Sign in to follow this  
smpetty

Prepar3D v2

Did you uninstall Opus before upgrading and also check your Configure settings. The only changes in 3.37.5 were related to the wind targets set during the climb up to FL200. The SimConnect side hasn't changed.

Does it work OK if you load the flight in P3D v2 prior to running Opus. One other person has a problem if P3D is started in the dialog screen and Opus is run, his P3D crashes as soon as the SimConnect link becomes active. Nothing we can do since SimConnect cares not what is on the other side.

Try loading the P3D v2 flight before manually starting the FSXSERVER program. If that works OK then I think the problem must be reported to LM as there seems to be a problem with their SimConnect handling.

Stephen

I really don't want to uninstall P3D v1.4 - it runs perfectly and with all of the plugins is prettier and more stable than v2 on my system at this time. I'm glad to know someone else is having a similar problem... I thought that it was odd that I was the only Opus and P3D v2 user having difficulties. I'll keep trying to figure it out on my end. One thing to add though is that it is stable when I turn off Live Camera in Opus. Unfortunately Live Camera is the main feature that I need from Opus. I can't stand EZCA...

I will definitely report the issues to LM....

Scott

We have introduced some delays which may help P3D connect more easily, this will be in the next beta. It does look like a problem with P3Dv2 interfacing to SimConnect since the same OpusFSX software routine is used to connect to all simulator types.

Have you seen any errors reported in the spy window ?

Cheryl

I can confirm there is definately a bug in P3Dv2 in the handling of the SimConnect interface. It seems P3Dv2 cannot handle any SimConnect requests that have been made before it settles into its startup screen. Of course no delay could accommodate all possibilites however I will investigate to see if some special procedure can be used to prevent the P3D problem, it is quite likely I may not find any solution since external programs have no idea what P3D is up to unless they connect via SimConnect. You should still report this problem to LM as it is clearly a bug within the v2 code.

Stephen

It appears the LM P3Dv2 code is very fragile when the startup screen is displayed, I don't think there is anything I can do about this since I don't know what mode it is in until I connect to it and when I connect it causes it to crash. Even trying long delays in our code didn't help, P3D still crashed when the startup screen was displayed

The only recommendation I can give to everyone is until this P3Dv2 bug is fixed to only run the FXSSERVER program after the flight has been loaded.

Stephen

No idea whether it will help or not but you could try reinstalling SimConnect, there is a SimConnect.msi in the OpusfSX folder.

Cheryl

Prepare3D v2 has a known problem handling the SimConnect interface when initialising and displaying the Startup screen.

Until LM fix this problem, It is currently recommended that the P3D v2 flight is loaded before running the FSXSERVER program.

Cheers

Stephen :-)

Is it too early to wish everyone a great Christmas.

For me, it has pretty much the same symptoms. If I start OpusFSX after a flight is loaded then it works. But if I start it when the create scenario screen is up then it leads to a CTD.

For me, it has pretty much the same symptoms. If I start OpusFSX after a flight is loaded then it works. But if I start it when the create scenario screen is up then it leads to a CTD.

Yes I have the same problem.

P3DV2.2 and latest Opus 3.49.6 upgrade download.

Looks like LM is in no hurry to fix this.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

This also occurs during windowed to full screen mode sometimes. Luckily, all it takes is a restart of Opus. You don't need to restart P3D at all.

I'm sure LM will get round to fixing this SimConnect issue on their side, you could try their very latest version if you haven't already installed it. I always or still run Opus manually after the flight has loaded though to rule out any SimConnect issues.

Stephen

The problem is not fixed in P3D 2.3

Any way to create a work around of some kind? It's fairly annoying to start the SIM, setup the flight, get into the flight and then get out of the SIM start opus fsx and go back to the SIM, and then wait for the weather to come in...

I mean, it works, but there's got to be a better way...