Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Incredible XPX system performance...pictorial....cloud immersion FPS performance!

Hello all,  I am presently in a flight at FL210 over the San Joaquin valley heading East towards Detroit, Michigan from the beautiful State of California. I am just clearing the Valley for the East side of the mountains that surround it.  Today, I just wanted to demonstrate to those that presently are not enjoying the rich depth of this flight simulator, a few screenies of my passing through dense and in-your-face cloud formations that would normally bring any system down towards half from the high FPS range that the user would see with minimal clouds, less what you will see here.  The weather injector is SkyMaxx Pro v1.1.   I have included as the first grab, my XPX rendering configuration as a picture is a 'thousand words' as they say. After eyeballing what my XPX is running at, then I invite the reader to view the out-the-cockpit left side of the atmospherics in play.  I am running at a stunning rock-solid 29.99-30.02 FPS!  Stunning performance from my system, (you can see what I have under my Forum Name, etc.  So, I will enjoy having you along for the ride as we just settled into our flight cruse from the climb out near the West Coast.  Salute!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-125297-0-22787200-1386700312.jpg

post-125297-0-77414700-1386700330.jpg

post-125297-0-96347200-1386700345.jpg

post-125297-0-42996400-1386700377.jpg

post-125297-0-44348600-1386700398.jpg

post-125297-0-53602500-1386700417.jpg

post-125297-0-66375700-1386700438.jpg

post-125297-0-35704000-1386700450.jpg

post-125297-0-73195400-1386702699.jpg

post-125297-0-79092500-1386705321.jpg

Sounds like you are having fun! :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That MESH!  The first shot almost looks photoreal.......

I am glad you are getting more out of X-Plane now ;) 

I very much want to try all this with my new graphics card.... Which is unfortunately apparently being sent overland via Fedex pack mule from California. One week and counting....... :-/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I very much want to try all this with my new graphics card.... Which is unfortunately apparently being sent overland via Fedex pack mule from California. One week and counting....... :-/

"Hang in there, buddy...XPX is waiting for it....."  :)

"Why yes, Virginia, in fact there IS a Santa Claus....".... ;)

The time is fast arriving where I will give XP some serious consideration. Question re Skymax...all screenies I've seen so far appear to show skies with cumulus clouds but no cirrus at higher altitude. Am I correct in this observation? Probably not, but would be interested in hearing some comments....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Whoa.. I would like to crank my settings up like that. Unbelievable the performance you have with those settings (HDR in rendering and the skymax settings). I would get one frame per lifetime if I tried that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The time is fast arriving where I will give XP some serious consideration. Question re Skymax...all screenies I've seen so far appear to show skies with cumulus clouds but no cirrus at higher altitude. Am I correct in this observation? Probably not, but would be interested in hearing some comments....

Nah, just people not showing them. There are actually a couple of different types of Cirrus, depending on your preference and system horsepower.

The Manual

Devons rig

Bad Luck, I have never needed to wait a week for something to come fedex from the states to New Zealand.  It must be that the hobbits on this end deliver the last leg faster.

Rockliffe, they do manifest, but I had none in sight, when taking the snaps, and wanted to focus on the types of cloud structures that are a frame-rate killer within most sims displaying this cloud base, level of injection, and flying, almost touching them and/or actually through them. I had to wait for a couple of shots so as to get through the cloud that totally obscured my view.

Whoa.. I would like to crank my settings up like that. Unbelievable the performance you have with those settings (HDR in rendering and the skymax settings). I would get one frame per lifetime if I tried that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Swe, with  HDR engaged,this feature really brings atmospherics and lighting, 'home to Pappa'! 

Rockliffe, they do manifest, but I had none in sight, when taking the snaps, and wanted to focus on the types of cloud structures that are a frame-rate killer within most sims displaying this cloud base, level of injection, and flying, almost touching them and/or actually through them. I had to wait for a couple of shots so as to get through the cloud that totally obscured my view.

Swe, with  HDR engaged,this feature really brings atmospherics and lighting, 'home to Pappa'! 

Hmmmmm... I haven't tried HDR since v1.1 yet. Maybe I will give it a shot!

Devons rig

Thanks for the clarification fellas, appreciated...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776