Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Fsx often crash with my 777 :(

My FSX is also crashing with the 777. First one on descent, today it crashed a little after reaching cruise altitude. Doesn't happen to other airplanes, just the 777.

Unluckly i do have some CTD with 777 too but fortunally not always, mostly on long hauls but on flights around 5-6 hours i am able to finish  it.

Do you try to delete the logbook.bin? i saw a guy wich have the same problem "AppHangB1" and he solved his problem deleting this file.I will try that later because im exausted to uninstall/reeinstall all the time...

Unluckly i do have some CTD with 777 too but fortunally not always, mostly on long hauls but on flights around 5-6 hours i am able to finish  it.

Same here, a CTD.  It's not an OOM either, as I monitor my VAS usage.  I've made a couple quick short flights 2-4 hours, and one long 14 hour flight, but since then, I crash in cruise every time, but with different .dll's being the reason.  Usually around hour 6 or so.  After reading around, and knowing that I based my default startup on the cold and dark, I'm wondering if that may be the problem.  

I'm trying something to see if it works.  I changed my default startup to the short haul.  I then shut everything down to match the cold and dark I wanted.  I then saved it as a new name, and set it as default.  I will be trying one of the known failed flights to see if it helps.  If so, that could explain some of the misc crashes.

John

Hey guys, why we don't send all a général ticket to PMDG? i see im not alone to have this crash problem in CRZ or DES...

I already send a ticket to the support and they ask me to check if i have the UIautmation.dll and check if HIGHMEMFIX set to 1.They send me a new download too but same problem at the end...

If we are sending a ticket together maybe PMDG will do an update.

I'm trying something to see if it works. I changed my default startup to the short haul. I then shut everything down to match the cold and dark I wanted. I then saved it as a new name, and set it as default. I will be trying one of the known failed flights to see if it helps. I

Hi, John,

I think it's an excellent idea to start from the short haul state and create your own C & D from that.  However when you say you are going to try a "known failed flight," if you mean that you will load a saved flight that previously gave you trouble, I think it would be better to start with a new situation and perhaps use the same flight plan.  Your saved flight might include a glitch (possibly derived from the default C & D state, possibly from somewhere else) that caused the crash in the first place.  I've come across one or two other people who kept having the same crash, but when they stopped using the saved flight, the crashes stopped.  I have one saved flight where the auto pilot off warning siren won't be silenced, even though that aircraft is set to allow the siren to be silenced!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, John,

I think it's an excellent idea to start from the short haul state and create your own C & D from that.  However when you say you are going to try a "known failed flight," if you mean that you will load a saved flight that previously gave you trouble, I think it would be better to start with a new situation and perhaps use the same flight plan.  Your saved flight might include a glitch (possibly derived from the default C & D state, possibly from somewhere else) that caused the crash in the first place.  I've come across one or two other people who kept having the same crash, but when they stopped using the saved flight, the crashes stopped.  I have one saved flight where the auto pilot off warning siren won't be silenced, even though that aircraft is set to allow the siren to be silenced!

Mike

No, I never use saved flights.  I meant that I will try the same route of a failed flight to see if the new state works.

Thanks,

John

I have been having the same situation since I went to Win 8.1. I think I've stumbled on a fix ,for me anyway. Look in your FSX folder for Atiumdag.dll. if it's not there do the following. Search your system drive (usually C) for the file. I found it in a system folder. Copy it and paste it into your FSX folder. I've been able to fly the sim for several hours without a hitch.

My problem has not been just the T7 but FSX on a whole. Nothing worked. So far so good with my case. I hope this corrects the FSX/Win 8.1 problems for me. Good luck. 

I know i repeat that but anyone try deleting the logbook.bin to avoid crash of fsx? 

Hello :)

Tuco in the first page post a very interesting thing and seem to be the same for me, but i don't know how to do it, he say that:

I've had what may be a similar problem with my fight freezing for around 8 minutes. If I leave it alone it will resume flight as normal, otherwise it will crash. To keep this from happening I pull up Task Manager, find "fsx.exe" under processes tab,right click, go to "set affinity" and check mark only 1 processor to be active. It does make the scenery somewhat blurry but it stops the freezes and crashes. I read about this in PC Pilot magazine.

Ok but when im going on my taskmanager, wich processor i have to choose? and also if i have to do the same thing every time when i start FSX? 

u72a.png

Total since the begining of this topic, I reeinstall fsx for 3 time... i do 3 flight after the last install, the first and the second ok, the third fsx freeze for 4mn in CRZ... i let him, i don't click on the windows like Tuco said in the first page, i just put my mouse over the windows and he come back a live a few time later.

And why i don't have problem when im play with my PC sony vaio i5 which is a lower configuration than my home computer?

Really guys... im tired with those kiddies problem...

I just upgraded to the Active Sky next, (new fsuipc) and now don't have OOM issues, but instead the sim just suddenly CTD with the trible 7 in cruise.

Jens

I have experienced the exact same issue after purchasing ASN. Done 3 flights with the 777 after installing ASN with hotfix and FSUIPC 4.927b. Had 1 BSOD and 2 CTD. Event viewer says FSX.exe and version 0.0.0.0 module. ASN.exe has version 0.0.0.0.

Could be nice to know how many have this issue with ASN.

I have experienced the exact same issue after purchasing ASN.

Could be nice to know how many have this issue with ASN.

I never had an issue with CTD while flying 777 and AS2012 on VATSIM, I recently upgraded to ASNext but I haven't flown a whole flight with it just yet. I'll try to schedule a long-haul on VATSIM later today to see if ASNext affected my setup at all.

I know how it feels to experience crash after crash instead of enjoying to aircraft, I hope your issues will get resolved!

Your overclocking is unstable. Set your multiplier down to default, offset voltage to auto and you wont get a crash again.

Guys, whenever you have a problem with the T7 keep in mind: The problem is you.

Overclock?

Your OC is Unstable

Add-Ons in FSX?

You have a wrong fsx.cfg

Freezes in Mid-Flight?

Your PC is not powerful enough

T7 is not following the descent?

Your FMC set-up is wrong

Its all about you  and your faults guys. No way there might be someting with a PMDG product, don´t even consider to think about it.

To me this was a pretty expensive lesson. A good looking T7 for FSX? Awesome - but not worth a penny if it even crashes on a flight from OMDB to EDDM with a naked FSX. And yes, I deleted (simply formatted it) everything on my 256 GB FSX SSD just to see if the PMDG T7 would work on a freshly installed FSX. No, it wont.

Have fun with your visually great T7 which is only usable for short-haul.

Hi, everyone,

The problem with this thread is that quite a few people who have experienced  crashes have piled onto it.  So it is pretty much impossible to diagnose any one person's problem.  Just want to note that my system is far from high end and I experience hardly any crashes and no OOMs.  I fly many long haul flights and use some addon scenery like UK2000 extreme as well as many lighter AFCAD-type sceneries such as those by Ray Smith.  It is clear that most people are not experiencing repeated crashes.

Some people are being rather quick to suggest fixes, but they are trying to help.  This is not a blame game.  PMDG is aware of the freeze problem as they state in their known issues thread.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2