in these forums.

I'd agree with that sentiment.

Kyle Rodgers

I'd agree with that sentiment.

+1

I don't think whining at them on an internet will change legal issues...  :lol:

I'm on the same way as long as they don't provide entertainment on P3D, I'll stick with FSX. No matter that they actually don't prevent you from getting the academic version (no verifications are done). But should really be the most important thing for LM to do if they want to really be the successor to FS.

As long as they don't change I'm not taking any risks to get something that they might say later I cannot use anymore. That is what it is all about evenwithout Boeing stuff part of the equation if LM does not open to everyone I'm not interested in it a single bit. 

...which is funny because I was responding to the post directly above mine.

My apologies to you as I thought you were replying to the topic starter..  th_blush.gif   001_th_smiles89.gif

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Gents-

1) I am closing this thread because the topic starter and a half dozen others failed to sign their posts as we require here.  Normally I would just make this post evaporate- but can you imagine the conspiracy theory nut-wigs if I did?  <_<

2) Someone posited that we are somehow caught up in some deal between Boeing and LM.  Uhm.  No.  (But that theory does get the award for "Most Entertaining Ridiculous Theory Seen This Week" in the PMDG forum!)

3) Don't get caught up in the forum lawyering over the word "entertainment."  This is about liability protection for PMDG, protection of our upcoming commercial product line's economic viability, ensuring the appropriate license agreements and contracts are in place between PMDG and Boeing to allow us to do what we are planning, and making certain we have a clear understanding on some issues that our legal counsel feels are "murky" in the P3D EULA.

I have seen some really cry-baby garbage in this forum the past few days- and we are starting to hand out penalty box time for the trolls and inciters.  If you take a moment and read my post- it should be obvious to you that we are working toward a P3D solution- but the final details on it cannot be known until... well... the (blood-sucking, fun-killing) lawyers have their way with it.

If you don't like that we run PMDG as a business- then please see yourself to the exit...

If you are excited about P3Dv2- then great.  So are we! 

If you feel compelled to be a whinging crying complaining troll- please...  Go elsewhere- nobody here is interested in your point of view.  (Sorry to validate your feelings about your own inadequacy- but hey- someone had to do it...)    B)

^^^^^^^^^^^

Note:  Yes- sarcasm.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com