Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

WestJet Magic Plane

I DESPERATELY Want this!! :D :D :D

Maybe... someone could email Westjet for high resolution plans of how they did this? Including graphics etc?

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

I DESPERATELY Want this!! :D :D :D

Maybe... someone could email Westjet for high resolution plans of how they did this? Including graphics etc?

Maybe that someone should be you since you thought of it.

Maybe that someone should be you since you thought of it.

But I am not the one designing/re painting it..

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

I mean where are the alaska disneys, those have been flying for years and no one has been able to paint one for the NGX)

There was somebody who did a repaint of the 2nd Disney -900 awhile ago, but I can't find it.  Also, you aren't being fair to the many very talented texture artists who have dedicated their time into making magnificent repaints for the NGX. 

Remember Salmon Thirty Salmon?

fsx-2011-11-16-17-31-21-51.jpg

There are dozens more that have been painstakingly recreated to the absolute minute detail.  I'm sure that there are more than a few repainters out there that are capable of doing the Magic jet

The Disney one?

Yeah somebody sent me an image of the left and right side.  It's not a photo but an actual image map.  Maybe it can be layered in to the photoshop paint kit?  Who knows.

And where did all those obnoxious all caps bold posts go in this thread?

Yeah somebody sent me an image of the left and right side.  It's not a photo but an actual image map.  Maybe it can be layered in to the photoshop paint kit?  Who knows.

And where did all those obnoxious all caps bold posts go in this thread?

Wow, nice. Could possibly be layered. Is it a good resolution?

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Wow, nice. Could possibly be layered. Is it a good resolution?

Let me look at it.  I know it's not layered so it's probably not good enough to use.  Let me see if I can get it uploaded.  

Last I heard was somebody was attempting the paint.  Still happening?

It looks like that someone over at FS Australia has made this livery.  The file is  available over at flightsim.com and the readme states it cannot be uploaded any where else. Here is a quick screenshot and the 2 download  links (1 for the base and an alpha update)

Base

Alpha Update

2014-1-12_7-5-47-433Custom.png

2014-1-12_7-30-53-662.png

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

It looks like that someone over at FS Australia has made this livery.  The file is  available over at flightsim.com and the readme states it cannot be uploaded any where else. Here is a quick screenshot and the 2 download  links (1 for the base and an alpha update)

Hi Kevin.

I have it too. And I'm having a little problem in the texture of the rudder at night. I believe it is not just me. Look at the second photo you posted. At night, the entire rudder is bright.

I already got in touch with the author, but we could not find a solution.

Please, if possible, do a test at night and tell me the result. I wonder if it is something related to my system or not.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

No, the night textures are done very poorly on the rudder and the engines.  Very bad.  Shame!  Should be an easy fix though.