Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

Erratic FDE Behaviour in P3Dv2

Hello

I have recently updated the Q400 to version 1.08 and I have installed it into P3Dv2 using the Estonia Migration tool.  Everything appears to run fine on the ground while taxiing but upon takeoff the aircraft banks/yaws erratically and the sim becomes choppy and un-flyable.  The frames remain steady at 30 but the view outside the VC stutters and is choppy.  I did not have this problem with FSX so I believe it is something to do with P3Dv2.  Under the MJC84 Control Panel I have tried the "FDE to FSX Sync" option enabled and disabled but the flight problem is still there.  Is there anyone else experiencing FDE problems with the Q400 in P3Dv2?  Any ideas on cause and/or fix ?

Thanks.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Hi John,

I had the same problem to be honest... BUT i thk mine was related to OPUS weather and the DHM option... whenever i have OPUS running and REX textures the plane was choppy and erratic as you say... in spy view mode was jumping all over!

I ended up uninstalling OPUS and REX and will wait for REX 4 to come out and just use that as will be v2 compatible as i understand...

Now that i am flying with default clouds and weather it seems to be ok except for the rudder... always have to realign it as is hard right when i load the aircraft...

Possible another addon causing something conflict?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Interesting.  I will try it out without Opus weather and DHM and see how it goes.  I have not had this issue with other aircraft addons in P3Dv2 with Opus running by the way.  I also run rex+o/d in P3dv2 but this problem is definitely related to the flight dynamics so I cant understand how a texture program can cause it?   

John Pipilas

Indeed... I wasn't sure either so after fiddling around with other aircraft it does seem to be a Q400 issues with Opus enabled... i tried the reinstall of simconnect but to no avail... it felt like the textures were being drawn to slow to catch up with opus or something like that...

The stange flight behaviour was the aircraft was always banking but flying straight... then jerks and stutters like playing catchup frames! Very odd

So when REX and Opus disabled it flew well... maybe they just don't play well together at this stage?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Or it could that the Q400 does not come with an installer for p3d and it might be an idea to wait for it. When the Q400 has said installer am sure it will work fine until then your just jumping the gun and strangely ask yourself why there are problems?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

True that David!

Doug 

David I hope your right about a P3Dv2 installer will fix this problem.   I am surprised there are not more posts about this problem.  After all the P3Dv2 master compatibility thread has suggested the Majestic Q400 works in P3Dv2 but I'm not sure I agree with that right now. 

John Pipilas

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for the link Simeon.  I have un-installed the Q400 from my FSX (F:) drive and re-installed Q400 into separate P3Dv2 (G:) drive.  As I understand from your link I must have P3Dv2 installed in the same drive as FSX for the Q400 to work until the P3Dv2 installer is released?  Correct?

John Pipilas

I believe they are finding there are many differences between the FSX and V2 rocket SDK. I for one am not going to bother installing the Dash untill it is fully tested and certified compliant with V2.

"As previously mention it is planned for the Q400 to be P3D compatible, once we are able to look at it and make the necessary modifications and of course thoroughly test it before making it officially public."

I agree Rendi.  I certainly don't want to install P3Dv2 into the same drive as FSX.   I will wait for the installer.....

John Pipilas

I can confirm I am having the same issue with the DASH when OPUS is enabled.

John.

a bit more testing..... and the issue seems to be around DHM, I turned it off (live camera, DHM, etc.) but left live weather on and did not notice the banking in cruise or choppiness/sudden refresh problem.

John.

Thanks for that John.  I will do some testing with Opus on/off as well.  I rely on Opus for my cameras so I am hoping this can get sorted out.   Perhaps I should post on Opus forum they are really good with support issues.

John Pipilas

I will chime in here to... I too turned off the DHM option and live camera...left the weather engine on and now she flies smooth as silk.... the 2 don't play together for some reason with these options enabled...

John, I posted on the forums and they were very helpful but none of the suggestions solved the issue until turning off LC and DHM

Doug