Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The biggest deal breaker.. It needs to end...

I'm not blaming LM here as I'm not even certain if anyone even knows who fault this is.. 

But..  I love P3Dv2  but I can't deal with the disappearing joysticks anymore in Windows 8.. I've had it.. I've been, as sad as it is flying the past few days with a friggen Xbox 360 controller and my keyboard because it's wireless and doesn't fall victim to the joystick disappearing problem.  This is no way to fly a "simulation".  I just this morning tempted fate and grabbed my yoke, pedals, set everything up, had coffee ready.. 20 minutes into flight I decide to tone down the auto-gen.. Upon exiting the settings..   My controllers disappeared..  Saved my flight.. Exited.. Reloaded flight.. Nope.. no controllers again.. FFS.. This is par for the course in v2. I have a few hundred (and I know others have more) wrapped up in yokes and rudder pedals and they are 100% useless in v2 as it isn't worth the stress and anxiety trying to use them..  In 1.4 this wasn't no where near as bad, but I'm certain that's because it was true fullscreen.. Since v2 is completely windowed now this problem is 10000000000000000000x worse than ever...

We.. As a community need to lead a surge to get this fixed.. It's completely unacceptable..   FFS I'm using a Xbox controller in a flight simulator.. That's insanity..  

And any person even REMOTELY thinking of telling me to move to Windows 7.. Don't even bother clicking reply.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hey, did you try registering your controls on FSUIPC and disabling your joystick in P3D? I had the same problem as you and fixed it that way, but i was using FSX and P3D 1.4

The loss of controller in Win 8 is a known Win 8 issue.  It has nothing to do with either FSX or Prepar3D.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hey, did you try registering your controls on FSUIPC and disabling your joystick in P3D? I had the same problem as you and fixed it that way, but i was using FSX and P3D 1.4

No. Like I said.. in 1.4 this wasn't hardly a problem. I can count 3 times it happened since 1.4 was released and I moved to Windows 8 (at release).  I can count on two hands the number of times it has happened on v2 since release. I highly doubt FSUIPC will fix this and I honestly have no need for its controller configurations..

I'm just beyond frustrated with this..  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I believe the problem lies in the fact that you actually have Windows 8 installed.  This abomination to mankind should have never been released on the public.   It is one of the worst OSes that MS has released in it's history.   Not even the 8.1 patch could save this turkey for me.    I put Win7 Pro 64 back on my system very quickly after giving 8 a spin.    It might be good for a touch tablet but it is utter complete garbage for a PC gaming system.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I highly doubt FSUIPC will fix this and I honestly have no need for its controller configurations..

Actually; FSUIPC has been proven to fix this problem for some people, search on the forum for a Windows 8 joystick thread, there are many solutions on it. Good luck.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that you actually have Windows 8 installed.  This abomination to mankind should have never been released on the public. 

Bit dramatic and I highly disagree..  It's superior factually speaking to Windows 7 in numerous ways..  

Bit dramatic and I highly disagree..  It's superior factually speaking to Windows 7 in numerous ways..

Fortunately most of the planet would disagree with you. back to your issue, I was helping a user with the exact same issue as you. Give fsuipc a try, it worked for them.

Rob Prest

It's superior factually speaking to Windows 7 in numerous ways..  

Most probably and i tend to agree, but this joystick issue is still unsolved and part of Windows8. Either live with it (until maybe fixed) or do what you asked people not to bother advising you with.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Make sure that your joystick is NOT plugged into a USB 3 port.  

I have Win 8.1 and I had never experienced the loss of joystick (with any other of my racing or flight sims), until after I had been running P3D2 for a day or so,  Once I loss it, there was no getting back (at least not for very long).  Then I finally tried plugging it into a USB 2 port and it has worked fine (so far) ever since (which has only been for the last couple of days, but still, you should seriously give this a try).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

FSUIPC will fix your problem styckx, it did for me.

It's related to how Windows 8 handles the polling requests for the joystick or any peripheral. If you install FSUIPC and then run your controls through it's interface it won't happen again.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I guess I gotta buckle down and learn FSUIPC's interface. I own it, bought it ages because it stopped the now imfamous gd3.dll crashes.. Just that interface for the controllers is overwelming.. 

Hi Styckx, yes but look at your opening post. :smile: .... It can't really be superior if it contains a bug where your joystick connections kepe dropping out. :(   That is a known Win8 bug.   It doesn't exist for Win 7 or other Win operating systems, it's solely a Win8 problem.    You may see it exhibited more with P3Dv2, but the core problem is still entirely within the Win 8 domain.

If I were you, I would do one of two things, if your flight sim is important to you, and warrants it :-

1. Get FSUIPC and try it (it's not expensive and has 100s of brilliant features); it has fixed the issue for some Win 8 users.   [EDIT:   I see that you already own it.   Pop over to the FSUIPC support forum and they'll help you get your head around the controller pages, or just ask here, people will be happy to help]. 

or

2. Retrograde your Operating System to Win 7.    I've been on every MS OS since Win 95 and honestly, Win 7 64bit is the most stable, bloat-free, effective operating system that MS have ever released.

I hope you get it resolved!

Just that interface for the controllers is overwelming.. 

Hey Bill,

I am not a "Techie" but I find FSUIPC an invaluable piece of software.

It is excellent once you get the hang of it and if something is beyond you there is always help on the web...

Dave

I eventually will, I know.. It's just damn frustrating..  I'm 36 but the old age mentality is starting early for me.. The older I get the less and less I hate "change".. OFF MY LAWN!!!   :P   I used to say "I'll never be that way".. Now approaching 40.. Oh god I am going to be that way..   :lol: