Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

P3D-2.0 - My First Day

Hi Guys,

I'm amazed at the latest version of P3D. I added REX O/D + and Orbx FS Global and this sim looks AMAZING!!!. I FINALLY feel like I'm getting my moneys worth out of my hardware. Just about two minutes of tweaking and she is running great.

This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, you couldn't pry this software from my dead hand. Yeah, its that good!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I just deleted it. performance and AA quality not near as good as my FSX Global FTX installation and havnt even loaded anything into it. Not very impressed.:)

Hi Guys,

I'm amazed at the latest version of P3D. I added REX O/D + and Orbx FS Global and this sim looks AMAZING!!!. I FINALLY feel like I'm getting my moneys worth out of my hardware. Just about two minutes of tweaking and she is running great.

This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, you couldn't pry this software from my dead hand. Yeah, its that good!.

Good to hear - as for REX did you use Water animation plus DX10 optimization or did you leave that portion out?  For some reason when I used water animation - it kinda look quite bad, and I had to resort to default backup

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi,

I did not use Water Animation and/or DX10. This sim is very smooth, even at 5760x1200x32, I'm getting 30 fps steady and she is locked at 30.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Guys,

Hey Mike,

I just installed tonight and was troubled to discover nV Inspector settings aren't picked up in V2.  If I run FSAA in sim I find the outside textures are just plane too soft/fuzzy/verging on blurry.  If I set FSAA off then scenery from lower elevations looks reasonably crisp.  I learned on their forum that DX11 doesn't display many of those driver settings for various reasons, and LM is trying to troubleshoot w/ nV on this.  I find it really not good compared to the high end AA settings I use in FSX.   I will be installing FTXG tomorrow hopefully.  So will my version of REX Essentials Plus that I already have installed for FSX work for P3D V2 also?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi,

There is a cross over (FSX / P3D) fee of a couple bucks. Flying through REX H/D clouds is simply incredible. Combine that with a soft dusk glow with shadows. What an upgrade, I waited a lot of years for this... All I can say is, it was worth it!.

Hey Mike,

I just installed tonight and was troubled to discover nV Inspector settings aren't picked up in V2.  If I run FSAA in sim I find the outside textures are just plane too soft/fuzzy/verging on blurry.  If I set FSAA off then scenery from lower elevations looks reasonably crisp.  I learned on their forum that DX11 doesn't display many of those driver settings for various reasons, and LM is trying to troubleshoot w/ nV on this.  I find it really not good compared to the high end AA settings I use in FSX.   I will be installing FTXG tomorrow hopefully.  So will my version of REX Essentials Plus that I already have installed for FSX work for P3D V2 also?

Mike, any issues with volumetric fog if using third party textures?

Sent from my Mobile thing

Mike, any issues with volumetric fog if using third party textures?

Will, no, the volumetric fog doesn't rely on texturing.

@skywolf, if you're going to use REX wave animation, make sure to use the DX10 option.

@Mike, glad to hear you're enjoying... more surprises to come :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

@skywolf, if you're going to use REX wave animation, make sure to use the DX10 option.

@Mike, glad to hear you're enjoying... more surprises to come :)

Great news, thanks, cant wait to give it a go.

Also my first day, I havent put a lot of time in to it but generally the image quality on my AMD card is better than it has been on FSX-  I am referring mostly to shimmering etc as the graphics are obviously a step up.

I admit it's been a while since I ran fsx but I surely can't remember that amount of autogen.   Flying out of new york and seeing layer upon layer of autogen building in the distance was great.  I never remember that in FSX.

I will have to dig out my old license info for REX as I never downloaded the latest big upgrades.   Time to do it now I guess.

Hi Tim,

Do I need to pay a license fee to run my REX E+ in P3D v2 which I have installed already for FSX?  I'm assuming I don't need to reinstall REX E+, yes?

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Also my first day, I havent put a lot of time in to it but generally the image quality on my AMD card is better than it has been on FSX-  I am referring mostly to shimmering etc as the graphics are obviously a step up.

I admit it's been a while since I ran fsx but I surely can't remember that amount of autogen.   Flying out of new york and seeing layer upon layer of autogen building in the distance was great.  I never remember that in FSX.

I will have to dig out my old license info for REX as I never downloaded the latest big upgrades.   Time to do it now I guess.

Jason, make sure to visit the store where you originally purchased REX and redownload the latest software.

Hi Tim,

Do I need to pay a license fee to run my REX E+ in P3D v2 which I have installed already for FSX?  I'm assuming I don't need to reinstall REX E+, yes?

Thanks!

Hi Noel,

No need to uninstall and reinstall. However, just know that for REX to operate for P3D (any version), there is a one-time fee for $4.99 available for purchase directly inside the REX Configuration Manager. After purchase, simply direct REX to the location of the simulator you wish to use and your set to go.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I can't wait to punch through the tops of clouds with REX in P3D.

I will probably purchase P3D this weekend

Jason, make sure to visit the store where you originally purchased REX and redownload the latest software.

Thanks Tim, I am doing that now!  Rex E+ on it's way down and then overdrive through the links in the support forum.   I also downloaded the new updater from your site.

Thanks Tim.

Speaking of REX: Any advice or hints on what can be used and what not. I used the same setting as in v1.4 and it looked just plain ugly. Dawn and Dusk extremely oversaturated and the blue sky gone at all. The cumulus clouds however do work well. But I had to use a different set....

Can the waves still be used. Because I would really like to use my favorite set. I find it still more real than the current defaults in P3Dv2...

Cheers Marcel