Sign in to follow this  
RogueSix

Will FTX Global Vector make UTX obsolete?

Can someone tell a newbie when there is this discussion of using FTX Global, Vector & LC, there is still talk of another product for "mesh"? Doesn't all that other Orbx stuff cover that? If not can you give a dumbed down version of what mesh is, in comparison to those other three products?

Thanks a lot.

Sparky

Mesh is the digital elevation model (DEM), which describes the height above mean sea level at any point on the earth. LC is the land classification (agriculture, urban, desert, etc.). FTX Global provides the textures that correspond to each unique land class. FTX Vector provides more detailed shorelines, roads, etc.. The 4 items altogether describe FSX/P3d environment, except for autogen, which consists of individually drawn buildings and vegetation items and AI traffic, which are aircraft, ships and other vehicles that are not controlled by the user.

I think Global Vector + OpenLC will make UTX or SceneryTech obsolete.

welllllll I uninstalled UTXusa and LOST ALL MY SECONDARY ROADS...######...LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER...MAYBE REINSTALLING utx AND UNCHECKING LANDCLASS AND ONLY KEEPING ROADS

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Main roads only,no secondary,with global vector?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

personally all depends where u flying. ftx vector isnt as good as utx just yet. espically if your flying northern canada u couldnt even use a regaular map for nav it so bad right now. with utx canada its as accurate as it will ever get.

Hi,

could anyone tell me, if the FTX Global Series can be used with the ftx terrain regions ?!

Thanks in advance,

FSlikerX

Hi,

could anyone tell me, if the FTX Global Series can be used with the ftx terrain regions ?!

Thanks in advance,

FSlikerX

Hi,

yes - you can use it with hybrid mode.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1