Sign in to follow this  
davethewave2

Free weather until Xmas

Until Christmas you can have free weather for Prepar3D using Open clouds.

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/

When you start up just enter free for the email address and free for  the licence key.

oc.png

This is my effort to thank  Lockhead Martin for continuing to develop flight sim.

I'm currently working on developing our multiplayer software to work with P3D, should be working shortly.

If a person already has REX or Opus why what is the benefit of having this product?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Bryan, non at all.

I just thought I'd let people use if for free as there's no real weather engine in P3D. I suspect there will be quite a few users upgrading today without a weather engine, so here's a temporary solution for you all.

Thank you very much!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

OK then, great offer, hope it works out for you then.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Until Christmas you can have free weather for Prepar3D using Open clouds.

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/

When you start up just enter free for the email address and free for  the licence key.

oc.png

This is my effort to thank  Lockhead Martin for continuing to develop flight sim.

I'm currently working on developing our multiplayer software to work with P3D, should be working shortly.

Thanks for the product and support to this software! :Peace:

A fantastic, under-rated weather engine.  :cool:

The only reason I don't use it any more is that I need Opus for DHM and other stuff, so obviously I prefer to keep peripheral apps to a minimum, and run Opus weather alongside the other good stuff.

This has the same problem all weather injectors in v2 have.. Insane temp injection.. Usually over 160F OAT

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'll have a look at this for you tomorrow. Can you tell me where you were and what altitude please?

Juneau Alaska sitting on the runway.. :)  Active Sky does it, FSRealWX does it, REX does it..  Every weather injector I tried reports 160F+ OAT. :) Makes for nice mile long rollouts in Cessna.  :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I agree Bill. Seems P3Dv2 has a different way of reading temps. Its caused me more failed flights using REX, ASE2012 and Open clouds or i suspect any weather engine. They are all causing extremely high temps, like +100 degrees.

Juneau Alaska sitting on the runway.. :)  Active Sky does it, FSRealWX does it, REX does it..  Every weather injector I tried reports 160F+ OAT. :) Makes for nice mile long rollouts in Cessna.  :lol:

Glad it's not just me. I just tried four different aircraft all of which pegged the thermometer out. Un-hook AS-2012 and back to 40F. WOW, though I was flying into the sun!

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

I'll have a look at this for you tomorrow. Can you tell me where you were and what altitude please?

KCMH, it was snowing and outside temps were 1* C.  I double-checked the METAR string after seeing 70*C in the sim.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks for the generosity, however this program instantly causes P3D to crash when loading weather.