Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane with new HD mesh

You can find all the background info on the new X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 in this thread

All screenshots are base on free scenery only (and no photo scenery in use)!

FA-22A_119.jpg

FA-22A_34.jpg

Baron_58_26.jpg

C-130_32.jpg

Cessna_172SP_35.jpg

c4_97.jpg

Cessna_172SP_85.jpg

Cessna_172SP_30.jpg

dhc3t_93.jpg

dhc3t_140.jpg

You can see much more screenshots from X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 in these albums:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshSceneryV2NorthAmericaFINAL?authuser=0&feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshSceneryV2EuropeFINAL?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Love the Vivid Colors.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks for posting these, Andras. We need more XP screenshots here ;)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thanks for posting these, Andras. We need more XP screenshots here ;)

The same idea came to me too today ... thats why I posted.

Looks good! Looks like X-Plane is getting better and better in terms of visual quality.

I am a p3d user. Never tried x plane but I an impressed with these screeshots. I think its great that we have competition between the sims. It will insure that each platform continues to evolve which is better for the flight sim community.

Looks good but unfortunately I have too much invested in FSX.

Looks good but unfortunately I have too much invested in FSX.

The nice thing is, that to get the above results, you don't need to invest in anything else than XP10 itself B) (the HD Mesh Scenery v2 is free/donationware)!

It looks *very* nice with "natural" scenery such as mountains. It's too bad that since a few versions ago, the Soviets have invaded the X-Plane world and built huge 25-storey Soviet-era apartment blocks in every little town. I guess it's "plausible", but not very realistic.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

It looks *very* nice with "natural" scenery such as mountains. It's too bad that since a few versions ago, the Soviets have invaded the X-Plane world and built huge 25-storey Soviet-era apartment blocks in every little town. I guess it's "plausible", but not very realistic.

Well, in fact even in this department the HD Mesh 2 is a big leap forward since it has a much better grasp what an area is, where it starts and where it ends. And this simplifies the job for the autogen.

Indeed after some more testing I can see it does indeed help a bit. The huge towers in front of the runway at 74S are gone, for example. It just totally kills the immersion for me whenever I see those huge towers in towns where I know no buildings over 5 stories exist.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP