Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Black screen after 10 - 15 minutes of flying?

First off, hats off to LM for the amazing performance in P3D V2. One issue I have is after 10 minutes or so the screen will go black. The simulation continues in the background but the whole screen turns black. Anyone else seeing this? 

Sounds like a problem with graphics driver.

Try to update, aslo make shure the graphics driver are not set to power saving mode.

Another thing you might want to monitor is your GPU temperature with a tool like HWmonitor, just to make sure it isn't overheating or something. (I doubt it, but it's an easy thing to eliminate)

Wesley Bard has personally addressed this issue at the official P3D forum. It sounds like your problem, too.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3801.0#postid-17178

If you see a black screen in Prepar3D v2 and the simulation is still running, and opening up a new view with '[' shows the rendered image in the new view correctly, then first please ensure your video drivers are up to date.

If you continue to see the issue above, please temporarily disable HDR Lighting in the Settings -> Lighting screen and you should not see it anymore. We have discovered an issue with certain video card/driver combinations with the new HDR lighting and are working to resolve it.

Thanks for your patience and support of Prepar3D v2!

Wes Bard
Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

I'm facing the same problem.

I have a GTX 680 with the latest driver updated and suddenly I get this black screen on the simulator.

Hmm i had that yesterday and think i did by a mistake had "only panel view" via right mouse click activated . un-activating this and the VC came back but the outside view was scrambled so i had to load a saved flight before this.

Maybe the same ? i dont know

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've beginning to experience this as well now. Have been updating so many program recently so its very difficult to track it down. Black screen after 10-15 min, usually after switching views, but the simulator is still running. 

I have updated to the latest Nvidia Driver, installed RivaTuner (which also installed a so-called D3D Overrider), and finally updated to the final version of vPilot and ASN (SP3). In fact, vPilot crashed my sim once as said in the event viewer (faulting module, vPilot).

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

You need to download and run AppCrashView and provide the results of the latest crash. See Page 1 of the AVSIM CTD Guide. Most likely it is caused by an external program like Fi5kuS stated above.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10