Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Dreamfleet 727 and Windows 7

Hi,

this is a question to those who use the wonderful Dreamfleet 727 under Windows7.

I decided to install Windows 7 due to some OOMs occuring recently (had none for years but several within the last weeks). All works fine so far, unfortunately the 727 doesn't. Always if I call the kneeboard with F10 button, FS2004 freezes and has to be shut down via Task Manager.

In the DF727 support forum I read that Internet Explorer 8 is needed to run the DF727 and to show the kneeboard properly. But I can't imagine that all of you using Win 7 and the DF727 stick with this old and insecure browser??? (Beside the fact that if I try to install IE8, Windows says me that it was not compatible to my OS)

Has anybody of you found a solution?

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald

I never use kneeboard so can't help you with your problem other than to say that I've been running DF727 in Win 7 X64 without any problems for several years

Cheers mate

Ian

Hi Ian,

thanks! In fact, all other functions of the plane seems to perform well, even the weather radar.

Using no kneeboard was a possibility (I mostly use it for reading ATC messages if I can't use headphones because my wife wants to speak with me or my son wants to play while I fly). But I assume that I could forget about the fact, toggle kneeboard while performing final approach and wasted all the flying time.

And you never tested what happens when you toggle the kneeboard?

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have the DF 727 running on Win 7 64 bit, and the F10 key does not crash FS2004. I do get some odd graphic behaviour sometimes, but changing from full screen mode to window mode, and back again usually fixes that. I must admit that I hardly ever use the kneeboard command.

Graeme Butler

Thanks Graeme.

Can you please post which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your system?

Btw I tested some more planes, and this phenomenon only occurs with the DF727 - but with the DF727 it occurs every time I hit F10. So It seems to be in fact plane-related.

(Good to know I can still use other planes :mellow: )

Just an additional info - I do use windowed mode exclusively.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi

Same behavior. When hitting F10, FS2004 freezes and has to be shut down via Task Manager.

Didn't now until today, when I read this post.

It works ok with other a/c

IE11 installed.

Due to I never use F10 command, no big deal for me. Everything else works OK.

Regards

Can you please post which version of Internet Explorer is installed on your system?

I am using IE9.

Graeme Butler

I am using IE9.

O.K. that means this information on IE8 I found in the 727 support forum is incorrect.

Perhaps a graphics setting that causes this problem?

I meanwhile deleted the 727 checklist and reference htm files, but this didn't solve it.

Edin, it's at last a certain comfort to me that I'm not alone. Unfortunately, I do use the kneeboard from time to time.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I will play with the graphics settings in the evening. With my new Win7 x64 system, I also had new problems with some other graphics related items (f. i. no 2D panels with PanelAsTexture entry in fs9.cfg)

Will report back, maybe this thread has outcome for some of us.

Edin, which graphics settings do you use?

Antialiasing activated? If yes - via Catalyst Control Center or inside FS2004?

Any entries under the [DISPLAY.Device.xxxxxxx] section in fs9.cfg?

Which version of ATI Video driver resp. CCC do you use?

Just out of interest. Does this bird work with FSX? If so are there any known issues?

Don't have FSX, so can't help you. All I know is that it is specified for FS2004 at the product sites. There are rumours about portovers but I don't want and I'm not able to confirm these. However, Captain Sims "727 Captain" may be appropriate for you.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald.

Same here, no 2D panels with PanelAsTexture.

I'm using profile created in CCC. AA, AF is activated via CCC

I have tgis in fs9.cfg:

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]
Mode=1680x1050x32
TriLinear=1

I'm using latest Beta drivers 13.11 beta 9.5

Edin

Made some tests more.

All kinds of graphics settings and playing with fs9.cfg didn't help.

What finally helped was removal of the gauges from the panels. Further tests resulted in DF727NJ1.gau obviously being the offending one.

So there is an incompatibility between one of the gauges and the kneeboard. Maybe the difference between ATI/AMD GPU and NVidia GPU makes the difference between the behaviour of the kneeboard. I don't believe that it's a driver issue, since I stick with 13.1 (on my previous system this was the one which seemed to run best).

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I use W7 64, I just don't fly the 727 much anymore, but it works just fine as do all my add-ons from W- XP FS9. :rolleyes:

but it works just fine as do all my add-ons from W- XP FS9

Lucky you.

Good night!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg